X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul W
    replied
    Originally posted by threeyoda View Post
    ...it seems like the NFL wants those renovations to Dolphin Stadium done before they get another Super Bowl...
    the word is strongarmed...

Leave a comment:

• threeyoda
    replied
    Originally posted by mandrake View Post
    The NFL has supposedly given Dolphins Stadium a list of demands that the place must be upgraded, or else no more Super Bowls. One of the demands is that they need to put up a roof so the rich folk won't get wet.
    Do people still think the NFL will give NY/NJ a Superbowl in February ?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aReB6pbT30Q8
    I don't know, but the way the vote went with Miami getting kicked out first, and New Jersey winning, it seems like the NFL wants those renovations to Dolphin Stadium done before they get another Super Bowl

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    So with Halladay's recent gem, would you agree that the time Joe Robbie is retired for baseball in 2011, it will have seen some pretty good moments in baseball history. Specifically:

A perfect game
    Two no hitters
    Two World Series, with one of them including a walk-off win in Game 7
    A 600th home run (Ken Griffey Jr.)

Not bad for a place that would only have had 20 seasons in its baseball history and was built with football primarily in mind.

Leave a comment:

• The Korean
    replied
    They wont get wet anyway. They have their luxury suite.

Leave a comment:

• mandrake
    replied
    The NFL has supposedly given Dolphins Stadium a list of demands that the place must be upgraded, or else no more Super Bowls. One of the demands is that they need to put up a roof so the rich folk won't get wet.
    Do people still think the NFL will give NY/NJ a Superbowl in February ?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aReB6pbT30Q8

Leave a comment:

• baseballman1243
    replied
    Originally posted by DJ Starion View Post

Leave a comment:

• DJ Starion
    replied
    Originally posted by baseballman1243 View Post
    They did...

Leave a comment:

• RfkFedEx
    replied
    Originally posted by PeteU View Post
    As I mentioned before, that the NFL thinks the place is outdated for the Super Bowl is nuts....the club areas of the stadium are as swanky as they come. They've got an actual ice bar at the 50 yard line. Right now, they are racing to finish the expanded club area on the south east endzone side, but hope to have it done by the Super Bowl.
    I hit up a Nats/Marlins series in April of 08. They had just finished expanding the sideline clubs and the waterfall wall was up and running. I have pics somewhere.

Definitely the largest club concourse I've ever seen in any NFL venue, let alone MLB.

The endzone clubs still had all of the decore from 1987 and they looked really old and small. I'm sure that's all gone now.

I also checked out the Orange Bowl under demo at the time. I think it will be a nice neighborhood for a ballpark.

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    Originally posted by RfkFedEx View Post
    Watching the Pro Bowl and it looks like they've added some small suites or press boxes. They might be temporarily installed for the Superbowl only.

The suites are located on the top of the upper deck on the first base side, which is the home sideline for football. There's always been a camera booth for football up there, so these are definitely new.
    They are definitely temporary. They actually look like little mini-trailers on stilts....a little scary to sit in if you ask me. But I've noticed them at numerous prior superbowls, such as the last one in Miami and the one in Jacksonville.

During the tour, the guide said they were being used for press as well as FBI surveliance!

I think I actually knew more about the stadium than the tour guide did, but she did give me a couple of interesting trivia bits. We walked passed a set of restrooms in the lower level. The guide mentioned that those restrooms had been used by both President Clinton and Madonna (albiet not at the same time). The latter actually made the staff remove the toilet seats and replace them with her own....allegedly because she feared that a toilet seat used by Madonna could potentially become a collectors item.....

As I mentioned before, that the NFL thinks the place is outdated for the Super Bowl is nuts....the club areas of the stadium are as swanky as they come. They've got an actual ice bar at the 50 yard line. Right now, they are racing to finish the expanded club area on the south east endzone side, but hope to have it done by the Super Bowl.

Leave a comment:

• mets16
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Armando Criscione
    replied
    Originally posted by baseballman1243 View Post
    They did...
    Indeed. Ironically, the naming rights were purchased by former Marlin, Dontrelle Willis.

Leave a comment:

• baseballman1243
    replied
    Originally posted by DJ Starion View Post
    It'd be like if someone came and renamed the Sears Tower. That'd be insane.
    They did...

Leave a comment:

• DJ Starion
    replied
    Originally posted by Bleeding Pinstripes View Post
    a building is diffrent from a ballpark or a team rich with tradition. and some buildings it dosent matter they are just office buildings. most of them are named for the majority owner of the building and they became pretty famous with their respective names. the chryster building, metlife, the citi corp building. but some that have a history its the same concept. if some one came and remamed the empire state building something off the wall like doritos tower. tell me there would not be riots on the streets of manhatten?
    It'd be like if someone came and renamed the Sears Tower. That'd be insane.

Leave a comment:

• baseballman1243
    replied
    Weren't they supposed to add new lights to make the place look brighter for the superbowl?

Leave a comment:

• RfkFedEx
    replied
    Watching the Pro Bowl and it looks like they've added some small suites or press boxes. They might be temporarily installed for the Superbowl only.

The suites are located on the top of the upper deck on the first base side, which is the home sideline for football. There's always been a camera booth for football up there, so these are definitely new.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X