• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    PeteU
    Birds and Fish

• PeteU
    replied
    I just took a tour of the place recently. It may be 23 years old, but the insides of the place look brand new. The place has tons of spaceous new club areas, the Dolphins locker room is huge, and the luxury boxes are all up to date. They actually transformed the old batting cages into an exclusive club for celebrities like JLo.

The only thing that is really out of date at Joe Robbie are the seats, which are beginning to fade. But otherwise the place looks just as new as the stadiums built this past decade. I really don't know why the NFL is complaining, unless it really is about the rain on the Super Bowl guests' precious heads.

Leave a comment:

• StadiumPage

• StadiumPage
    replied
    Originally posted by TommieAgeefan View Post
    Wow, Marlins were 3-1 in the games you went to, not bad in those days (and ironically, the one loss was in 1997, the year they won it all). Marlins are 3-5 in games I've attended (and that's only after winning 3 of the last 4).
    Actually that's just four tickets I picked out to scan. I went to like 20 games at Joe Robbie/Pro Player in the 4 years I lived in Miami.

Leave a comment:

• Aviator_Frank
    Engineer / Private Pilot

• Aviator_Frank
    replied
    Originally posted by PeteU View Post
    I'm guessing they don't use those lights for football games
    They don't during football games.

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    Birds and Fish

• PeteU
    replied
    Originally posted by marlins739 View Post

Notice the lack of baseball lights in the end zone sections next to the scoreboard in the exhibition game photos. When were those added?
    I think they were added when the Marlins started playing in 1993. I'm guessing they don't use those lights for football games--perhaps it is too easy to lose the ball in the lights.

I actually like the field box setup as it was for the 1991 exhibition game as opposed to what it is now. It looks a lot more natural and flows with the regular grandstand better. The field box seats they have now look a little more disjointed.

Leave a comment:

• Bleeding Pinstripes

• Bleeding Pinstripes
    replied
    Originally posted by mets16 View Post
    So you're telling me that if someone gives you 20 million dollars a year to merely name a building, you would deny it? That's not loyalty or tradition, that's just sheer stupidity.
    a building is diffrent from a ballpark or a team rich with tradition. and some buildings it dosent matter they are just office buildings. most of them are named for the majority owner of the building and they became pretty famous with their respective names. the chryster building, metlife, the citi corp building. but some that have a history its the same concept. if some one came and remamed the empire state building something off the wall like doritos tower. tell me there would not be riots on the streets of manhatten?

Leave a comment:

• mets16
    Enter Sand-man.

• mets16
    replied
    Originally posted by Bleeding Pinstripes View Post
    stadiums should not have coperate names. end of story!
    So you're telling me that if someone gives you 20 million dollars a year to merely name a building, you would deny it? That's not loyalty or tradition, that's just sheer stupidity.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Vaz

• Jim Vaz
    replied
    yea but its allways about money! thank god the yankees name is more valueble then any coproate name then can slap on a ballpark. other wise i would never have gone to see a game again. i mean the names sound ridiculous these days. tagret field, mall of america stadium at the metrodome. citi field, and they change names like a baby changes diapers. a stadium should be named after the team, the stadiums location, or an important figure in the teams history or the local towns history.
    Well thats the thing, the Yankee name itself holds as much value as a cooperate name and entity so you're fortunate enough to have a park that doesn't have to change names all the time. With that said, if the Yankees were not making as much money or struggling for a very long time, I can promise you the Steinbrenners wouldn't think hard and long before signing a naming rights deal with some large cooperate sponsor.

And like Korean said, its all about the money. When you yourself buy a team and or a stadium then you can call it whatever you want, until then this is America and its a free country and owners have a right to name their park whatever they want.

Leave a comment:

• The Korean
    No more losing streak

• The Korean
    replied
    yea but its allways about money! thank god the yankees name is more valueble then any coproate name then can slap on a ballpark. other wise i would never have gone to see a game again. i mean the names sound ridiculous these days. tagret field, mall of america stadium at the metrodome. citi field, and they change names like a baby changes diapers. a stadium should be named after the team, the stadiums location, or an important figure in the teams history or the local towns history.
    Every business is about making money. Show business is business and MLB is part of the show business.

Leave a comment:

• TommieAgeefan

• TommieAgeefan
    replied
    Originally posted by StadiumPage View Post
    Very rare "Pro Player Park" ticket stub at the upper right. If I remember correctly, they had already made the change to "Stadium" by the time I went to this game...
    Wow, Marlins were 3-1 in the games you went to, not bad in those days (and ironically, the one loss was in 1997, the year they won it all). Marlins are 3-5 in games I've attended (and that's only after winning 3 of the last 4).

Leave a comment:

• Bleeding Pinstripes

• Bleeding Pinstripes
    replied
    Originally posted by The Korean View Post
    ^Well I disagree. Theres nothing wrong with coporate names now a days since most stadiums wont last as long as the historic ballparks did in the past. It provides more revenues for the team.

Leave a comment:

• Richmond Hill Phoenix
    Many Registered Uses

• Richmond Hill Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    Reminds me of the bottom of the old scoreboard at Veterans Stadium, where every day was a "Day," and the scoreboard had a welcoming message. "Welcome To ________ Day."
    As in "Wednes" and "Fri" and "Sun"?

Leave a comment:

• The Korean
    No more losing streak

• The Korean
    replied
    ^Well I disagree. Theres nothing wrong with coporate names now a days since most stadiums wont last as long as the historic ballparks did in the past. It provides more revenues for the team.

Leave a comment:

• Bleeding Pinstripes

• Bleeding Pinstripes
    replied
    stadiums should not have coperate names. end of story!

Leave a comment:

• jC...

• jC...
    replied
    Originally posted by The Korean View Post
    Thats not really a horrible name though. Not to me anyway.
    The funny thing about "University of Phoenix Stadium" is that the Cardinals played for a long time in a college stadium. They finally got thier own stadium, and it gets named after a online college.

Leave a comment:

• The Korean
    No more losing streak

• The Korean
    replied
    Originally posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
    University of Phoenix Stadium is another handsome one.
    Thats not really a horrible name though. Not to me anyway.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X