X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StadiumPage
    replied
    Originally posted by marlins739 View Post

I didn't know that it was only Pro Player Park for 15 days at the very end of baseball season. There was only one Dolphins game under that name before it was changed to Pro Player Stadium
    Very rare "Pro Player Park" ticket stub at the upper right. If I remember correctly, they had already made the change to "Stadium" by the time I went to this game...

Leave a comment:

• marlins739
    replied
    New logo in the background from the press conference

Some old pictures of the place here

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...-lasts-awhile/

I didn't know that it was only Pro Player Park for 15 days at the very end of baseball season. There was only one Dolphins game under that name before it was changed to Pro Player Stadium
    Last edited by marlins739; 01-21-2010, 06:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• marlins739
    replied
    This full-page ad appeared in today's Palm Beach Post

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    Originally posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
    University of Phoenix Stadium is another handsome one.
    So when is UoP going to start playing their online football games at University of Phoenix Stadium? I'm telling you, their rivalry with DeVry is something else!

Leave a comment:

• Aviator_Frank
    replied
    Originally posted by DJ Starion View Post
    That's light years better than Jobing.com Arena
    University of Phoenix Stadium is another handsome one.

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Originally posted by DJ Starion View Post
    Anyone else remember when the pink taco put a bid in for petco, but for some reason the owners didn't like that name?

Leave a comment:

• DJ Starion
    replied
    Yes I like it because it sounds "Florida-ish" like when they renamed the Forum in SoCal The Great Western Forum after the savings bank of that name. It sounded like it belonged. Some corporate names are OK because they're almost like names themselves - the Philips Arena (Atlanta), Wrigley Field etc. Even PNC Park has a nice ring to it. One of my faves is the HP Pavilion in San Jose. They ought to have a laptop as the center ice logo.

Then . . . there's the Quicken Loans Arena . . .

Leave a comment:

• Aviator_Frank
    replied
    Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
    My fav corporate name is great american ballpark!
    Yes! I didn't even know it was a sponsorship when I first heard it.

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Yes I like it because it sounds "Florida-ish" like when they renamed the Forum in SoCal The Great Western Forum after the savings bank of that name. It sounded like it belonged. Some corporate names are OK because they're almost like names themselves - the Philips Arena (Atlanta), Wrigley Field etc. Even PNC Park has a nice ring to it. One of my faves is the HP Pavilion in San Jose. They ought to have a laptop as the center ice logo.

My fav corporate name is great american ballpark!

Leave a comment:

• Aviator_Frank
    replied
    Sun Life Stadium rolls off the tongue nicely. Any other opinions on the best name so far?

Last edited by Aviator_Frank; 01-18-2010, 07:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    That's a nice name. Better than Dolphin Stadium, and as companies go, it's a pretty good one for South Florida. In my opinion, it's the nicest name the place has had so far. Sun Life Stadium rolls off the tongue nicely. Any other opinions on the best name so far?
    I liked Joe Robbie Stadium. The guy paid to build the place, so why shouldn't his name be on it as a tribute? Of course, I'm a stickler for tradition when it comes to stadium names....never liked corporate names on stadiums, not even ones that sounded natural. Unless the company is willing to pay the media or private citizens as advertisers, why should we give them free advertising?

Leave a comment:

• JohnCropp
    replied
    That's a nice name. Better than Dolphin Stadium, and as companies go, it's a pretty good one for South Florida. In my opinion, it's the nicest name the place has had so far. Sun Life Stadium rolls off the tongue nicely. Any other opinions on the best name so far?
    Joe Robbie Stadium was better.

(In 1988), he moved the team from the Orange Bowl to his privately-financed Joe Robbie Stadium, a $115 million structure.

When Mr. Robbie first announced plans to build the stadium in 1984, he was greeted with skepticism. But he put up all his possessions - including the Dolphins' franchise - as collateral to assure completion of construction.

''This is just my perverse nature,'' he said. ''I'll have everything paid for by 2016.''
    Last edited by JohnCropp; 01-18-2010, 05:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• marlins739
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Aviator_Frank
    replied
    Sun Life Financial has just announced they'll be buying naming rights to the stadium and have signage installed prior to the Pro and Super Bowls.

At least this agreement will last 5 years so the stadium signs may actually be sun-faded before they're removed.

Leave a comment:

• marlins739
    replied
    Lasorda obviously didn't sit down the right field line. Now those are some bad seats. He also must have come for a night game in April. Having a good time is another story. That's easy.

Notice the lack of baseball lights in the end zone sections next to the scoreboard in the exhibition game photos. When were those added? The NFL is bringing in temporary lights for the Super Bowl to make the place look better on TV this year

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X