Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marlins739
    replied
    The roof they're proposing isn't retractable. That's the entire thing. It's just a fixed canopy over the existing seating bowl and not the playing field. The humidity will be there still. It's not quite so bad in the winter during football season.

I think they should lower the playing field when the Marlins move out whether they do the rest of this or not. It's ridiculous how far it is from the sidelines, and if they dig it out some more, it will be a lot cheaper than having to rebuild the entire lower deck. But look at the picture, it looks like they're planning to rebuild the long sides of the lower deck. There's a wall in the corner (just above the new tunnel in the interior rendering) that suggests the slope of the lower deck will be flattened on the sideline sides only.

New seats and a good pressure washing in the seating bowl will do wonders for the Dolph. As it is, the seats they've had to replace are from a different manufacturer and they look a lot less faded than the old ones. There's about 3 different types of seats found in the park right now. They can't do anything about the crappy legroom there, but it will feel a lot newer with seating bowl improvements

Leave a comment:

• SJLT252
    replied
    What I want to know is how they are going to deal with the humidity when they have to close the roof due to rain, considering the high humidity in South Florida, which is pretty bad.

Correction: I did not realize that the roof does not cover the field, so they will be no climate control, but a misting system should be looked into because it gets very hot early in the season.
    Last edited by SJLT252; 01-08-2010, 07:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    Originally posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
    Maybe instead of fancy neon channel lettering over the entrances of the ballpark they should just install a marquee and hand-install the stadium's name on that. "Tonight's ballpark name is: . . . "
    Reminds me of the bottom of the old scoreboard at Veterans Stadium, where every day was a "Day," and the scoreboard had a welcoming message. "Welcome To ________ Day."

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    Originally posted by The Korean View Post
    Odd as in good way or bad way?
    Odd as in, well, odd...it's a football stadium. So it doesn't have to be beautiful.

As to reducing the sidelines, I wonder if they will acheive it by a) rebuilding the slope of the lower deck, or b) lowering the field. My money is on b, as it seems more plausible.

Leave a comment:

• The Korean
    replied
    Odd as in good way or bad way?

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    That roof is odd--sort of a square version of the old Texas Stadium roof crossed with the Alamo Dome roof supports.

On the other hand, the orange seats will not be missed. For whatever reason, empty orange seats are more noticable than dark colored seats, even at a Dolphin game where the place is at 90-95% capacity.

Leave a comment:

• Paul W
    replied
    world's worst grounds crew from june 1993

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bureC...eature=channel

took almost an hour to get the field in playing shape...

Leave a comment:

• The Korean
    replied
    Not bad, and it doesnt look like its going to be too difficult to do it. The basic structure of the stadium remains the same. The bowl is renovated a bit, and the roof gets built.

Leave a comment:

• RfkFedEx
    replied
    Wow! I like those renderings.

The corner seats in the upper deck are never filled for football unless its a Superbowl, so why not scrap them?

The added shade will make the gameday so much more pleasurable in that place.
    Last edited by RfkFedEx; 01-07-2010, 04:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chef Bill
    replied
    Video taken at Marlins - N.Y. Mets game, 9/26/09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXjZfzj9Qe0

Leave a comment:

• stumpmerrill
    replied
    The dolphins have unveiled plans to upgrade the Stadium in hopes of getting future Super Bowls and other events.

article: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,1924520.story

link to more photos: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...2.photogallery

Leave a comment:

• Aviator_Frank
    replied
    Maybe instead of fancy neon channel lettering over the entrances of the ballpark they should just install a marquee and hand-install the stadium's name on that. "Tonight's ballpark name is: . . . "

This is insane.

Leave a comment:

• marlins739
    replied
    For the moment, Land Shark Stadium is back to being Dolphin Stadium. This article says that the next name of this place might be for Sun Life Financial, so presumably Sun Life Stadium/Field/Park

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=fla

For those of you keeping track, that would be the seventh name for this place, not counting repeats, ninth if you do

- Dolphin Stadium
    - Joe Robbie Stadium
    - Pro Player Park
    - Pro Player Stadium
    - Dolphins Stadium
    - Dolphin Stadium
    - Land Shark Stadium
    - Dolphin Stadium
    - Sun Life Stadium (?)

Leave a comment:

• jrh31584
    replied
    Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
    Or - dare I mention it within these borders - soccer? :hyper:
    It's a bit wide even for soccer.

Leave a comment:

• mets16
    replied
    Cool picture of Joe Robbie Stadium under construction in 1987.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X