Sun Life Stadium / Land Shark S / Dolphin(s) S / Pro Player S / Joe Robbie S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PeteU View Post

Some pictures I found on Ebay of one of the 1991 pre-Marlins exhibition games between the Orioles and Yankees.
    Did anyone bother to save these images?
    The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

• [email protected]: Miguel Cabrera enjoys first multi-homer game
      7/1/03: Miguel Cabrera notches the first of many multi-home run games in his career in the Major Leagues

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• a new name for this stadium once again
        http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...116-story.html

and the end of the orange seats
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gmtobehere View Post
          I mean -- once detached, how did they remove them crime inside the stadium? Were they airlifted? It seems like slicing that section into pieces small enough to fit through the tunnel would have taken forever.
          Old post that wasn't responded to...

I wasn't there, but I would assume that the seats were all unbolted and broken down when removed from the old concrete risers. These could easily fit into dump trucks small enough to drive onto the field. The concrete risers were probably demolished right there on site with the rubble being loaded into tri-axle dump trucks (ones that drive on roads all the time) and disposed of off site at a concrete recycling place or just a dump.

Normally the broken up concrete is separated from any reinforcing steel that may have been inside it. This is typically done when the concrete is demolished and dropped to the ground below.

Remember too that these risers that the seats were attached to are no more than basic tables. There are supports with steps in them and the concrete tables are set on top.

Also the vehicle entrance to the field is pretty big. There's more than just football and sports at this place. All that staging, etc. needs to be driven onto the field easily. Thus, the service drive is quite adequate for construction equipment - like it's being used today.
          Originally posted by drdg View Post
          This looks comfortable as a fan to watch a game from. Hopefully this makes it way to a baseball stadium soon.

Comment

• San Siro of South Beach?

(I know the stadium isn't in South Beach, but neither is the place where the Heat play...)

Comment

• Man I hope they address the structure itself, I saw pics of the owners or GM holding chunks of concrete from where the stadium was falling apart.
              The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• This one? It wasn't that bad. Concrete spalls. Especially 25 year old stuff.

stadium-problems.jpg

EDIT - I removed the other linked photos as they've been re-posted in later posts.
                Last edited by Matt The Hammer; 01-21-2015, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• The renovations do look great.

However...

It's great that they are adding seats closer to the field. But that isn't going to make up for the fact that all the other seats (original grandstands along the sidelines) are wayy to far away by today's standards. It reminds me of a few different times at the old Cleveland Stadium when they thought that they could improve sightlines by lowering the field and adding a few new rows of seats.

I guess this is a minor complaint, though. By and large, it will look great (and unique, unlike Gillette, Heinz Field, First Energy Stadium, Paul Brown, Invesco) which are today's NFL equivalent to the HOK "throwback" stadiums in baseball and all pretty much look the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
                    This one? It wasn't that bad. Concrete spalls. Especially 25 year old stuff.

[ATTACH]145095[/ATTACH]

Some Shots of Renovation:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]145091[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]145092[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]145093[/ATTACH]

Separating the concrete and rebar:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]145094[/ATTACH]
                    None of yo9ur links work for me, but I assume its the right picture. Glad its no biggie that's usually the shot you see before a team demands a new stadium.
                    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• Here is a link with great pics and some good info.
                      http://www.local10.com/sports/dolphi...plans/30760904

2 things though:
                      1. does anyone know if they are doing anything to the clubhouses?
                      2. Can they compete for super bowls with only 55,000 seats when other stadiums have at least 70K?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
                        Here is a link with great pics and some good info.
                        http://www.local10.com/sports/dolphi...plans/30760904

2 things though:
                        1. does anyone know if they are doing anything to the clubhouses?
                        2. Can they compete for super bowls with only 55,000 seats when other stadiums have at least 70K?
                        1. it is being done like Madison Square Garden in New York City, where just about everything in the inside
                        was destroyed and rebuilt including the clubhouses

2. they already submitted their intentions for the super bowl to the NFL,
                        the seating capacity will be 65,236 expendable to over 75,000 for events like the super bowl.
                        http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...116-story.html

from the Miami sun-sentinel:
                        "The seating capacity will decrease from 76,018 to 65,326.
                        A larger percentage of seats will be in the lower bowl than in the present configuration."

"Ross said he has already begun lobbying fellow owners for the next available Super Bowls
                        the NFL will award the 2019 and 2020 games in May 2016 — with the objective to bring three to five in the next 20 years.
                        They can't really commit that, but they want it. What better place?
                        This is the best weather in the United States at Super Bowl time.
                        The sponsors and league officials know that Miami is really the preferred choice of most of them," Ross said.

The Dolphins will receive $4 million for every Super Bowl played at the stadium through an agreement with Miami-Dade County
                        for performance-based subsidies for hosting major events that boost tourism.
                        The team is also seeking funding assistance from the state through a new sales tax subsidy available for stadium improvements."

baseball dugouts, what dugouts?
                        an inside look at what used to be one of the dugouts sections 140, 141 and so on

first base line
                        Last edited by drdg; 01-21-2015, 07:08 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Amazing how fast turf grass dies when not watered daily.

Seems too that there is no plan to sell the old seats.

Comment

• Ok good the site I read said 55K and I thought that was even too small for the Dolphins! Hope to see some locker room pics soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
                              Ok good the site I read said 55K and I thought that was even too small for the Dolphins! Hope to see some locker room pics soon!
                              What's this? The XFL? ha ha

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
                                What's this? The XFL? ha ha
                                Never mind that was the Hurricane games when they drop the screen sorry

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X