No announcement yet.

Sun Life Stadium / Land Shark S / Dolphin(s) S / Pro Player S / Joe Robbie S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking toward RF (currently), might be former 1st base dugout access in foreground:

@Dolphins on Twitter
    Ik heb een intense liefde voor de brouwers

Comment

• Totally great shots. So much teal. Love it.

Judging from the foundations still poking up, yes that's 1B side on the right.

This place would have looked so much better for baseball if the upper deck was removed in the OF like this.
      Last edited by Matt The Hammer; 02-10-2015, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• I never understood the concept of the tarps/seat covers in general. Do they think that fans are so stupid that they will make the stadium seem less empty, or that the giant empty sections disappear under the tarps?

What they did in the Metrodome with the curtain looked okay, but anything beyond that is a waste of time to me.

Comment

• False limited seating hoping that more is paid for the remaining seats.

Or the ability to say "sold out" with less than 70k there

Comment

• https://youtu.be/8qDCfC-MiVQ
            Last edited by THINK BLUE; 04-22-2015, 12:39 PM.
            It's Time For Dodger's Baseball

Comment

• this is for Mr. laser Beam
              the roof construction at the U.S. open Tennis center is on going
              this is Arthur Ashe Stadium across from Citi-field
              recent photo

http://msc.aisc.org/en/modernsteel/n.../#.VTgBtpp0xdg
              sigpic

Comment

• Does anyone know if there's a contingency plan if they don't finish by the start of the season? Yes, I know it's happening in phases, but what if THIS phase isn't complete?
                "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand. "
                Leo Durocher
                US baseball manager (1906 - 1991)

Comment

• The rendering video makes it look real nice. Imo, the improvements will do little to boost attendance after 2016, Canes or Phins. Why? Not bc there will be anything wrong with the stadium; it's just that Miami will always be a beach town.

Comment

• Originally posted by thewrong5 View Post
                    Does anyone know if there's a contingency plan if they don't finish by the start of the season? Yes, I know it's happening in phases, but what if THIS phase isn't complete?
                    No, but all they have to do really for the fans is finish the lower level and finish adding the seats. Things are humming these days anyway:

From oasisjae on Flickr:
                    chRBNYg.jpg

Not much left
                    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• They also are going in 2 stages this year will look like this:

c4ltEwe.jpg

The next will be:
                      tcBFvqb.jpg
                      The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• This stadium will be spectacular with the support towers for the roof.

I did construction management and scheduling for Gillette when it was being built. If you recall, the stadium overlapped Foxboro a little. In the construction schedule, as with any construction schedule, there are milestones. So the managers will know where exactly they are with planned work and where they will finish. If there are delays, you can use the schedule to figure out what will recover the lost time so that the completion milestone is back on track. You use things like double shifts, additional crews, added days (saturday and sundays) to make up time.

Gillette had a 'point of no return' date once Foxboro was demolished. Prior to that time, the contingency plan was to use Foxboro for an additional season.

Work in Miami versus Chicago must be easier to plan. Why? Weather. Although there are challenges with high temps and concrete - but there are solutions like pouring at night. Freezing temps in Chicago aren't as easy to work through.

Comment

• Plus I bet more room to spread out in that 1980s sea of parking they have around the stadium compared to the cubs where its very tight. If you were comparing to the Bear though, I think this design is different, they aren't adding any boxes or anything Just taking out seats, Adding the roof (Which you are right looks spectacular), adding some better seating/lounges within the existing seats, and only redoing the lower level. Chicago was a brand new stadium within an existing shell of architecture from another stadium that really doesn't even affect the stadium that much other than size.

Either way Miami has better options all around!

Comment

• P.S. Similar but different video as posted before, when they run out of the tunnel at 1:09 you get the whole feel!

Comment

• This will be a killer concert venue too.

I wonder if we'll see any baseball applications with the roof over the stands cable supported from above. Somewhat Olympic Stadium like with the tower and the roof support cables.

Shadows would be hard for baseball. But if they were placed in the OF...

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
                                This will be a killer concert venue too.

I wonder if we'll see any baseball applications with the roof over the stands cable supported from above. Somewhat Olympic Stadium like with the tower and the roof support cables.

Shadows would be hard for baseball. But if they were placed in the OF...
                                This is what I want in Tampa. Something like this and where the seahwaks play or a complete take off roof like the Mariners have. The shadows can't be worse than miller or some of the newer stadiums with really big lights and high seats.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X