X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sflnyc
    replied
    Originally posted by PeteU View Post
    I was able to make some scans of some old newspapers photos from the 1988 and 1991 exhibition games. I'll post them as soon as I can convert them to a postable format.

Anyone know how to convert a .tiff file to a .jpg file?
    Try opening the pictures with Microsoft Picture Manager. Then click "Export" from the File drop down box and then those the file type on the column that will appear on the right hand of the screen.

That's what I had to do to make all my pictures fit with the parameters of the website. All the scanned photos were like 2-5 MB and I had to shrink them.

Hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    Originally posted by sflnyc View Post
    My scans of the Sunday day game on March 31, 1991 will be up on the Personal Picture Thread later today.

That would be terrific! I've been looking for those pictures forever.

Leave a comment:

• sflnyc
    replied
    My scans of the Sunday day game on March 31, 1991 will be up on the Personal Picture Thread later today.

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    I was able to make some scans of some old newspapers photos from the 1988 and 1991 exhibition games. I'll post them as soon as I can convert them to a postable format.

Anyone know how to convert a .tiff file to a .jpg file?
    Last edited by PeteU; 10-10-2007, 07:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    Oh well. Unfortunately the Miami Herald and the South Florida Sun Sentinel don't have pictures in their archives; otherwise they would likely have some.

Apparantly, before they added the retractable seats in left field, it was a cozy 272 feet down the line.

Leave a comment:

• Richmond Hill Phoenix
    replied
    I checked Corbis and I couldn't find anything... Looks like there isn't much out there for these games.

Leave a comment:

• Sun Life Stadium / Land Shark S / Dolphin(s) S / Pro Player S / Joe Robbie S

I've noticed one of the great things about this board is being able to post up pictures of old or current ballparks. As such, I have something of a "request", as I haven't been able to find anything by myself.

Prior to 1993 when the Florida Marlins begun play, Joe Robbie Stadium (now Dolphin Stadium) hosted several pre-season exhibition games. I clearly remember two back in 1991 when Miami was in the running for an expansion team. It was the Orioles against the Yankees, and I clearly remember watching the game on TV back when I lived in Maryland. They actually had a capacity crowd of 65,000 or so for one of the games. I believe by that time they had made the stadium so that the left field stands retracted and the park had the normal dimensions it has today.

However, I believe as far back as 1988 there were some exhibition games played at Joe Robbie, and for a while the left field stands didn't retract, setting up a L.A. Coliseum like situation.

Now that I live in South Florida, I've been to Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphins Stadium multiple times for Marlins games. I'm curious, however, as to its set-up and color scheme for the exhibition games back in the late 1980s and early 1990s prior to the Marlins coming to town. So far I haven't found any pictures out there of it during this time. I was wondering per chance if anyone had access to any such pictures.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X