Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt The Hammer
    replied
    It was always so hard to see what the actual LF fence was. So many ugly ads...

This was the end of the decent looking LF wall:

233950d1319922682-search-perfect-ballpark-backgrounds-fla-2010-2011-sun-life-stadium-1.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Matt The Hammer
    replied
    By the end - the stadium looked so trashy. Between the former 'teal monster' looking like the side of a NASCAR car, and the prison orange seat covers... sad.

sunlife_top2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Matt The Hammer
    replied
    Picture mid folding of stands:
    0.jpg

I actually liked the way it looked in 1993:
    p-488915-florida-marlins-unsigned-marlins-first-pitch-program-april-5-1993-hc-akp6nylfd4.jpg

Also wished they stayed with the teal main color too.
    FFP_FirstFloridaPitch.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Matt The Hammer
    replied
    Here's a video for the conversion:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6cMBxAv-lk

Leave a comment:

• Matt The Hammer
    replied
    Here you can see the gap under the fold out stands:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Matt The Hammer
    replied
    There's pictures of it. Jump back a few pages.

Also, one shot from recently is under the removable stands. They folded out hydraulically with wheels running on the grass. They would install wheel runners on the grass to help protect the turf.

Leave a comment:

• RfkFedEx
    replied
    It looks like the lowest rows of the home sideline seating were built to be semi removable. I say this because the demo job looks relatively simple. I believe the visiting sideline was designed the same way, before the reconfiguration to install the fold up stands for baseball in 1993. I wish we had some pics of what the job entailed in 93, but I doubt it was well documented because we would have seen it by now if it had been.

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
    What's this? The XFL? ha ha
    Never mind that was the Hurricane games when they drop the screen sorry

Leave a comment:

• Matt The Hammer
    replied
    Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
    Ok good the site I read said 55K and I thought that was even too small for the Dolphins! Hope to see some locker room pics soon!
    What's this? The XFL? ha ha

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Ok good the site I read said 55K and I thought that was even too small for the Dolphins! Hope to see some locker room pics soon!

Leave a comment:

• Matt The Hammer
    replied
    Amazing how fast turf grass dies when not watered daily.

Seems too that there is no plan to sell the old seats.

Leave a comment:

• drdg
    replied
    Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
    Here is a link with great pics and some good info.
    http://www.local10.com/sports/dolphi...plans/30760904

2 things though:
    1. does anyone know if they are doing anything to the clubhouses?
    2. Can they compete for super bowls with only 55,000 seats when other stadiums have at least 70K?
    1. it is being done like Madison Square Garden in New York City, where just about everything in the inside
    was destroyed and rebuilt including the clubhouses

2. they already submitted their intentions for the super bowl to the NFL,
    the seating capacity will be 65,236 expendable to over 75,000 for events like the super bowl.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...116-story.html

from the Miami sun-sentinel:
    "The seating capacity will decrease from 76,018 to 65,326.
    A larger percentage of seats will be in the lower bowl than in the present configuration."

"Ross said he has already begun lobbying fellow owners for the next available Super Bowls
    the NFL will award the 2019 and 2020 games in May 2016 — with the objective to bring three to five in the next 20 years.
    They can't really commit that, but they want it. What better place?
    This is the best weather in the United States at Super Bowl time.
    The sponsors and league officials know that Miami is really the preferred choice of most of them," Ross said.

The Dolphins will receive $4 million for every Super Bowl played at the stadium through an agreement with Miami-Dade County
    for performance-based subsidies for hosting major events that boost tourism.
    The team is also seeking funding assistance from the state through a new sales tax subsidy available for stadium improvements."

baseball dugouts, what dugouts?
    an inside look at what used to be one of the dugouts sections 140, 141 and so on

first base line
    Last edited by drdg; 01-21-2015, 08:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Here is a link with great pics and some good info.
    http://www.local10.com/sports/dolphi...plans/30760904

2 things though:
    1. does anyone know if they are doing anything to the clubhouses?
    2. Can they compete for super bowls with only 55,000 seats when other stadiums have at least 70K?

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
    This one? It wasn't that bad. Concrete spalls. Especially 25 year old stuff.

[ATTACH]145095[/ATTACH]

Some Shots of Renovation:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]145091[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]145092[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]145093[/ATTACH]

Separating the concrete and rebar:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]145094[/ATTACH]
    None of yo9ur links work for me, but I assume its the right picture. Glad its no biggie that's usually the shot you see before a team demands a new stadium.

Leave a comment:

• gmtobehere
    replied
    The renovations do look great.

However...

It's great that they are adding seats closer to the field. But that isn't going to make up for the fact that all the other seats (original grandstands along the sidelines) are wayy to far away by today's standards. It reminds me of a few different times at the old Cleveland Stadium when they thought that they could improve sightlines by lowering the field and adding a few new rows of seats.

I guess this is a minor complaint, though. By and large, it will look great (and unique, unlike Gillette, Heinz Field, First Energy Stadium, Paul Brown, Invesco) which are today's NFL equivalent to the HOK "throwback" stadiums in baseball and all pretty much look the same.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X