• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul W
    replied
    2/22 & 4/1/91 a few pix...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Paul W; 03-26-2013, 07:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TommieAgeefan
    replied
    Here's an angle of SunLife Stadium that may not have been seen here before:

SunLife Stadium 021913-2.JPG

I took this today from the 5th floor of the parking structure of Memorial Hospital West in Pembroke Pines. Had never seen that before, because I usually park on the 3rd level (since my doctor is on the 3rd floor of the medical office building and I can walk directly to the 3rd floor via the pedestrian bridge. But today, I had a midday appointment, and there was nothing available on the third level. Luckily for me, as it turned out.

Sorry that the image is a bit fuzzy, I was using 9x optical zoom, plus 4x digital.

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    In it's hayday it was as informative as this site!

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
    To help out the mods here, I'm going to start talking more on Pigskin fever about it if anyone wants to join.

http://www.pigskin-fever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45
    That's a great idea, Chevy!

Pigskin-Fever is part of the same family of sites as is BBF, owned by the same person, and extremely dedicated to the topic of football.

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    To help out the mods here, I'm going to start talking more on Pigskin fever about it if anyone wants to join.

http://www.pigskin-fever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    Just so no one worries, I just relocated the last 50 posts of this thread to the Ballparks in Configuration for Football, Hockey, Boxing, etc. thread.

Please, folks, remember that this is Baseball-Fever. While I've made some room for the discussion of other sports here in the Ballparks forum (like in the Configuration for Football thread), all the ballparks' primary threads should maintain the topic of baseball. A minor crossover here and there is okay, but other sports should not dominate a ballpark's primary thread.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    My personal favorite Joe Robbie memory, 2003 NLDS Game 3:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...52253&c_id=mlb

It often gets forgetten in the mix thanks to the thrilling ending of Game 4 where JT Snow was thrown out at the plate to end the game and clinch the series. But Game 3 was a thriller

Leave a comment:

• Blue387
    replied
    Schilling's 300th K of 1998
    9/26/98: Curt Schilling records his 300th K of the season, achieving that feat for the second consecutive year

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=25507835

Leave a comment:

• Paul W
    replied
    Would the lights at oakland for the stadium be the reason the scoeboards being off for every sport?
    "off"? the boards placement were the only spots that could accommodate both layouts.
    would have been too expensive to move the light towers.
    as odd as the locations are, once you're in there you get used to 'em.
    folks sitting upstairs in rf better bring ear plugs, all pa speakers are on that side.
    Last edited by Paul W; 10-04-2012, 06:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    So when they take out dugouts do they just put a small tunnel entrance in its place or block it all off?
    I remember when taking a tour of Joe Robbie Stadium prior to the Super Bowl in 2010, we entered the field via the Marlins first base dugout. They had all of it blocked off from view using a wrap, with the exception of a small gap onto the field where the tunnel from the clubhouse exited into the dugout.

Given the original football set-up, the dugouts at Joe Robbie were built "into" the original 8 foot high wall that surrounded the field (much like other dugouts at multipurpose stadia such as the Metrodome were built into the wall). I believe the dugouts debuted in the 1991 exhibition series with the Orioles and Yankees. Prior to that, in baseball exhibition games in 1988-1990, I believe they just used benches backed up against the wall.

Leave a comment:

• marlins739
    replied
    The field looks to be completely unchanged from the baseball days. Both dugouts are still there, and you can still see the outline in the warning track down the right field line where the Marlins bullpen used to be. I'm surprised they haven't bothered to change that yet.

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    So when they take out dugouts do they just put a small tunnel entrance in its place or block it all off?

Leave a comment:

• NickEsasky
    replied
    Pete I may be wrong as I do not watch nor care about the NFL, but I thought I saw a photo from this season that would suggest the dugouts are gone now. The third base side, which would be behind the endzone. From the picture you posted it appears there is some standing room areas on the first base side, so maybe that dugout is still operational for purposes of letting fans out onto the field.

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied

Here's a picture of the recent Raiders-Dolphins game.

As you can see, the foul line seating and bullpen areas have been removed. Not surprisingly.

I believe the dugouts are still there, however.

I haven't heard any recent complaints about the field conditions now that there is no longer a baseball diamond there. My guess is that they probably re-sodded prior to football season.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Laser Beam
    replied
    So have any of the baseball additions (i.e. the dugouts, bullpens, foul territory, etc.) been removed from the stadium now that the Marlins aren't there anymore? Do they finally have a decent field as well? Meaning, a permanent football one?

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X