X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt The Hammer
    replied
    Originally posted by jnakamura View Post
    Using that logic every MLB stadium should be built with a 75,000 seat capacity so that "you can sit where ever you want".
    I miss the Vet....

Hell yeah I'd prefer some elbow room. Not to mention nothing beats sitting behind the dugout with a $5 uppder deck ticket.

If you want to go to the carnival, go to the carnival.

Leave a comment:

• RfkFedEx
    replied
    Originally posted by DJ Starion View Post
    Because the Marlins are going to move with a brand new ballpark built?
    The Senators left Washington while their new ballpark was under construction in 1960.

I don't think the Marlins are leaving Miami, but I'm just sayin.

Leave a comment:

• DJ Starion
    replied
    Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
    Nevermind be empty and see what the owners do.
    Because the Marlins are going to move with a brand new ballpark built?

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Originally posted by majorleads View Post
    Oh. I forgot the Marlins are moving to Portland.
    Nevermind be empty and see what the owners do.

Leave a comment:

• majorleads
    replied
    Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
    If you don't have a crowd then you wont have a team very long. Wave or no wave.

Oh. I forgot the Marlins are moving to Portland.

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    I don't care about that because I go to watch the game, not do the wave.
    If you don't have a crowd then you wont have a team very long. Wave or no wave.

Leave a comment:

• majorleads
    replied
    Neither does considering a 75% empty stadium a good thing just because you have more elbow room.

I don't care about that because I go to watch the game, not do the wave.

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Originally posted by PeteU View Post
    As a sports stadium, it is plenty historic. If I am correct, it is the only stadium to be the main venue of two different Olympic games.

But strictly as a baseball stadium, it was only around for 4 years. As you point out, it did have the fortune of having the largest ever World Series attendance (thanks to its massive size), but other than that, there's not much to say about the Coliseum other than it was a really, really bad venue for baseball.

It was the "Plan 9 from Outer Space" of baseball stadiums. The reason it was still memorable rested in its hideousness. But no one is going to confuse the Coliseum's baseball legacy with that of Old Yankee Stadium, Ebbets Field, Forbes Field, etc., or for that matter, its nearly baseball-perfect successor Dodger Stadium.
    It was only used because its still around and usable. If it wasn't still around or if it was falling apart no one would care. You don't see people crying I wish Forbes or ebbets was still around so we could play there. You didn't see the Eagles ever go back to JFK to play.

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    Well the Coliseum is one of the most historic stadiums in the United States, if not the entire world. And will forever hold the attendance record for a World Series.
    As a sports stadium, it is plenty historic. If I am correct, it is the only stadium to be the main venue of two different Olympic games.

But strictly as a baseball stadium, it was only around for 4 years. As you point out, it did have the fortune of having the largest ever World Series attendance (thanks to its massive size), but other than that, there's not much to say about the Coliseum other than it was a really, really bad venue for baseball.

It was the "Plan 9 from Outer Space" of baseball stadiums. The reason it was still memorable rested in its hideousness. But no one is going to confuse the Coliseum's baseball legacy with that of Old Yankee Stadium, Ebbets Field, Forbes Field, etc., or for that matter, its nearly baseball-perfect successor Dodger Stadium.

Leave a comment:

• jnakamura
    replied

That makes no sense.
    Neither does considering a 75% empty stadium a good thing just because you have more elbow room.

Leave a comment:

• majorleads
    replied
    Using that logic every MLB stadium should be built with a 75,000 seat capacity so that "you can sit where ever you want".

That makes no sense.

Leave a comment:

• jnakamura
    replied
    And the best part about JRS is that you can sit where ever you want. Sure beats sitting next to some loud drunken slob in a packed stadium who is screaming in your ear all game.

Leave a comment:

• majorleads
    replied
    Any stadium sucks that is 75% empty most of the time, regardless of it having decent sight lines.

I go there to watch the game, not the crowd. I also like a well manicured baseball field. (before the Dolphins chop it up) I can stare at a baseball field for hours on end, even if nobody else is in the park. And the best part about JRS is that you can sit where ever you want. Sure beats sitting next to some loud drunken slob in a packed stadium who is screaming in your ear all game.

Leave a comment:

• jnakamura
    replied
    I liked going to baseball games here, felt like I was right on top of the action. Football however, I hate it and feel like I'm miles away.
    Any stadium sucks that is 75% empty most of the time, regardless of it having decent sight lines.

Leave a comment:

• majorleads
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    How so? There is zero chance that Sun Life will ever be needed for baseball. There are no teams to play there. The Marlins obviously don't need it. No one else will either. And since it's been proven that the stadium sucks for baseball...well, to actually PUT a baseball team in there would be the foolish thing.

I liked going to baseball games here, felt like I was right on top of the action. Football however, I hate it and feel like I'm miles away.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X