No announcement yet.

Metropolitan Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to add that this plan is 100% impossible since the stadium is no longer there.

Comment

• The stands in left field foul territory at the Met were never permanent. They were the same wooden scaffolding on metal frames with green metal folding chairs below the cross aisle and rickety wooden backless benches on metal frames that they were through 1964. The only difference is that they weren't disassembled and moved to the outfield anymore. But structurally they were exactly the same the day the Met closed as they were in 1964
      Last edited by The Old Ballpark; 07-29-2015, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chip View Post
        I was just reading back in this thread and noticed that I never posted my
        CAD drawing of a cross section through the Met.

So here it is and it’s amazing cantilevers.
        So Metropolitan Stadium had 2 concourses for each level?
        The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
          No. Only the lower deck had two concourses. The middle and upper deck had vomitories between the box and reserved sections that curiously just led to the ramps. The middle and upper deck concourses were at the tops of the decks only.

Comment

• A YouTube video of the Twins' 1970 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
              Not really. The sections with an X or partial X through them are most likely for storage and utilities. Still, the field section might have had two concourses primarily because it was bigger than the other sections. With that said, the second post to your right was likely there for supporting the roof and people had to navigate around them. At the very least, the Metrodome concourses were open even though they were narrow. In short, the Met's concourses were just like old Yankee Stadium as shown below.

Comment

• The late, great, Bob Allison

This may or may not be The Met, but look at the Hall of Fame roster on this team from 1969!

33harmontwins1.jpg

bob.jpg

Picture Day 1962
                bob-allison-camera-day-1962.jpg

Comment

• '65 ws

[ATTACH]151234[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Was this the first park to have a double decked outfield?
                    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
                      Was this the first park to have a double decked outfield?
                      Ever heard of Ebbets Field, the Polo Grounds, Shibe Park, Tiger Stadium, RFK?
                      Last edited by The Old Ballpark; 11-19-2015, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Old Ballpark View Post
                        Ever heard of Ebbets Field, the Polo Grounds, Shibe Park, Tiger Stadium, RFK?
                        Sorry brain fart lol I meant without support beams
                        The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by chevy114 View Post
                          sorry brain fart lol i meant without support beams
                          rfk........

Comment

• Originally posted by The Old Ballpark View Post
                            rfk........
                            Thanks I wasn't sure on the years. When did Metropolitan add the upper deck to the outfield seats since it opened before RFK?

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
                                Thanks I wasn't sure on the years. When did Metropolitan add the upper deck to the outfield seats since it opened before RFK?
                                But RFK didn't have a lower deck in the outfield so it wasn't double decked.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X