• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would be a major upgrade.

Comment

• Several game mods of Metroplitan Stadium:
      Attached Files

Comment

• I always feel like when they redo old stadiums in video games that they look nicer than they did. Anyone else feel that way?
        The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
          I always feel like when they redo old stadiums in video games that they look nicer than they did. Anyone else feel that way?
          Well, in the video games the parks have a "fresh coat of paint", nice, green grass, and the stands are always packed. I always found it funny when you played those games and were in Montreal the place would be packed. Same with Fla or Tampa Bay.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleacherbum73 View Post
            Well, in the video games the parks have a "fresh coat of paint", nice, green grass, and the stands are always packed. I always found it funny when you played those games and were in Montreal the place would be packed. Same with Fla or Tampa Bay.
            Hey when I play with the rays, we are always winning, thats why our stands are packed lol. I feel you there is never a brown spot on the grass and they always fix up the stadium apperence issues. Thats the way I guess everyone want to remember their old parks!
            The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
              Hey when I play with the rays, we are always winning, thats why our stands are packed lol. I feel you there is never a brown spot on the grass and they always fix up the stadium apperence issues. Thats the way I guess everyone want to remember their old parks!
              I would like to see the games show the stands in a more "realistic" fashion. You know, the fat idiot with no shirt on waving it over his head while doing some knid of belly dance. Drunken fans yelling insults. Fans throwing debris on the field )Wrigley Field only) And every once in awhile you would have the game stopped by a fan running onto the field, with the game giving you the opportunity to go after the fan or let security handle it.

Comment

• Originally posted by six4three View Post
                Love those yellow Brewers sanitaries.

I don't think its the Brewers playing. I think it's Seattle on April 27 or 28th, 1977. I base this on it looks like it's somewhat cool weather with the umpire in a turtleneck. I remember at least one day game during that series for it was the first appearence of the expansion Mariners. Minnesota had alot of day series in April when they were at the Met.

Brewer didn't play at the Met until late June. Minnesota can be cold but its not that cold in June.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dougman59 View Post
                  I don't think its the Brewers playing. I think it's Seattle on April 27 or 28th, 1977. I base this on it looks like it's somewhat cool weather with the umpire in a turtleneck. I remember at least one day game during that series for it was the first appearence of the expansion Mariners. Minnesota had alot of day series in April when they were at the Met.

Brewer didn't play at the Met until late June. Minnesota can be cold but its not that cold in June.
                  To my knowledge, the Mariners never wore yellow sanitaries. By the time they came into existence, the fad had passed.

Comment

• You are correct.

Originally posted by six4three View Post
                    To my knowledge, the Mariners never wore yellow sanitaries. By the time they came into existence, the fad had passed.
                    After I submitted my post I did some research and it is the Brewers. The Brewers had yellow sanitaries and Mariners did not. Plus the shirt striping was consistent with the Brewers uniforms. The pic is from a September series wth Brewers.

Comment

• Originally posted by six4three View Post
                      Someone should tell that to the A's--they're STILL sporting them.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleacherbum73 View Post
                        And every once in awhile you would have the game stopped by a fan running onto the field, with the game giving you the opportunity to go after the fan or let security handle it.
                        If you play MLB 08: The Show on PS3, every once in a while the game will stop and they'll show the pitcher and catcher meeting on the mound, while they apologize for the delay because an "idiot" ran onto the playing field. There's also times where a beach ball will land on the field and the outfielder will throw or kick the ball off the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by btown12 View Post
                          If you play MLB 08: The Show on PS3, every once in a while the game will stop and they'll show the pitcher and catcher meeting on the mound, while they apologize for the delay because an "idiot" ran onto the playing field. There's also times where a beach ball will land on the field and the outfielder will throw or kick the ball off the field.
                          Wow, that's funny. I did not know that. They should show the fans running on the field and getting tackled though !! they should also show Cubs fans throwing trash on the field for bad plays or calls

Comment

• Cubs' Fans

Don't forget the bleacher bums dumping beers on outfielders that are closing in on Cubs' deep fly balls.

Comment

• i'm looking for photos or prints of the old met stadium.

Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
                              Way better than a dome that's for sure, consarnit! :grouchy
                              does anybody know someone that would be willing to see or let me scan an old met stadium photo for an office photo - we have a conf. room that overlooks the new stadium and thought it would be fun to juxtapose with a photo of the old.

jon stone
                              [email protected]

Comment

• speaking of picture requests

I'm looking for a picture of the scoreboard with the TCF (twin city federal bank) sign on it, (the one with the tree). I alway thought it was a fixture until end of the stadium but seeing the late seventies pictures it is gone.

I remember the challenge if a ball hit by a player struck sign he would win an incredible amount of cash...now its' probably a day's pay. I think Reggie Jackson was only player who got close to it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X