Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In which DEFUNCT stadium have you seen a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which DEFUNCT stadium have you seen a game?

Be forewarned that this will vaguely reveal your age. My crusty list:

Tiger Stadium
    Riverfront Stadium
    Jack Murphy Stadium
    Metropolitan Stadium
    Fulton County Stadium
    Candlestick Park
    Comiskey Park
    Busch Stadium (donut)

If you feel up to eulogizing the little place, don't forget that there are kids on site, and you will have to adjust the spelling of you're pronouns because their not two bright these days.
    smoker

Memorial Stadium. (And if you count the Minors and Spring Training, Wolfson Park in Jacksonville and Municipal Stadium in West Palm Beach).

Irregardless of it's average appearance, Memorial Stadium was for all intensive purposes a great place to watch a game. It had quite a affect on me as a kid.
    Last edited by PeteU; 07-24-2007, 04:04 PM.

Comment

I'll irregard the intensive purposes, and collect your memories of Memorial Stadium. When were you there? I was there in August '85 and September '87and never actually saw a game. I have pictures of myself outside the stadium, but never actually saw a game in the place. The O's weren't in town at the time. Coulda, shoulda.
      smoker

Comment

Old Stadiums

Old Comiskey Park
        Tiger Stadium
        Exhibition Stadium Toronto
        Crosley Field
        riverfront stadium
        Last edited by POLO GROUNDS 1957; 07-24-2007, 08:22 PM.
        LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Comment

Jarry Park
          Olympic Stadium
          Memorial Stadium
          Astrodome

Been in Exhibition Stadium for football only.

All of the stadiums I've seen baseball in, w/ exception of Skydome/Rogers Centre (which I will never go to again for baseball), are defunct ... like everything else about mlb to me... defunct.
          Last edited by exposhistory; 07-24-2007, 06:43 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Jack Murphy Stadium
            Candlestick Park
            County Stadium
            Comisky Park
            Tiger Stadium
            Riverfront Stadium
            Municipal Stadium
            Three Rivers Stadium

Comment

Originally posted by riverfrontier View Post
              I'll irregard the intensive purposes, and collect your memories of Memorial Stadium. When were you there? I was there in August '85 and September '87and never actually saw a game. I have pictures of myself outside the stadium, but never actually saw a game in the place. The O's weren't in town at the time. Coulda, shoulda.
              Really I caught Memorial Stadium at the end of its baseball service. I only started following the O's in their 1989 worst-to-second place "Why Not?" year and the place closed for baseball in 1991. I figure I went to about a dozen or so games there. Great place though. Smack dab in the middle of the neighborhood, miles from any expressway, so to get there you had to actually drive through the city neighborhoods. In a sense it made you really experience Baltimore just getting there.

Comment

Just Tiger Stadium and Riverfront.

But if you want to talk about vaguely revealing ages, I lived in San Diego when they were building a football stadium down the hill from us, and it was called Charger Stadium. Later people took to calling it "the Murph."

At the time, nobody saw baseball coming to SD.
                "Someone asked me if I took steroids. I said, 'No. I had a contract with Wheaties.'"
                --Bob Feller

Comment

The 8th wonder of the modern world - the Astrodome.
                  -David
                  Please read the Baseball Fever Policy and FAQ Section before posting.
                  "Some mistakes I guess we never stop paying for." -Roy Hobbs, The Natural

Ever wonder about the fastest pitch ever thrown? Click this link.

Comment

Riverfront
                    Exhibition (toronto)
                    Memorial
                    Fulton County
                    cong

Comment

Tiger Stadium
                      Busch Stadium (v 2.0)
                      CLEVELAND INDIANS Central Division Champions

1920 1948 1954 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2001 2007

Comment

Busch Stadium (ALMOST got Dusty Baker's sig)
                        Fulton County Stadium (caught a ball barehanded)
                        Municipal Stadium (TOO MANY good memories to count)
                        Riverfront Stadium (TV game, LONG rain delay, Foster homered below us)
                        Three River Stadium (rain again)
                        Tiger Stadium (Mike Jackson tossed me a baseball
                        Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                        Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Memorial Stadium - countless times from 1970 through 1991
                          Exhibition Stadium - 1983 - the night Dave Winfield killed the seagull
                          The Vet - 1987 and 1997
                          Riverfront - 1991 (saw baseball and football since it was pre-season for the Bengals) and 2004
                          Busch Stadium - 2004

I would have added Municipal Stadium in Cleveland, Tiger Stadium and County Stadium if there hadn't been the strike in 1981. We had a triptik from AAA and everything.

Comment

Mets at the Polo Grounds.

Yankees at Yankee Stadium. (Oh, wait... it's not gone yet.)

Comment

Tiger Stadium
                              County Stadium
                              Municipal Stadium
                              Riverfront Stadium

Almost Three Rivers-I was passing through, thought about it, but had an early start the next morning and passed. A regret, indeed.

Almost Old Comiskey - We weren't excited about the pitching matchup and were more concerned with the already planned game at County as well as our visit to Six Flags. Yes, I kick myself for that.

To follow Pete's lead, Ned Skeldon in Toledo.
                              Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                              Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                              Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                              Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X