Seat Markers for Home Runs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Markers for Home Runs

I know in the past seats woudl be marked for, say, upper deck HRs, so that at any given stadium there might be some marker where Frank Howard or willie Stargell, for example, once put one in the upper deck. Do they still do this especially in the new parks?

When the White Sox replaced the original light blue seats at US Cellular Field with dark green seats in 2006 they left two blue seats where home runs from the 2005 World Series landed. Paul Konerko's grand slam and Scott Podsednik's walk off home run from game 2 are marked with a plaque on the two blue seats in the outfield

Last edited by marlins739; 09-07-2007, 01:52 PM.
    1997 2003
    Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

Comment

Originally posted by marlins739 View Post
      When the White Sox replaced the original light blue seats at US Cellular Field with dark green seats in 2006 they left two blue seats where home runs from the 2005 World Series landed. Paul Konerko's grand slam and Scott Podsednik's walk off home run from game 2 are marked with a plaque on the two blue seats in the outfield

It looks like some enterprising fan was trying to remove the seat plaque. Very Bad.......I wonder why he or she stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by marlins739 View Post

historic or not, I'd be pretty ticked off if I got that seat and paid the same price as the guy next to me. They can paint it rainbow if they want, but atleast have the same quality chair.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex4Prez View Post
          historic or not, I'd be pretty ticked off if I got that seat and paid the same price as the guy next to me. They can paint it rainbow if they want, but atleast have the same quality chair.
          Dude, that is exactly what I was thinking. Looks like somebody just put a cheap, ugly blue lawn chair in the middle of all those ballpark seats.

Comment

Back in 1946, one of the greatest Red Sox players to ever put on the uniform accomplished a feat of mythic proportions. Ted Williams (that's his number 9 up on the balcony facade) launched a pitch 502 feet into the right field bleachers - the longest home run ever hit at Fenway Park. The seat was painted red and sits among a sea of green to commemorate the feat and give fans a very visible reminder of the greatness that has been on display at Fenway all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by TJH1923 View Post
              It looks like some enterprising fan was trying to remove the seat plaque. Very Bad.......I wonder why he or she stopped.
              That seat plaque is riveted in there (4 rivets). He or she would need a tool box to remove that sucker.
              Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Isn't there a seat in Shea Stadium that honors Tommie Agee's homerun. I don't have a picture though.
                sigpic

D-Rex!

Comment

Agee has a big baseball marker on the cement in between the upper/lower sections of the upper deck at shea. It's hard to see in this pic, but it is the only known fair ball upperdeck shot at Shea during a game.

Comment

During the Canden Yards tour, they point out two markers in the outfield : Eddie Murray's 500th Home run and the HR from Cal Ripken's 2131st game. There are also the brass markers in the concrete in Eutaw Street.
                    Last edited by MattD1972; 09-08-2007, 04:29 PM.

Comment

The seat where Harmon Killebrew's 520-foot home run landed at Met Stadium (longest ever hit there) is marked in the Mall Of America on the wall of The Park At MOA (formerly Camp Snoopy, soon to be Nickelodeon Universe).

Comment

Originally posted by MattD1972 View Post
                        During the Canden Yards tour, they point out two markers in the outfield : Eddie Murray's 500th Home run and the HR from Cal Ripken's 2131st game. There are also the brass markers in the concrete in Eutaw Street.
                        Isn't there some kind of marker where Ken Griffey, Jr. hit a home run off the warehouse during the 1993 Home Run Derby at Camden Yards? I remember watching him do that...the people outside the right field fence went crazy when Junior hit the building on the fly. I think he hit a low part of the building...but he hit it nonetheless.
                        Follow me on Facebook, or Twitter.

sigpic If you love your freedom, thank a vet...and this 10-year U.S. Army vet says, "You're welcome.".

Comment

Agee has a big baseball marker on the cement in between the upper/lower sections of the upper deck at shea. It's hard to see in this pic, but it is the only known fair ball upperdeck shot at Shea during a game.

Here's a close up taken from last season...
                          Attached Files

Comment

I believe that the Yankees honored Mickey Mantle's 500th with a plaque in the RF seats, but either somebody swiped it or it was removed during the renovation and never replaced.
                            Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

Those seats were there for 15 years. Theres really not much of a difference. You make it sound like you'd be sitting on nails.
                              www.twitter.com/jasonrosko

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X