Ticket stubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket stubs

I saw the post with the picture of the ticket stub from game 3 of the 1951 playoff series (Bobby Thompson's "Shot Heard Round the World"), and I got to thinking about ticket stubs to other famous games. Does anyone have any? I'd really be interested to see some, especially the older ones. I'll post some of the tickets from games I went to, starting with Nolan Ryan's 7th no-hitter...
    Attached Files
    Rockies fan living in Texas

Here's one from the first game ever played by the Colorado Rockies, followed by the first game ever played at Coors Field...
    Attached Files

Comment

The first game ever played at what was then just The Ballpark in Arlington...
      Attached Files

Comment

The first game ever played by the Arizona Diamondbacks (and the first game ever played in what is now Chase Field)...
        Attached Files

Comment

And one more... This was the game in which Nolan Ryan became the first pitcher in history to record 5000 career strikeouts...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Danielh41; 10-12-2007, 07:02 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the jpeg

Comment

damn baseball tickets used to be cheap. I wish they still were that cheap.

Comment

Take inflation into account

Comment

Inflated

Inflation... of everything: paychecks, egos, ownership groups, etc.

I remember when my dad wouldn't buy field level seats at Shea because they were too expensive ($12-$15?). Now, you can't even park your car for that!

Comment

Originally posted by Danielh41 View Post
                  Here's one from the first game ever played by the Colorado Rockies
                  I was at that game... If memory serves me right, I bought four tickets with the idea of keeping three of them as full unused tickets, as opposed to just the stubs.

My biggest memories of the game were seeing crowds of people still coming into Shea off the #7 ramp even after the game started (how many opportunities do you have to witness the very first pitch in the history of a team?), and the mad run for programs (they were sold out before the game even started).
                  X
                  What's THAT guy doing?
                  - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                    I was at that game... If memory serves me right, I bought four tickets with the idea of keeping three of them as full unused tickets, as opposed to just the stubs.

My biggest memories of the game were seeing crowds of people still coming into Shea off the #7 ramp even after the game started (how many opportunities do you have to witness the very first pitch in the history of a team?), and the mad run for programs (they were sold out before the game even started).
                    Yeah, I got there early myself and bought two of those programs. I've seen them listed on Ebay recently, still selling for just two or three bucks...

Comment

I have a stub from the first interleague play game... Giants @ Rangers... I need to scan and then will post.

Comment

Originally posted by duckydps View Post
                        I have a stub from the first interleague play game... Giants @ Rangers... I need to scan and then will post.
                        Hey, I was at that game too. I wonder why I never scanned my ticket stub... (maybe because I've never been a big fan of interleague play)

Comment

This is an awesome thread, but I fear that the powers that be might lock it since it might not fall under "ballparks." I think its relevent to the subject of ballparks. I have pretty much kept every baseball game ticket in the past 10+ years of games I have went to. 10 years ago I went to the first game of each of the first interleague series' at Busch Stadium. Each first game had a give away of a pin. So my g/f at the time put the pickets and pins from that year into a frame. I still have it up in my room.

This whole discussion makes me want to scan all of my tickets. I am curious to see other people's tickets. I also like when people have stories about their tickets and the game itself. Its like the ticket is a tangible object that connects a person to a time and place.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stlfan View Post
                            This is an awesome thread, but I fear that the powers that be might lock it since it might not fall under "ballparks."
                            Mods don't lock threads that pertain to baseball, they move them to the proper forum. But why would you think a thread on ballpark tickets is out of place here?

Comment

My first thought was that ticket stubs fall more under the category of memorabilia. But I can also understand how they can be considered stadiana.
                              X
                              What's THAT guy doing?
                              - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X