No announcement yet.

Nationals Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The centerfield cam is back as of today, now mounted on the parking garage beyond left center field.

Comment

• Long November

These shots are some of the most beautiful I've seen.

I got goosebumps when I saw that first shot with grass!

Five months to go!

Comment

• I love what they did with the lights. And seeing the park with grass makes it seem like it's opening soon, even though its still months away. I just hope they don't leave the wall that hideous light green color that they showed in the renderings
        1997 2003
        Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

Comment

• Originally posted by marlins739 View Post
          I love what they did with the lights. And seeing the park with grass makes it seem like it's opening soon, even though its still months away. I just hope they don't leave the wall that hideous light green color that they showed in the renderings
          The wall will probably be a very similar color to what they're painting right now.

Comment

• That part in right center is going to be under the out of town scoreboard, so there's still hope. I don't know what's wrong with a blue wall, it's one of the Nats' colors and America's colors, when light green isn't
            1997 2003
            Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

Comment

• Originally posted by marlins739 View Post
              I don't know what's wrong with a blue wall, it's one of the Nats' colors and America's colors, when light green isn't
              Green is a tough ballpark cliche to give up it seems. Team owners are often like sheep in things like ballpark aesthetics, stadium music, uniform trends, etc..

Comment

• No turf being installed today. Strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by nymdan9 View Post
                  No turf being installed today. Strange.
                  And the new Camera Angle is stuck on 5:50 PM of the 2nd
                  Last edited by RichardK; 11-05-2007, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Although it looks like "New Nationals Park" will be a decent-looking ballpark, it's not complete without criticism. It's a minor gripe I have with HOK Sport, the people who are building this stadium. They reuse similar designs in their "retro" ballparks. Compare behind home plate to Busch Stadium III. See any slight similarities?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Solair Wright; 11-05-2007, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• Great new stadium interior gallery:
                      http://www.jdland.com/dc/stadium.cfm?tab=no3

Comment

• Originally posted by Elvis View Post
                        Green is a tough ballpark cliche to give up it seems. Team owners are often like sheep in things like ballpark aesthetics, stadium music, uniform trends, etc..
                        At least there isn't as much teal and purple these days.

Comment

• Here is the press box. I guess journalists in D.C. need a lot of space to work.

Courtesy of JD Land.

Comment

• This looks really good. It's going to be instantly recognizable on TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by nymdan9 View Post
                              This looks really good. It's going to be instantly recognizable on TV.
                              Keystone landscaping. It will fit in nicely with the surburban office feel of the park.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
                                Keystone landscaping. It will fit in nicely with the surburban office feel of the park.
                                Here's hoping it's called "Pleasant Acres Park" or "Rolling Meadows Field" to complete the circle of phoniness.
                                http://www.virtualfenway.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X