Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nationals Park

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sean O View Post
    Here's hoping it's called "Pleasant Acres Park" or "Rolling Meadows Field" to complete the circle of phoniness.
    Oh that is very surbanish.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
      At least there isn't as much teal and purple these days.
      Well that's because that's not the "in" colors anymore. Powder blue is the new "in" color--Nuggets, Chargers, Jazz, Devil Rays...
      Last edited by Elvis; 11-06-2007, 11:29 PM.

      Comment


      • 6:35 AM (yes, it looks much later than that... end of daylight savings time messes with your head)... lots of turf rolls in the outfield waiting to be installed.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
          At least there isn't as much teal and purple these days.
          Actually, I liked the teal on the Marlins uniforms. Since 2003 they've minimized the teal to a ridiculously small amount. Now the uniforms look like any other black and white pinstriped uniforms--bleech.

          All I'm saying is the new Marlins ballpark better have teal seats.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by PeteU View Post
            Actually, I liked the teal on the Marlins uniforms. Since 2003 they've minimized the teal to a ridiculously small amount. Now the uniforms look like any other black and white pinstriped uniforms--bleech.

            All I'm saying is the new Marlins ballpark better have teal seats.
            Actually, after seeing pictures of Space Coast Stadium before the Nationals painted them dark blue, I'm not so sure the teal seats would work so well. It was pretty loud. Maybe only part of it would be teal, like the outfield sections or the club level or something. As long as the walls are teal, and there's enough teal around the place to remind you where you are, they can put in hot pink seats as long as there's a new park to put them in



            It's the Nats' spring training facility now, so it's kinda on topic
            1997 2003
            Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

            Comment


            • 5:17 PM. Notice the RF bullpen walls painted green and the scoreboard almost done.

              Comment


              • scoreboard is completed! i was wondering when the sod was delivered today so i looked back at the web cam and it started comming in at 1:30 and took a couple hours. just thought the time of delivery was interesting.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by finch5682 View Post
                  scoreboard is completed! i was wondering when the sod was delivered today so i looked back at the web cam and it started comming in at 1:30 and took a couple hours. just thought the time of delivery was interesting.
                  Nice observation. They really are working around the clock on this stadium.

                  It's also interesting that it's almost 10:00 and they just started puttind the sod down. On previous days they started around 7:30.

                  Comment


                  • well i know when i will be going to this stadium next year. may 25 vs. MIL. can't wait. got my hotel rooms book already

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by finch5682 View Post
                      scoreboard is completed! i was wondering when the sod was delivered today so i looked back at the web cam and it started comming in at 1:30 and took a couple hours. just thought the time of delivery was interesting.
                      The first two days of installing sod they would truck them in as early as 5:00 AM in the morning... It was hard to see on the camera but I noticed objects being placed in rows, in the morning it was aparent what I was seeing

                      Edit: They have ALOT of sod out there today, more than ever... I guess they want to finish it TODAY.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by marlins739 View Post
                        Actually, after seeing pictures of Space Coast Stadium before the Nationals painted them dark blue, I'm not so sure the teal seats would work so well. It was pretty loud. Maybe only part of it would be teal, like the outfield sections or the club level or something. As long as the walls are teal, and there's enough teal around the place to remind you where you are, they can put in hot pink seats as long as there's a new park to put them in



                        It's the Nats' spring training facility now, so it's kinda on topic
                        Call me crazy, but I liked the old color scheme of Space Coast Stadium. Whenever I drove by it, it always caught my eye. Now, with the dark navy blue seats, the place looks, well, neutered. Of course, with the Nationals as the new tenant, it does make some sense.

                        I also like how the Jacksonville Jaguars stadium looks with a similar scheme.

                        A teal get-up would work well for the Florida Marlins. Green and dark blue seats are just so overdone. Green seats look out of place without red brick, and red brick architecture isn't particularly common in Miami. And dark blue is just so boring and unimaginative to me.

                        Teal, on the other hand, is featured prominently with the Marlins, or at least it used to be. The other two team colors--black and silver--don't really work. Black seats would be hot and impractical, while silver seats would look unfinished. Plus it matches the color of the ocean in the area. Now, I could understand not putting teal seats in say, Milwaukee, but in Florida it gives off a nice tropical vibe.

                        It might be a bit jarring for some at first glance, but I think it makes the most sense of any color (unless they want to go with orange like at Dolphin Stadium). If you think about it, a Marlins Park with teal seats makes no less sense than the decision to put red seats in at Busch III.

                        But I'll certainly agree with you that in the long run I don't care what color the seats are so long as the place gets built.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by RichardK View Post
                          The first two days of installing sod they would truck them in as early as 5:00 AM in the morning... It was hard to see on the camera but I noticed objects being placed in rows, in the morning it was aparent what I was seeing

                          Edit: They have ALOT of sod out there today, more than ever... I guess they want to finish it TODAY.
                          I am guessing with the holiday weekend coming up they want to finish so they might have an extra day off on Friday or something.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CMart View Post
                            I am guessing with the holiday weekend coming up they want to finish so they might have an extra day off on Friday or something.
                            Ok -- they have apparently gone home for the day and have left field to still put down, so I guess I was wrong about them trying to get a 4-day weekend

                            Comment


                            • If they do as much tomorow as they did today it will be done:

                              Comment


                              • yeah they will be finishing grass today, the length of grass gets smaller with each run,

                                and

                                the SECOND CAMERA IS FINALLY BACK UP & RUNNING

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X