X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• threeyoda
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    I don't think it's right that the Nationals should have pennants commemorating the Senators' World Series victories as if they were their own. Those pennants belong in Arlington, where the Senators relocated in 1972. It's okay for them to celebrate the city's great moments in baseball elsewhere in the ballpark, but the Washington Nationals are not the same franchise and in a sport where the goal is to "win the pennant," to display pennants for a victory your team did not earn is wrong.
    I believe that when the Washington Senators II moved to Arlington, they didn't have any World Champions.

The Minnesota Twins, former Washington Senators I, have the World Championships, and when they moved to Minneapolis, they left them in Washington, where the new Washington Senators took them, and then left them in DC when they moved to Arlington. Now, the Washington Nationals took them when they moved to DC in 2005.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    Originally posted by quagmire View Post
    Here are my photo's of Nationals Park and some pictures of the game when I went there last year. We have better seats this year and can't wait to go again this year.

I don't think it's right that the Nationals should have pennants commemorating the Senators' World Series victories as if they were their own. Those pennants belong in Arlington, where the Senators relocated in 1972. It's okay for them to celebrate the city's great moments in baseball elsewhere in the ballpark, but the Washington Nationals are not the same franchise and in a sport where the goal is to "win the pennant," to display pennants for a victory your team did not earn is wrong.

Leave a comment:

• quagmire
    replied
    Originally posted by yankies4life View Post
    beautiful, what kind of camera are you shooting with?
    Nikon D60 with an AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm and the stock lens
    Last edited by quagmire; 05-24-2010, 02:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• yankies4life
    replied
    Originally posted by quagmire View Post
    Some more......

I think this is my best shot of the night. The picture has a bit of noise in it due to me messing around with the ISO since I just got the camera two weeks earlier.

This picture was a HR. I am happy this one turned out pretty good.

beautiful, what kind of camera are you shooting with?

Leave a comment:

• quagmire
    replied
    Some more......

I think this is my best shot of the night. The picture has a bit of noise in it due to me messing around with the ISO since I just got the camera two weeks earlier.

This picture was a HR. I am happy this one turned out pretty good.

Last edited by quagmire; 05-24-2010, 02:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• quagmire
    replied
    Here are my photo's of Nationals Park and some pictures of the game when I went there last year. We have better seats this year and can't wait to go again this year.

Leave a comment:

• CFmets09
    replied
    looking at anubis' pics, man that parking garage kills left field

Leave a comment:

• Anubis2051
    replied
    Originally posted by RfkFedEx View Post
    Glad to hear you had a good time Anubis. I'll be there tomorrow. I welcome all opposing fans in our park, even Philthies. As a Nats fan, it's more fun to have people in the park than emty seats. We're a busy town, there's not much time for baseball.
    Well you'll be happy to know that I actualy wore a Nat's hat at the game! Here's the pics I promised, sorry for the low quality, I took them with my cell, but you can see the progression of our seats:

Also, I love the number of fans who are already (!) wearing Strasburg shirts/jerseys!

Leave a comment:

• RfkFedEx
    replied
    Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
    [/B]Oh I'm betting people find time when Mr. Strasburg comes to town.
    With a projected debut on Friday, June 4th the ticket office has already rationed what the pubilc can buy. Only the higher priced seats are available for purchase at the park right now. The cheap seats that normally sell for $10-35 dollars are being held for the brokers to fetch top $. Can't blame the Nats for wanting to cash in on the true market value of their tix.

Leave a comment:

• LI METS FAN
    replied
    Originally posted by RfkFedEx View Post
    Glad to hear you had a good time Anubis. I'll be there tomorrow. I welcome all opposing fans in our park, even Philthies. As a Nats fan, it's more fun to have people in the park than emty seats. We're a busy town, there's not much time for baseball.

Oh I'm betting people find time when Mr. Strasburg comes to town.

Leave a comment:

• RfkFedEx
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LI METS FAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
    Went last night, and aside from the terrible game, it was awesome. Taking RfkFedEx's advice, I was able to sit 10 rows off the field eight next to first without any hassle at all. Also, I'm just throwing this out there, but the Nationals may be better to their fans, better thanany other team Not only did I get the free hat, but they gave out programs for free (which shocked me, to put it lightly), and free amp energy drinks. I had a great time overall. Pics coming soon.
    I'm glad they are good to their DC fans. I went to a Nats spring training game in Space Coast Stadium and I was surprised that you can't even enter the ballpark until AFTER the Nats have completed batting practice. We arrive at 11:10 for a 1PM start and had to wait until 11:30 for the gates to open. At that point the Nats batting practice was over and the visiting Marlins BP was almost over as well. I guess its a money saving thing to avoid paying the staff and ticket takers to open up early. Too bad.

Leave a comment:

• brewerfan386
    replied
    Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
    Went last night, and aside from the terrible game, it was awesome. Taking RfkFedEx's advice, I was able to sit 10 rows off the field eight next to first without any hassle at all. Also, I'm just throwing this out there, but the Nationals may be better to their fans, better than any other team. Not only did I get the free hat, but they gave out programs for free (which shocked me, to put it lightly), and free amp energy drinks. I had a great time overall. Pics coming soon.
    Good report, can't wait to see the pictures!

Leave a comment:

• The Korean
    replied
    Am I the only one that likes how the Nationals Park looks externally? It stays away from the OPACY design.

Leave a comment:

• Anubis2051
    replied
    Went last night, and aside from the terrible game, it was awesome. Taking RfkFedEx's advice, I was able to sit 10 rows off the field eight next to first without any hassle at all. Also, I'm just throwing this out there, but the Nationals may be better to their fans, better than any other team. Not only did I get the free hat, but they gave out programs for free (which shocked me, to put it lightly), and free amp energy drinks. I had a great time overall. Pics coming soon.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X