• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJH1923
    replied
    Originally posted by Smirkman View Post
    Were you there?
    No, I don't live in the DC area. As a baseball fan, I did make sure I watched it on TV (MLB Package). I would have liked to have been there as a fan of the history of the game.

Leave a comment:

• Smirkman
    replied
    Originally posted by TJH1923 View Post
    If you really wanted to be there you would have been.......Do you have 30,000 or 40,000 other excuses why the ballpark was not filled. DC baseball fans missed a once in a lifetime opportunity. The last opportunity to see a potential 300th win game was by Walter Johnson in 1920.
    Were you there?

Leave a comment:

• li7039
    replied
    Originally posted by nymdan View Post
    Because I can't stand seeing the guy with a Mets hat and shirt during Mets BP, then switching to a Braves, Yankees, or Phillies hat when that team takes BP... knocking over women and children to get balls, etc
    true fair enough

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    Originally posted by li7039 View Post
    just curious why?
    Because I can't stand seeing the guy with a Mets hat and shirt during Mets BP, then switching to a Braves, Yankees, or Phillies hat when that team takes BP... knocking over women and children to get balls, etc

Leave a comment:

• li7039
    replied
    Originally posted by nymdan View Post
    I can't stand Zach Hample.
    just curious why?

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul W View Post
    a glowing review of the place, 6/3/09 entry -http://snaggingbaseballs.mlblogs.com/
    I can't stand Zach Hample.

Leave a comment:

• TJH1923
    replied
    Originally posted by MontanaJim74 View Post
    Some of us actually do work, you know. if johnson was the starter for the second game of the doubleheader i would have gone. History or not, my boss wont let me take off from work to watch baseball.
    If you really wanted to be there you would have been.......Do you have 30,000 or 40,000 other excuses why the ballpark was not filled. DC baseball fans missed a once in a lifetime opportunity. The last opportunity to see a potential 300th win game was by Walter Johnson in 1920.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaJim74
    replied
    Originally posted by TJH1923 View Post
    Agreed........I don't care how lousy the team is or how crappy the weather was, the baseball fans of the DC metro area missed an excellent opportunity to see baseball history. The possibility exists that the 300 win plateau might never be accomplished again.
    Some of us actually do work, you know. if johnson was the starter for the second game of the doubleheader i would have gone. History or not, my boss wont let me take off from work to watch baseball.

Leave a comment:

• Paul W
    replied
    The Washington Nationals are inept, from top to bottom.

a glowing review of the place, 6/3/09 entry - http://snaggingbaseballs.mlblogs.com/
    Last edited by Paul W; 06-05-2009, 07:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    I thought I remembered reading that they fixed the location of the home plate camera. Guess not. At least not for the visiting team broadcast.

Leave a comment:

• mets16
    replied
    Hey guys.... I'm back! Anyways I'm heading to D.C. for the game tonight. Gonna try and tough it out in the rain, and a Redding start. Pictures to follow.

Leave a comment:

• TJH1923
    replied
    Originally posted by tdinan View Post
    Pathetic showing yesterday for a historic occasion.
    Agreed........I don't care how lousy the team is or how crappy the weather was, the baseball fans of the DC metro area missed an excellent opportunity to see baseball history. The possibility exists that the 300 win plateau might never be accomplished again.

Leave a comment:

• tdinan
    replied
    Originally posted by marlins739 View Post
    Looks like they need to drop the price on the second deck above the right field bullpen. Too bad the Nats are too bad to draw well just yet, this is a nice looking ballpark
    Pathetic showing yesterday for a historic occasion.

Leave a comment:

• Seattle1
    replied
    Originally posted by elpablo302 View Post
    Quick panorama from last July...any differences yet?
    Isn't that block of empty space beyond the CF wall filled in with grass this season? It doesn't look like grass in this picture.

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    Originally posted by elpablo302 View Post
    Quick panorama from last July...any differences yet?
    Red Porch restaurant has been expanded. New batter's eye, also.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X