Nationals Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mex4Prez View Post
    Like it or not(I'm not sure which I do yet), the stadiums design actually does fit in with the local architecture. Not the roman style buildings like the white house and capital building, but the new style of architecture. DC seems to be trying to get a more modern look.

and the future...

so the new stadium really does fit in with these buildings. I know a lot of people wanted the stadium to look like a roman colesium. But you can't blame them for wanting the capital of the greatest country in the world to get a more modern look after some 200+ years. Imagine the outrage that will come when they want to build a more modern looking white house
    Gee.....those buildings look neat.
    I can't wait till Nationals Park opens so I can go there.

Comment

• Originally posted by nymdan9 View Post
      What's with this tarp that's been over the grass for the past week and a half... Can the grass grow under that thing?
      Actually, I think that's the reason for the tarp. The tarp is translucent so it allows the light to seap in, but I think it is heated underneath so that the grass grows in the winter and stays green.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdnash View Post
        never ever EVER judge art before its finished. havent we learned anything from watching bob ross?

Bob Ross was great. He took a piece of canvas and painted a bunch of happy trees with Sap green, Van Dyke Brown, Crimson, Yellow Ochre and Phthalo blue , all in a 1/2 hour show that put me to sleep in about 5 minutes. Ahhh those were the days!!! This guy was better then therapy!!

Comment

• Originally posted by gemcaptom View Post
          Bob Ross was great. He took a piece of canvas and painted a bunch of happy trees with Sap green, Van Dyke Brown, Crimson, Yellow Ochre and Phthalo blue , all in a 1/2 hour show that put me to sleep in about 5 minutes. Ahhh those were the days!!! This guy was better then therapy!!
          hahahhah that was fummy:applaud:

this stadium is an improvemet over rfk but it lacks style

Comment

• Originally posted by gemcaptom View Post
            One thing I never got about Bob Ross is how did he paint a whole painting in a half hour? And, either I see the same episode every time he's on, or he's painting the same thing every time.

Comment

At least those buildings are somewhat attractive, at least IMO.

I didn't mind the exterior of Nationals Park when I saw it in this rendering:

But now that it's built it looks pretty ugly... very bland, almost like a warehouse or something. I think in the rendering above you have the green grass, the blue seats, and the red awnings... so your eye doesn't really catch on to how grey the stadium itself is. Maybe once the area is landscaped and once they have awnings and signs up, it will look a little better.

Personally I think the new Yankee Stadium will look almost as bland from the outside... the facade has no color or contrast to it.

I liked the tannish-grey facade shown in the original renderings better:

I agree about the New Yankee Stadium from initially looking at the computer design as compared to the artist rendering. I think the artists rendering are MUUCH MUCH nicer, but I still do think its gonna be very nice. I really like the whole brick facade theme of the Mets new park.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
                One thing I never got about Bob Ross is how did he paint a whole painting in a half hour? And, either I see the same episode every time he's on, or he's painting the same thing every time.
                What do you mean how? He just did.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
                  Same episode everytime, I believe Bob Ross has been dead for over 10 years. Sorry, I know this is way off topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralf View Post
                    That guy does an amazing job with those comparison photos.
                    That gal does an amazing job!

Comment

• The infield grass is making a cameo appearance today. Not too much visible work going on these days, they must be focusing on finishing the interior during the winter... but it looks like the rest of the field level seats on the LF side should be installed soon (that area is only visible on camera 2)

Comment

• http://www.jdland.com/dc/stadium.cfm?tab=no3

Comment

• Comment

• Those pictures are a few months old already, but yeah, jdland is very good.

Comment

Those pictures are a few months old already, but yeah, jdland is very good.
                              Oh, well I tried. I really like the brick word they did on the backstop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Ryan View Post
                                Oh, well I tried. I really like the brick word they did on the backstop.

I dont see any words in the bricks......................

..................oh wait, he means brick work. My bad.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X