Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marlins739
    replied
    Looks like they need to drop the price on the second deck above the right field bullpen. Too bad the Nats are too bad to draw well just yet, this is a nice looking ballpark

Leave a comment:

• elpablo302
    replied
    Quick panorama from last July...any differences yet?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• The Old Ballpark
    replied
    http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...nationals+park

Hey, here's a thread on Nationals Park with over a thousand posts.

Why not use it instead of starting a new thread? The search function is just not that tough to utilize.

And I see we are there now. Thanks Mods!
    Last edited by The Old Ballpark; 06-05-2009, 04:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gleason2
    replied
    Nationals Park is a very nice stadium. It's a huge upgrade over RFK, of course. Many of us here in the DC area went up to Baltimore for years, and I've been to OPACY many times. Now I only go up there when the Nats play the O's. A common debate is which stadium is better (OPACY v. Nats Park). My feeling is that Camden Yards is aesthetically superior. It is just a beautiful place. But, I also think that Nats Park is the better stadium for actually watching the game. It's a win-win, though, because both ballparks are great.

Leave a comment:

• Seattle1
    replied
    Washington Nationals stadium

I like the look of the gray stonework in the wall behind the plate in the Washington Nationals new stadium. That is unique.

Leave a comment:

• tomkaz
    replied
    civil engineering magazine article on the new nationals ballpark...

http://pubs.asce.org/magazines/CEMag...8/article1.htm
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Judge Smails
    replied
    Panoramic I took 2 weeks ago.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bigworm_122
    replied
    i noticed the new camera angle soooo much better

Leave a comment:

• THINK BLUE
    replied
    i like the gray stone back stop but to me everything would look so much better if the green padding was a dark navy

Leave a comment:

• Greg B.
    replied
    Watching the Nats home opener today I noted a couple of minor things. The Red Porch has been renovated and rollup doors have been added on the opposite side so that it can be open on both sides on nice days. MASN has also relocated its high home plate camera to a more conventional angle, eliminating the ridiculously high perch it was on previously.

Leave a comment:

• Smirkman
    replied
    The nats320 blog had pics of the statue unveiling yesterday. It looks like the blossoms will come out for Opening Day.

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    I'm sure some pictures will be floating around when the Nationals come home.

Leave a comment:

• hofflalu
    replied
    Any sign of the cherry blossoms beyond left field? (I don't believe we had any last season at this time since the trees had just been planted.)

Leave a comment:

• machpost
    replied
    Originally posted by spark240 View Post
    As for the scoreboard/screen, I find it way too dominating if I'm in a seat which faces directly toward it. I don't really like any of the sections in the home plate to third base arc for this reason.
    That was probably my biggest gripe. When I sat on the third base side, I would often catch myself still watching the screen after a replay, just long enough to miss the start of the next at-bat. I preferred the seats on the first base side for that reason. I also really enjoy all of the places along the concourse where fans can lean along the railings and watch the game for a little while. I believe there are now more ledges along these railings, so you can enjoy your food and drink there more easily.

As for things to do around the neighborhood, unfortunately it doesn't sound like that's going to change much anytime soon. Somewhere I read a rumor that Gordon Biersch will be opening a brew pub at 55 M St., SE, which is the building over top the Navy Yard Metro entrance near the ballpark, but I have no idea when that's going to happen. And Dogfish Head out of Delaware has shown interest in opening a brew pub in the old boilermaker's shop building a couple blocks east of the ballpark, but I don't think that will be happening until 2010 at the earliest.

I think a big, sprawling bar/restaurant near Nationals Park, kind of like Hockeytown Cafe over by Comerica Park, would be an instant success. Hopefully it happens before too long. All of the bars and restaurants near the Verizon Center are jam packed before and after Caps games.
    Last edited by machpost; 02-25-2009, 11:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pere
    replied
    nevermind...
    Last edited by Pere; 02-18-2009, 03:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X