Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nationals Park

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Nationals" sign installed. From jdland.



    Comment


    • Check out the webcam -> http://clarkconstruction.oxblue.com/clarkhuntsmoot/

      Second Can, Date 17th at 5:00 AM in the morning

      Comment


      • Originally posted by RichardK View Post
        Check out the webcam -> http://clarkconstruction.oxblue.com/clarkhuntsmoot/

        Second Can, Date 17th at 5:00 AM in the morning

        and wha are we looking for in that pic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bigworm_122 View Post
          and wha are we looking for in that pic
          Lights. . .

          Comment


          • Those lights have been on a lot for the past few months, though I've yet to see them turn on any of the lights aside from that one strip in RF.

            Comment


            • Comment


              • This one is very recent:

                Comment


                • Where's that picture from? Wow, fisheye lens or not, the upper deck is a mile away.

                  BTW the Press Box webcam is finally back up after almost a two week absence.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by nymdan9 View Post
                    Where's that picture from? Wow, fisheye lens or not, the upper deck is a mile away.
                    I'm guessing it's from the top of the press box, which is indeed a mile away.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by machpost View Post
                      I'm guessing it's from the top of the press box, which is indeed a mile away.
                      Sorry, I meant the source of the photo, not where the picture taken.

                      Here's a good article about the status of the ballpark. It will be ready in time for Opening Day, but there might be some finishing touches done after the season starts, such as final coats of paint and things like that.
                      http://washingtontimes.com/article/2...03/1005/SPORTS

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by nymdan9 View Post
                        Where's that picture from? Wow, fisheye lens or not, the upper deck is a mile away.

                        BTW the Press Box webcam is finally back up after almost a two week absence.

                        Yea that looks like the biggest open lower bowl ive ever seen before there is an overhang. Those upper decks look the furthest away from any other park

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nymdan9 View Post
                          Sorry, I meant the source of the photo, not where the picture taken.

                          Here's a good article about the status of the ballpark. It will be ready in time for Opening Day, but there might be some finishing touches done after the season starts, such as final coats of paint and things like that.
                          http://washingtontimes.com/article/2...03/1005/SPORTS
                          I think I grabbed the photo from the article that you've linked to, actually. Since it isn't credited there, I'd assume it's either an AP or Washington Times photo.

                          Comment


                          • They've been testing the new scoreboard over the last 24 hours...


                            I hope those aren't dead panels

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DonDownUnder View Post
                              I predict the new park will pull in around 3 million next year. But as was the case with Camden Yards, after the newness of the stadium wears off, the crouds will get smaller UNLESS the team gets better.
                              True, although Washington will always have the benefit of the large transplant populations, no matter how good or bad the Nats themselves are. I would venture a guess that no other MLB park can so reliably count on a contingent of visiting-team fans for ANY game they play. It's not just the Philly and New York fans coming down, as they do to Baltimore... even Western teams like the Mariners and Giants had visible presence in the stands at RFK when I was there (and those teams weren't playing well those seasons, either).

                              Originally posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
                              Those steel workers are crazy. I still don't like the overall look of the park, but I appreciate the construction workers involved.
                              I hope the Nationals organization does right by the guys on the job and passes out some free tickets to them. I've worked on some venue construction projects, and I will always remember who made the gesture and who didn't... one more reason to dislike the VT Hokies...
                              Last edited by Pere; 01-28-2008, 11:50 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by machpost View Post
                                They've been testing the new scoreboard over the last 24 hours...

                                Does anyone else think that the seating arrangement over there in the lower right is just a little bit odd? I mean, it looks like you are going to have people sitting just a few feet from each other facing 2 different ways, doesn't it? Wouldn't it have been better to just point that little section of seats in the same direction as the ones in the bleacher section??

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X