Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mets16
    replied
    Very appalled at the organization. Went to DC two weekends ago... saw a Wizards gm... stayed over, then I saw the Stadium so I figured we tour it. Me and my buddy looked for tickets saw they were on sale at the stadium for that day, drove down to the kiosk to see they don't exist. Walked the perimeter of the place to realize nobody was there... Needless to say.. I don't think I'll go there agin.

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    Originally posted by droozer View Post
    But why would they be tarped off and not the rest? That just doesn't seem very likely
    Because those seats are padded.

Leave a comment:

• droozer
    replied
    Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I think they may be tarped off
    But why would they be tarped off and not the rest? That just doesn't seem very likely

Leave a comment:

• GordonGecko
    replied
    Originally posted by droozer View Post
    Is it just me or did the change the Red Porch seats to being white? I now welcome you to the White Porch!
    I think they may be tarped off

Leave a comment:

• droozer
    replied
    Is it just me or did the change the Red Porch seats to being white? I now welcome you to the White Porch!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• coasterbill
    replied
    lol
    Look at the signs on the parking garage in left field.
    They can't even sell ads for a new stadium.

Leave a comment:

• GordonGecko
    replied
    Originally posted by met_dream View Post
    I think that "W" logo in rightfield is really sharp the way it floats like that.
    Shouldn't they change that to "O" now?

Leave a comment:

• met_dream
    replied
    I think that "W" logo in rightfield is really sharp the way it floats like that.

Leave a comment:

• homerunwes
    replied
    I'm starting a mini of Busch II and you mentioned getting plans or cutaway views of the cantilever decks. What website would have something like that for me to view?

Leave a comment:

• Pere
    replied
    Originally posted by BaseballinDC View Post
    You haven't sat in some of the older stadiums. The WORST seats in Nationals Park are far better than MANY of the seats even in Camden.
    I've been to Camden Yards plenty of times, and I've commented on this site about the problems with some of its seating sections. Overall I still like it better.

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    Looks like the Red Porch will be expanded, along with a few other changes at Nationals Park this year: http://www.jdland.com/dc/index.cfm?id=2854

Leave a comment:

• BaseballinDC
    replied
    Originally posted by spark240 View Post
    My own feeling is that the uppermost level is like the uppermost level at Comerica--just too far away. You may have a good "sight line," in some sections anyway, but the game will be a game of ants far below. I don't feel engaged with the game from way up there.

As for the scoreboard/screen, I find it way too dominating if I'm in a seat which faces directly toward it. I don't really like any of the sections in the home plate to third base arc for this reason.
    You haven't sat in some of the older stadiums. The WORST seats in Nationals Park are far better than MANY of the seats even in Camden.

Leave a comment:

• BaseballinDC
    replied
    Originally posted by DaBigMotor View Post
    That is a NICE ballpark!

I'm happy for DC fans that they have something that they can be proud of (the stadium, anyway.) Damn shame that a city so richly deserving ever had to wait 34 years for baseball to return. Inexcusible.
    It IS a nice ball park, and as a Nationals and Tigers fan (I live in the DC area but was born and raised in Detroit and still love to get back), I'd note it shares some common design elements with Comerica Park in Detroit, namely the wide walkways, ability to see the game from all vantages, etc.

I particularly love the Tiger Den seats. I'd much rather sit outside in one of these sections than the clubs.

Leave a comment:

• bigworm_122
    replied
    Originally posted by BillNY08 View Post
    Yup May 25th!! I was sitting next to the left field foul pole in the front row. The sun was brutal! I'm not a Nats or brewers fan really but I wanted to fly down from Albany and check out that park and Baltimore. The one thing that suprised me is that outside the stadium there is vertually NOTHING to do! It's built in an area where there are alot of government office buildings and older building I beleive are being knocked down... Ive been to about 10 MLB stadiums and this is by far the worst experience for things to do close to the park.
    i was at that game as well. i was on field level section 133, i got really burned that day from the sun. we actually had to move to right field under the overhang half way thru

Leave a comment:

• BillNY08
    replied
    It's a shame that the team with the newest ballpark in baseball (for now anyways) is also the team with the worst record... they better hope Tiexera takes thier offer and signs with them... sign one big star and more will surely follow... i.e. the Tigers a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X