X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MetsfanGA
    replied
    Originally posted by Yoda View Post
    In some of the shots you can see the tops of the concessions stands and it looks like there's planted grass or something on the roof.

Is this so or am I crazy
    no i see it too, why would they put grass on top of the concessions stands anyway?

Leave a comment:

• stlfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Yoda View Post
    In some of the shots you can see the tops of the concessions stands and it looks like there's planted grass or something on the roof.

Is this so or am I crazy
    You aren't crazy. I saw it too. It's a "green" roof.

Leave a comment:

• Aviator_Frank
    replied
    Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
    Funny, I wasn't even thinking of opposing players ! Ha ! I was thinking of the vebal abuse for the future Rojas's, Benitez's, Mota's & Hielman's. Don't think anybody will die, but someone may crack and start crying some day !
    The way the Mets bullpen has performed lately, they're probably safer in Philadelphia's pen than at Shea's.

Leave a comment:

• Yoda
    replied

Is this so or am I crazy

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    Funny, I wasn't even thinking of opposing players ! Ha ! I was thinking of the vebal abuse for the future Rojas's, Benitez's, Mota's & Hielman's. Don't think anybody will die, but someone may crack and start crying some day !
    I'm sure it'll be like Philly, with the visitor's bullpen closest to the fans.

Leave a comment:

• MetsfanGA
    replied
    [/QUOTE]Do any other parks have a bench right in the front of the dugout like this?[/QUOTE]

Dodger stadium has one like that too

Leave a comment:

• skobabe8
    replied
    Originally posted by nymdan View Post

Do any other parks have a bench right in the front of the dugout like this?
    US Cellular Field does, too. The home dugout has a bench with a back, the visitors dugout has a bench w/o a back.

Leave a comment:

• whoisonit
    replied
    The bullpen at Citi will just be close/accessible, so, we'll see. It's like that in Philly, and well, no opposing player has died yet, so I guess you can call that a success. And New York fans aren't all that rough on opposing players... it's more about expecting a lot from our own players more than getting on opposing ones.

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    I don't think a 'fan accesable' pen like they have will work too well with the less than subtle fans who'll be at Citi !
    The bullpen at Citi will just be close/accessible, so, we'll see. It's like that in Philly, and well, no opposing player has died yet, so I guess you can call that a success. And New York fans aren't all that rough on opposing players... it's more about expecting a lot from our own players more than getting on opposing ones.

What is the signifigance of the reddish colored inlaid numbers in the walkway leading into the park ?
    Important years in Washington baseball history. Next to each of the red numbers on the ground they have something like this:

Leave a comment:

• whoisonit
    replied
    You did a great job giving us a real feel for the stadium, nymdan. I like the 'Senators Sasages' stand.

I don't think a 'fan accesable' pen like they have will work too well with the less than subtle fans who'll be at Citi !

What is the signifigance of the reddish colored inlaid numbers in the walkway leading into the park ?

Apparently this stuff flowers. Should be interesting looking once it grows in.
    I wonder if this is the same strain of ground cover they planted. White flowering blooms would be a curios choice for a batters eye.

Leave a comment:

• efin98
    replied
    Good call. Just saw on Google that you're right about that, something came up on JDland about it.
    I'll stand corrected on calling it grass as it's not actually grass either, it's an herb that looks similar to grass but acts like your typical flowerbed at home...

But it still looks like your typical grass batter's eye from a distance so it doesn't matter as long as it does it's job...

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    Originally posted by MetsfanGA View Post
    the grass in the batter's eye, not 100% sure, is mondo grass. i heard it somewhere on the internet, and it looks like it, i just don't remember where.
    Good call. Just saw on Google that you're right about that, something came up on JDland about it.

Leave a comment:

• MetsfanGA
    replied
    the grass in the batter's eye, not 100% sure, is mondo grass. i heard it somewhere on the internet, and it looks like it, i just don't remember where.

Leave a comment:

• efin98
    replied
    This is grass? I don't think so, but maybe I'm wrong.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    If you look close it's just like any typical grass segment, it just hasn't spread out yet...and won't really cover the full batter's eye for another month or two.

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    Originally posted by spark240 View Post
    Why?
    I mean they couldn't just push forward the decks as is if they want unobstructed views. They would have to be steeper in addition to being pushed forward.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X