X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nymdan
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
    I didn't even realize that it was a clock until you mentioned it.
    Yeah. I was sitting directly across from the scoreboard and didn't realize it until about the 5th inning. I actually didn't even realize the hands of the clock were bats until Aviator_Frank mentioned it.

Leave a comment:

• JohnCropp
    replied
    Originally posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
    Message to scoreboard designers everywhere: clock hands need to be visible, e.g. white. Never mind the nostalgia of a tan bat.
    I didn't even realize that it was a clock until you mentioned it.

Leave a comment:

• Aviator_Frank
    replied
    Message to scoreboard designers everywhere: clock hands need to be visible, e.g. white. Never mind the nostalgia of a tan bat.

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    I had been wondering what the situation was with the batter's eye. We never saw them roll any sod there, so I figured they planted grass seeds... but it still didn't look like grass on TV and in pictures. Well, here's why... it's not grass. They planted some sort of evergreens there, instead of the grass that was in the renderings.

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied

Gary and Ron got bored by the blowout and had the basketball game on instead

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    Ronnie

What? Why did my ice cream come in a Mariners helmet

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied

Cherry blossom

Washington Monument

Capitol

View from the upper concourse with the splits upper decks... Citi Field will be the same way

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    I went to took a trip down to Washington yesterday for the game between the Mets and Nats. It was great to finally get to see Nationals Park in person after watching it being built.

I took a ton of pictures... here are some to start off with. I'll post some more shots tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• DWright5
    replied
    Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
    Or an entire camera crew, and their family & friends.

During the SNY broadcast, the guy who does the 'around the stadium' remotes, (I always forget his name), was sitting in, and explaining the Center Field Restaurant seats. Was after Santana's double to center. He said the seats were comfortable, food was great, but the view was obstructed. He lost the ball as it neared the wall and was unable to follow it and what Milledge was doing. That's not good. Poor design, in my opinion.

The seats do sound like an ok deal however. They're $67. Of that, $25 is credit towards food or stuff from the team stores. He also added the Nats are considering this plan for every seat in the park.
    Kevin Burkhardt.

Leave a comment:

• Smirkman
    replied
    Originally posted by whoisonit View Post

During the SNY broadcast, the guy who does the 'around the stadium' remotes, (I always forget his name), was sitting in, and explaining the Center Field Restaurant seats. Was after Santana's double to center. He said the seats were comfortable, food was great, but the view was obstructed. He lost the ball as it neared the wall and was unable to follow it and what Milledge was doing. That's not good. Poor design, in my opinion.

The seats do sound like an ok deal however. They're $67. Of that, $25 is credit towards food or stuff from the team stores. He also added the Nats are considering this plan for every seat in the park.
    I have sat there and I don't know what he is talking about unless he is saying he can't see the field directly on the other side of the wall within 5 feet or so. That is the case with every ballpark that doesn't have a see-through fence.

Leave a comment:

• whoisonit
    replied
    They could use of those many empty seats behind the plate to stash a cameraman.

Leave a comment:

• six4three
    replied
    Originally posted by alpineinc View Post
    I'm amazed no one checked on that - noticed it right away during the ESPN opener as well - the camera is ridiculously high and every shot is distorted, or at least very different than what we're all used to watching on TV. I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to move that camera to a lower level.
    The Baseball Tonight anchors mentioned the angle last night during the recap.

Leave a comment:

• Aviator_Frank
    replied
    Originally posted by alpineinc View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to move that camera to a lower level.
    They could use of those many empty seats behind the plate to stash a cameraman.

Leave a comment:

• alpineinc
    replied
    One thing that totally annoyed me about the Met game last night was that behind the plate camera mounted at the top of the stadium. I felt like I was watching games in the upper level reserved at Shea.
    I'm amazed no one checked on that - noticed it right away during the ESPN opener as well - the camera is ridiculously high and every shot is distorted, or at least very different than what we're all used to watching on TV. I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to move that camera to a lower level.

Leave a comment:

• whoisonit
    replied
    I disagree with that strategy. You would think that it would be better to play the field slightly deeper than normal, because it's easier to come in on a ball and keep it in front of you than to have to turn your head or backpedal on a deep fly.
    Agree. Interestingly, Darling said when he was pitching,he perfered his OF's to play in.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X