Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Laser Beam
    replied
    The Nats start a series at home tomorrow (July 3). There's nothing on their website about a postponement, so can we assume that Nats Park has electricity? A lot of people in the DC area don't, because of the storms.

Leave a comment:

• mdseverin
    replied
    Originally posted by chip View Post
    When did they paint the pressbox blue?
    I just noticed that its not red anymore.
    August 2010

Leave a comment:

• chip
    replied
    When did they paint the pressbox blue?
    I just noticed that its not red anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Dude Paskert
    replied
    Of the "new" parks I've visited, I like Nats park the best. Just taking the park itself into consideration, ignoring the surrounding neighborhood. Visited it with friends a couple of years ago and just loved the place, hope to be back again in the next few years.

Leave a comment:

• machpost
    replied
    Originally posted by RfkFedEx View Post
    Firday night was about 50/50, the highest ratio of Nats to Phils I've ever seen here in DC. It's usually about 70/30 Phils over Nats. Saturday was 60/40 during the Caps home playoff game. Sunday night looked to be the normal 70/30.

Regardless, Washington will never be a baseball town. I have this debate with friends all the time. Even if the Nats start winning 100 games a year and make the playoffs year in and year out, there will rarely be more than 15k at the park on typical week nights.
    So far this season, attendance has been up 28%. Weeknight games are much better attended than in the past, and most of the weekend series games have sold out or have come very close.

I think we can look at the Capitals' success as an indicator of what the Nationals can expect if the team stays good. A decade ago, the Verizon Center was often 2/3 empty for an average Caps game, but now that they've been consistently good, not only is it pretty hard to get a ticket, but the fans are REALLY into the game. I think we're starting to see this happen with the Nats. The fans at Nationals Park are a LOT louder than they were a few years ago.

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...8hnV_blog.html

Leave a comment:

• machpost
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
    Do the Nationals erect temporary netting along the stands down the lines?

Do you see the two poles on the edge of the stands along the third base 'bump out'? Looks like temporary poles to hold screens.
    They put up temporary netting to protect spectators during batting practice, and then take it down before the start of the game.

Leave a comment:

• Matt The Hammer
    replied
    Originally posted by DN4L View Post
    Do the Nationals erect temporary netting along the stands down the lines?

Do you see the two poles on the edge of the stands along the third base 'bump out'? Looks like temporary poles to hold screens.

Leave a comment:

• KurtDman24
    replied
    Originally posted by DN4L View Post
    Why thank you, 7thinstretch..
    I second that. Outstanding job.

Leave a comment:

• BiZmaRK
    replied
    My photos of Nationals Park
    http://www.pbase.com/trut_maluglist/nationals_park

Leave a comment:

• The Old Ballpark
    replied
    One need only travel a mile north of Nationals Park to RFK Stadium to see a substantial roof over the upper deck totally without poles.

Leave a comment:

• RfkFedEx
    replied
    Nobody outside of Seattle is going to build a roof that large today. Sadly there's just not enough immediate return on the investment. The Euros take a different approach when considering the long term value of fan comfort and functioning architecture. Don't get me wrong, I like most of our designs better, but the loss of roofs is a bummer to those who like shade. People like me.

Leave a comment:

• jnakamura
    replied
    Originally posted by chip View Post
    I wish it had a bigger roof…………..

Do you think we will ever see this again?
    God, I hope not. This is the 21st century. You don't need columns anymore for a large roof.

6978744476_30ca7b906e_b.jpg

Leave a comment:

• chip
    replied
    I wish it had a bigger roof…………..

Do you think we will ever see this again?
    Last edited by chip; 06-21-2012, 01:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chip
    replied
    Does that lower deck have the most rows of any ballpark?
    If you sit in the front row I hope you don’t have a weak bladder.
    Last edited by chip; 06-21-2012, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LI METS FAN
    replied
    nice photos DN4L. Nats Park looks almost identical to Yankee Stadium in the infield area and the upper concourses.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X