Nationals Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://clarkconstruction.oxblue.com/clarkhuntsmoot/

I love this webcam, these days with the seats being installed, if you look at it every few hours, there's noticable progress each time you look... hundreds of seats more every few hours.

It's really too bad there's not one for Citi Field or Yankee Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtime39 View Post
      Making Metro Subsidy Park...er, Nationals Field, so dependent on a) rich people, and b) the Metro, is a boondoggle of massive proportions. This isn't New York, and this parks target audience isn't going to want to be stuffed into a metal tube with a bunch of strangers on their way to and from games.
      Who designed this thing...Peter Angelos?
      I remember the early '90s when Baltimorians complained about the location of Camden Yards. Where was everyone going to park? This wasn't a problem back then and with the sparce crowds it certainly isn't now. The Nationals park will easily handle transportation after Opening Day. I fear that day will be a fiasco, but I will still be there. For how long after the game, I have no idea.

Comment

Nationals Park

Let's see, 81 home dates, around 40,000 per game. I predict the new park will pull in around 3 million next year. But as was the case with Camden Yards, after the newness of the stadium wears off, the crouds will get smaller UNLESS the team gets better.

I believe the Nationals owners are well aware of this and are dedicated to making sure the team does become a contender. Washington supports winning pro-teams as well as any city. And if a loyalty to the team developes as it did for the Redskins way back when, the team will do fine.

Even though the new stadium does seem overly dedicated to the rich and powerful, I still think it will provide a great viewing experience for we commoners. I refuse to get negative on the whole ballpark until I've had a chance to see some games there. The super rich don't bother me; I just ignore them. What makes ME go to the game is my love of the GAME.

Comment

Some great pictures from today's "topping out" ceremony, which signaled the last steel beam being installed... pictures include the foul pole, which was put in place over the past week.

http://www.jdland.com/dc/stadium-toppingout-070711.cfm

Also check out this page, where there are 3D renderings of the view from every part of the stadium.
          http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/...g/seats_3d.jsp

Comment

I still don't see how they're going to get anybody to pay nearly $40 for a bleacher seat behind the bullpens for a team as crappy as Washington. At Dodger Stadium it's cheaper AND you get an all-you-can-eat buffet. :noidea

Comment

Some great pictures of the inside of the stadium posted here:
              http://www.jdland.com/dc/stadium.cfm?tab=no3

Comment

Originally posted by nymfan9 View Post
                Some great pictures of the inside of the stadium posted here:
                http://www.jdland.com/dc/stadium.cfm?tab=no3
                Thanks for that! That ballpark will have the highest pressbox in MLB BTW.

Comment

The tour looked okay, and then they started talking about their suites. I knew it'd be catered more to the upper demographic, because it's DC, but putting every single luxury suite in a place where people who actually care about the game love to sit? Ridiculous. I do like the entrances and concourses, if they actually build them the way the tour depicts. The dimensions look just about exactly like Camden Yards, though.

Comment

Looking at those pictures makes me not hate the design as much as I used to. It looks like you get really good views from all around. The seating decks from the first base split out into right field look good. I still think its stupid to have a majority of the upper deck (i.e. affordable seating) behind homeplate be taken up by press level, but I guess that allows for the upper deck not to be way high up from field level. I also think they could have designed a better architectual skin to the ballpark. Something that looks more D.C. That's one thing I love about Busch III is that the team took into consideration to reflect the architecture and style of St. Louis.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis View Post
                      Thanks for that! That ballpark will have the highest pressbox in MLB BTW.
                      Doesn't look that much higher than the one in Pittsburgh...

Comment

Doesn't look that much higher than the one in Pittsburgh...

Pittsburgh's is 88 ft high. looking at the actual photos of the new DC stadium, it seems higher than that. I can't believe that this stadium's upper deck is lower than PNC Park. Could be wrong though.

Last edited by Elvis; 09-02-2007, 07:00 PM.

Comment

I got a name for the place K-Street Park! it is a lobbyist dream! All they talked about was the suites! the field was boreing and gernaric as well as the whole design of the stadium. They didn't talk about any of the seats for regular fans (well bearly). I usally try to keep an open mind and try to accept New ball parks but this one sucks it is horrible! It's perfect for the current political climate of washington:dismay: :grouchy
                          39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
                          2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15 16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

Nats take BP at new ballpark

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Comment

According to jdland.com, it looks like this place is going to open without a corporate name, and will be temporarily called Nationals Park.

I understand that the Nationals don't want to rush into anything, but waiting on this does hurt the future corporate sponsor, as many people will probably still call the place "Nationals Park" after it has been renamed.

Comment

According to jdland.com, it looks like this place is going to open without a corporate name, and will be temporarily called Nationals Park.
                                The word in bold is the key word. It won't last long with a real stadium name, no ballpark really does these days. *fake :applaud: *
                                My Top 4 funniest BBF posts ever:

1) "plZ dOn;t' pOsT LikE tHIs n e mOr!"

2) "The teams play 1962 games in 180 days."

3) "Stadiums don't move silly, people do."

4) "Once again you quibble, because it is I who speaks."

5) Almost anything RuthMayBond says...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X