Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finch5682
    replied
    st. louis has one of the best settings in baseball w the skyline and gateway arch in view. one of my faves.. anyways.

looks like the last big ad on the scoreboard goes to miller lite. i was wondering what the heck that was gonna be. nice to see the flags up too.

Leave a comment:

• stlfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
    I look at places like the new busch stadium and I feel like they just made a baseball field instead of adding cool little nitches like the apple at shea and the slide at miller park.
    Because we don't need stupid, unessecary gimicks. We just want a nice setting to WATCH A BASEBALL GAME.

Leave a comment:

• bigworm_122
    replied
    the american flag has been raised

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    I look at places like the new busch stadium and I feel like they just made a baseball field instead of adding cool little nitches like the apple at shea and the slide at miller park.

Leave a comment:

• Pere
    replied
    I'm so glad that they aren't doing the typical serious feel like most old style new stadiums!
    What "serious feel" are you talking about?

Leave a comment:

• efin98
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    Baseball is supposed to be fun, and professional sports is supposed to be entertainment...
    And it's being marketed towards more and more families so stuff like that adds some amusement for people of all ages...

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    Between the scoreboard and the big baseball it has a carnival feel. I'm so glad that they aren't doing the typical serious feel like most old style new stadiums!
    Baseball is supposed to be fun, and professional sports is supposed to be entertainment...

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Between the scoreboard and the big baseball it has a carnival feel. I'm so glad that they aren't doing the typical serious feel like most old style new stadiums!

Leave a comment:

• efin98
    replied
    Originally posted by Kentucky Bomber View Post
    They look very nice blooming in all the visualizations that the Nationals have posted, but the cherry trees in Washington only bloom for about a week or two in the last week of March, first week of April. The rest of the year they're just regular trees. And this year, having just been planted, they might not bloom at all if they've been disturbed.
    Oh well, they are a welcome sight and when they are turning colors in the fall will be a nice sight to look at during the first part of the seasons.

It's better than some cheap advertisement gimmick or regular old billboard mounted back there...

Leave a comment:

• Kentucky Bomber
    replied
    Originally posted by Twins91871977 View Post
    I like the cherry trees in the outfield.
    They look very nice blooming in all the visualizations that the Nationals have posted, but the cherry trees in Washington only bloom for about a week or two in the last week of March, first week of April. The rest of the year they're just regular trees. And this year, having just been planted, they might not bloom at all if they've been disturbed.

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    They're installing what looks to be an LED ribbon board on top of the Red Porch. I wonder if they're putting the baseball up there after all.

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    Originally posted by BeatEmBucs View Post
    While I don't expect much to be done in the Navy Yard area of DC where they're putting this park, what happened around PNC and Camden Yards gives the city planners and developers hope.
    Actually, not to be picky, but the area around Camden Yards was already in pretty decent shape in 1992 when Oriole Park opened.

Downtown Baltimore really begun its renaissance in 1980, when the Harborplace shopping mall opened up, and a year later in 1981, when the National Aquarium opened. By 1992, the downtown area was already a pretty active place.

Oriole Park did, however, add fuel to the fire and helped liven up downtown even more--look to the blocks across the street and see how multiple bars and restaraunts have taken hold in old rowhouses.

So Camden Yards didn't revitalize downtown Baltimore on its own, but it did further the improvement that had been in place for several years prior to the new ballpark.

Leave a comment:

• Twins91871977
    replied
    I like the cherry trees in the outfield.
    Last edited by Twins91871977; 03-15-2008, 08:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BeatEmBucs
    replied
    Originally posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    2. Development around PNC is the exception, not the rule. More often than not, a stadium fails to attract new development.
    Bingo. What surprised me is that it was almost as if the city "discovered" a new area of the north side after PNC was built, that they completely ignored 30 years before when 3 rivers was built in the same area. I'm guessing the city learned from the "failures" of 3 Rivers the 2nd time around. While I don't expect much to be done in the Navy Yard area of DC where they're putting this park, what happened around PNC and Camden Yards gives the city planners and developers hope.

Leave a comment:

• grandslamsingle
    replied
    Originally posted by nymdan View Post
    Gray's Papaya would disagree with you... :-D
    Those signs have been there for at least 20 years. Gray's Papaya's economic team is pretty gloomy!

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X