• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lafferty Daniel
    replied
    Originally posted by wvkeeper View Post
    1) There is no recession.

2) The area around PNC Park is actually growing...
    1. We are in a recession

2. Development around PNC is the exception, not the rule. More often than not, a stadium fails to attract new development.

Leave a comment:

• MetsfanGA
    replied
    wvkeeper are you crazy we are in a recession
    and the only reason the area around a ballpark is growing is because buisnesses think they will get more money if they are around a ballpark or any place that brings in money

Leave a comment:

• Lafferty Daniel
    replied
    Originally posted by stlfan View Post
    Any new park is going to have the kinks worked out and after feedback, owners know what changes need to be made. People here in STL griped about the out of town scoreboard at Busch III when it opened and they fixed that. In the first offseason they made changes based on fan requests, etc., like an additional escelator. People shouldn't expect new ballparks to be perfect. Until the fans come in and observe these everyday things, it's hard to say what needs to be teaked to fit the fans needs.
    I have a feeling that 'built on the fly' park will have more kinks compared to your general new ballpark. It's not a good sign when your new owners admit to design flaws.

Leave a comment:

• wvkeeper
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean O View Post
    And development didn't happen around the Rangers park either after it was guaranteed. It didn't happen at US Cellular, or Atlanta, or CBP, or a host of other parks. Building a new park as we enter a recession is not necessarily going to do anything for the city.
    1) There is no recession.

2) The area around PNC Park is actually growing...

Leave a comment:

• stlfan
    replied
    Any new park is going to have the kinks worked out and after feedback, owners know what changes need to be made. People here in STL griped about the out of town scoreboard at Busch III when it opened and they fixed that. In the first offseason they made changes based on fan requests, etc., like an additional escelator. People shouldn't expect new ballparks to be perfect. Until the fans come in and observe these everyday things, it's hard to say what needs to be teaked to fit the fans needs.

Leave a comment:

• btown12
    replied
    I'm sure they're just working out the kinks now (though I do agree with the previous posts).

I know when Citizens Bank Park first opened the count/linescore/stats displays were all screwed up and displayed in weird locations. By the second homestand they switched a bunch of things around and continued to tweak throughout the year until they had a good system working (still have some minor gripes with pitch count/speed locations).

Also just noticed the outfield grass pattern...get that dude a bigger mower! He was cutting that grass from like 9am to 2pm. I hope that's just a technique to help the grass otherwise that guy is going to be pretty tired come September, having to walk 132 miles every time they cut the outfield.
    Last edited by btown12; 03-13-2008, 01:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FearlessFreep
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    I don't like the use of the team logos in the linescore. Normal lettering is more readable. You've already got the logos atop the batting order and pitching information (a nice touch, showing the lineup of the team at bat and the pitcher for the opposing team on the other side).

Also don't like the run totals in a black-on-white box. Why not leave it white-on-black like the rest of the linescore?
    Agree with both points. I do however like that the current half-inning is in yellow.

I think current ball and strike counts for the pitcher would be better than the largely static season-long stats though.
    Last edited by FearlessFreep; 03-13-2008, 10:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    I don't like the use of the team logos in the linescore. Normal lettering is more readable. You've already got the logos atop the batting order and pitching information (a nice touch, showing the lineup of the team at bat and the pitcher for the opposing team on the other side).

Also don't like the run totals in a black-on-white box. Why not leave it white-on-black like the rest of the linescore?

Leave a comment:

• FearlessFreep
    replied
    Originally posted by BeatEmBucs View Post
    Dimitri looks pale in that picture
    And much thinner than in real life. He's tipping the scales at 290 large right now.

Leave a comment:

• bigworm_122
    replied
    yeah but the score was 5 - 4 nationals after nine....so why did they play a tenth ........ :noidea ha ha

Leave a comment:

• baseballman1243
    replied
    Yea but here, the Nationals won. lol

Leave a comment:

• alpineinc
    replied
    Originally posted by nymdan View Post
    Scoreboard testing...

Johan with a 15-4 record, 2.40 ERA - and bringing a 100 mph fastball! Can't wait for the Mets season to start!

Maybe Johan shouldn't be pitching the TENTH inning though...
    baseball_cool.gif

Leave a comment:

• bigtime39
    replied
    Originally posted by bigworm_122 View Post
    look at the scoreboard, the red square at the bottom right of the scoreboard, look to the right of that. it is big, can't miss it
    Thanks. I found it after zooming the living daylights out of the Press Box camera image. It's not nearly as obnoxious as I thought it would be...

I don't know if this will change when games are played, but it looks like they're using the narrow mowers in the outfield. That's a pattern I don't recall seeing previously.

Leave a comment:

• BeatEmBucs
    replied
    Dimitri looks pale in that picture

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    Scoreboard testing...

Looks like the Nats beat Johan.

And Dmitri Young is a white guy on the Braves.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X