Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigworm_122
    replied
    got my tix for 5/25 vs. the brewers, can't wait to get inside this stadium which i have seen grow up.

Leave a comment:

• Kentucky Bomber
    replied
    Considering the political nonsense they went through and the hurry up building process, they've done a very nice job. A pretty place. Now let's see how it plays.

Leave a comment:

• FearlessFreep
    replied
    Home plate has arrived from RFK in a schmoozy ceremony in which the scoreboard was demonstrated:

Leave a comment:

• GordonGecko
    replied
    Got Tickets!!

Left Field Box 106, was able to get a pair for the 3/30 Home Opener in Washington. Didn't think I would get through online but I did. Those $39 seats are no less than $175 on StubHub - Crazy. Looking forward to the game!

Leave a comment:

• FearlessFreep
    replied
    Originally posted by Smirkman View Post
    Neither. Those seats are too expensive. I won't buy them if they are available and it is hard to justify for a business. A friend of mine (who co-owns his business) rejected the $300 seats in favor of the $150 seats. I'm sure the economics will catch up to the prices, but it may be a year or two before they are completely sold out to season ticket holders. I wouldn't expect to see a jump in seat prices for a few years when the Nats contend for the pennant.
    Agree with this sentiment. These are corporate seats mainly for schmoozing clients and they'll go slowly at first, but I think they'll end up being sold. If it's one thing that this town has a lot of, it's money.

And winning will help solve any woes. Once this team starts to win consistently then the seats will be filled. And with the young talent they seem to be stockpiling, that seems likely.

Happy with my $17 seats.

Leave a comment:

• Pere
    replied
    Originally posted by tomato View Post
    They actually were not ordered to be named the Lake Monsters.
    Sorry, I was ambiguous in my phrasing. I didn't mean that the Nats ownership wanted specifically the "Lake Monsters" name, but simply that the Nats did order the team to drop the "Expos." This is what I was told by a Vermonter who is acquainted with the team there.

If I were running the Nats, I would not only be hanging up retired Expo numbers, I'd have a museum of Montreal Expos history inside the DC ballpark, and I'd request that the Vermont Expos keep that name as long as they were in the organization. This would have given the Nats a farm system that included "Expos" in Vermont, "Nationals" in Virginia, and "Senators" in Pennsylvania, which I think would have been stylish.

As I suggested elsewhere (Philadelphia A's thread), while Montreal Expos history does belong to Montreal and Expos fans, the classy gesture for a relocated franchise is to also pay tribute to it in the new city.
    Last edited by Pere; 03-04-2008, 05:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Smirkman
    replied
    Originally posted by bigtime39 View Post
    Sorry about the crude photoshop work, but if I was a Nationals fan, I don't know if I would be excited that the high roller seats behind home plate did not sell out to season-ticket purchasers, or worried.
    Neither. Those seats are too expensive. I won't buy them if they are available and it is hard to justify for a business. A friend of mine (who co-owns his business) rejected the $300 seats in favor of the $150 seats. I'm sure the economics will catch up to the prices, but it may be a year or two before they are completely sold out to season ticket holders. I wouldn't expect to see a jump in seat prices for a few years when the Nats contend for the pennant.

How many teams have this amount of high priced tickets? How many outside of NY or LA? Don't forget that Nationals Park has a large amount of suites and the "Red Porch" as well. I am happy with my $60 seats.

Leave a comment:

• reh303
    replied
    Originally posted by skobabe8 View Post
    Why are the walls green? Why cant they be blue?
    Blue, or to a lesser extent red, would have gone with the park MUCH better, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• skobabe8
    replied
    Why are the walls green? Why cant they be blue?

Leave a comment:

• Ralf
    replied
    The upper deck seating looks far away - just like NYS.

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    I wonder when the webcam will be taken offline. It would be cool to see pictures taken while games are going on there.

Leave a comment:

• bigtime39
    replied
    Sorry about the crude photoshop work, but if I was a Nationals fan, I don't know if I would be excited that the high roller seats behind home plate did not sell out to season-ticket purchasers, or worried.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• FearlessFreep
    replied
    Whether you like the look of the park or not, that is one gorgeous sight.

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tomato
    replied
    Originally posted by spark240 View Post
    I think the Nationals organization showed their attitude toward Expos history when they ordered the Vermont Expos (a fantastic minor league operation, from what I've heard, though I've never been to a game there) to become the "Vermont Lake Monsters."
    They actually were not ordered to be named the Lake Monsters. That was from a naming contest that was held in Vermont. They owners wanted a name that would stay in case they changed affiliates. When I lived there they were the Reds, Mariners and then Expos becoming the Nationals (Expos was the best being only an hour from Montreal). The team plays in Centenial Field a 1922 ballpark that is smack in the middle of a neigborhood. Sorry I know a little off subject

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X