Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnCropp
    replied
    Is it more shameful to retire #10 patronizingly for "the Fans" or to unretire the numbers of great players in the franchise's history?

Not that it matters in DC.

The Expos/Nationals are guilty of both.

The Washington Nationals could do alot worse than to have these four men as part of their franchise's history. (Like stealing a team from another country and branding them "the Nationals" for instance).

The stadium looks great, but it would look even better with 8 10 30 42 on the wall.

Leave a comment:

• Smirkman
    replied
    Originally posted by J.R. View Post
    People across the globe will mock this.
    I agree. As a Nats fan I cringed when I saw that.

Leave a comment:

• J.R.
    replied
    Originally posted by bigworm_122 View Post
    that is stupid.

i thought it was something like cleveland, 455 retired for the consecutive sellouts, i thought maybe they were recognizing that they 10 consecutive sellouts.

who do they think they are the seahawks?
    People across the globe will mock this.

Leave a comment:

• bleacherbum73
    replied
    I think they should have a home and home series between the Brooklyn Cyclones and Staten Island Yankees... that would be the best thing to do, because they'll sell out, promote their local minor league teams, and still have the excitement of the first game. Except the problem with that is that the New York Penn league doesn't start in April.[/QUOTE]

In St.Louis before the opening Busch Stadium III in '06 they had an exhibition between the Springfield (Mo.) Cardinals (AA) vs the Memphis Redbirds (AAA). It took place 1 week before the Cards opener and gave the stadium a chance to work out the "kinks" by serving a full house. It was funny seeing a sellout crowd in the stands for about the first 2 innings and the rest of the game the concourses were packed as fans explored the stadium.

Leave a comment:

• bigworm_122
    replied
    Originally posted by tfc3rid View Post
    Nats fans are the '10th Man'
    that is stupid.

i thought it was something like cleveland, 455 retired for the consecutive sellouts, i thought maybe they were recognizing that they 10 consecutive sellouts.

who do they think they are the seahawks?

Leave a comment:

• tfc3rid
    replied
    the image got a little clearer, it says NATS FANS, with the number 10 below. what significance is that?
    Nats fans are the '10th Man'

Leave a comment:

• bigworm_122
    replied
    it is not in nationals colors....it kind of looks like a new york rangers jersey...i don't know... rusty staub & andre dawson wore #10 with expos, and it was retired in there honor, but why would nationals honor them
    the image got a little clearer, it says NATS FANS, with the number 10 below. what significance is that?

Leave a comment:

• bigworm_122
    replied
    Originally posted by finch5682 View Post
    they painted a big #10 and a name above it on a structure in rightfield. is this a retired number? if so who?
    it is not in nationals colors....it kind of looks like a new york rangers jersey...i don't know... rusty staub & andre dawson wore #10 with expos, and it was retired in there honor, but why would nationals honor them

Leave a comment:

• Wahhmbulance
    replied
    Originally posted by nymdan View Post
    I think with Nationals Park, when I go there for the first time (ugh, no weekend series against the Mets this year. I need to go down at some point this year though) I'll feel like I've been there... but with Citi Field, I think I'll actually be able to know my way around and show others around before I've ever stepped foot in the building.

yeah that's fantastic what you've been able to do with the photos. You've really been one of the biggest, if not the biggest contributer for Mets fans and baseball fans in general online to see Citi pretty regularly and admire it's progress. Thanks for that, dan.

Leave a comment:

• finch5682
    replied
    they painted a big #10 and a name above it on a structure in rightfield. is this a retired number? if so who?

Leave a comment:

• Smirkman
    replied
    Originally posted by MJP View Post
    Looks to be a very nice ballpark. However, they are having trouble moving tickets. Stan Katsen says the nats are looking at an 18000 season ticket base.

Trouble in DC.
    How is it trouble when you rank in between the top 10 and 15 franchises?
    Last edited by Smirkman; 03-01-2008, 08:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• machpost
    replied
    Originally posted by Kieff3175 View Post
    What is the fence you can see from the left field camera for?
    I think it might be for access control, pre-game. There is a large plaza behind that fence, and while access to the seating areas begins 1:30 before first pitch, I believe the plan is to open up that plaza area 2 1/2 hours before game time, to allow fans to watch batting practice and to have early access to the team store/restaurants/bars in that area...

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    Originally posted by Wahhmbulance View Post
    nymdan,

how does it feel to see this stadium come to life after watching the webcam all this time? For me it's almost as if i've been there already. Fandom aside, folks like myself and im sure you who aren't Nationals fans can appreciate watching something so immense be built in almost-real time .
    Yeah it's been incredible to see. I just looked to see how long the webcam has been in my favorites folder, and it's been there since September 24, 2006. I've been checking it pretty much every day since then, many days multiple times. On that day, it looked like this:

As much as I wish there would have been a webcam at Citi Field, it's been incredible to see that park go up to, and hopefully one day when I have kids who are Mets fans, I can show them pictures of their ballpark during each stage of construction.

I think with Nationals Park, when I go there for the first time (ugh, no weekend series against the Mets this year. I need to go down at some point this year though) I'll feel like I've been there... but with Citi Field, I think I'll actually be able to know my way around and show others around before I've ever stepped foot in the building.

Leave a comment:

• Wahhmbulance
    replied
    nymdan,

how does it feel to see this stadium come to life after watching the webcam all this time? For me it's almost as if i've been there already. Fandom aside, folks like myself and im sure you who aren't Nationals fans can appreciate watching something so immense be built in almost-real time .

Leave a comment:

• locke40
    replied
    Wow, I really dislike the way that stadium looks.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X