Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nymdan
    replied
    I don't think it's a question of access. Looking at the bottom right of this picture, it looks like the last row of seats is actually on the concourse itself, but even if it wasn't, it would be uncomfortable and unfair to the people sitting in the last row for people to be able to walk right up inches behind them and just stand there watching the game. There has to be some sort of separation.

Leave a comment:

• Kieff3175
    replied
    Yea, i have seen many new stadiums with that maby they dont like standing room people sitting down. At citizens bank park they have these fenced off smoking areas but they are far away from the stands. Maby thats where they keep the roudy fans

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    I think that's just a divider between the concourse and the seating sections

Leave a comment:

• Kieff3175
    replied
    What is the fence you can see from the left field camera for?

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    They've been testing the RF out of town scoreboard for the first time over the past few hours.

A lot of workers in the batter's eye area today. I bet we'll see them put down the turf in that area within the next few days.

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    Originally posted by tfc3rid View Post
    How about if they each play one another...
    The Mets and Yankees? That's sort of anti-climactic to have a big Mets-Yankees exhibition game at Citi and the new Yankee Stadium before Opening Day.

I think they should have a home and home series between the Brooklyn Cyclones and Staten Island Yankees... that would be the best thing to do, because they'll sell out, promote their local minor league teams, and still have the excitement of the first game. Except the problem with that is that the New York Penn league doesn't start in April.

Leave a comment:

• tfc3rid
    replied
    Originally posted by nymdan View Post
    Nice. I was looking on Stubhub earlier to see how much tickets for that game are going for, and they're pretty inexpensive.

I really hope the Mets and Yankees have exhibition games or open houses before the regular season starts in 2009. On different days, preferably.
    How about if they each play one another...

Leave a comment:

• bigworm_122
    replied
    i heard that is what the mets are going to do with all the chop shops

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    The Nats have also been acutely aware of what Mark Lerner calls "obviously two of the world's ugliest garages" that sit beyond left and center field. A few thousand fans in $10 to $17 seats in the upper deck will see spectacular city vistas that include the U.S. Capitol or the Washington Monument. For the fans in the high-priced seats in the lower bowl, those garages were in danger of being their monuments. Not anymore, says Lerner.

"You won't think of them as garages anymore," Lerner vows, because he'll have them covered by Opening Day with league logos, replicas of the "Washington All-Stars" from the right field scoreboard in RFK as well as colorful baseball-themed ads.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...022603704.html

Leave a comment:

• alpineinc
    replied
    Well, many out-of-towners/tourists will help balance that out for the first couple of years, anyway - but it looks like the locals have to step it up. Strange, because they also have a team this year that I wouldn't call boring.

Leave a comment:

• MJP
    replied
    Looks to be a very nice ballpark. However, they are having trouble moving tickets. Stan Katsen says the nats are looking at an 18000 season ticket base.

Trouble in DC.

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    New pictures of the inside areas such as the locker room, suites, etc: http://www.jdland.com/dc/stadium.cfm...&filter=inside

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    Originally posted by nymdan View Post
    It's interesting that they decided to put the team store at the bottom of the parking garage, rather than inside the stadium itself. You'd think it would do a better business if people could visit while they're at the park, rather than before they enter and after they leave.
    Maybe they did it that way to make it easier for people to park and visit the store on days when the Nats aren't at home?

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    Originally posted by bigtime39 View Post
    Looks like I may get to go to the warmup game between the O's and Nats.
    Nice. I was looking on Stubhub earlier to see how much tickets for that game are going for, and they're pretty inexpensive.

I really hope the Mets and Yankees have exhibition games or open houses before the regular season starts in 2009. On different days, preferably.

Leave a comment:

• bigtime39
    replied
    Drove by the Stadium on my way to and from Baltimore today. Headed east on the Southeast-Southwest Freeway, you can see some of the upper part of the stadium. Taking the Howard Road exit off of I-295 southbound, you pass right by the stadium on your way back to the SE-SW freeway. It's RIGHT THERE, and looks very, very DC. At street level (admittedly while driving) much of the facade doesn't say "stadium". It will be interesting to see what it's like inside. Looks like I may get to go to the warmup game between the O's and Nats.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X