Nationals Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
    Message to scoreboard designers everywhere: clock hands need to be visible, e.g. white. Never mind the nostalgia of a tan bat.
    either that or it needs to have a solid background
    http://peterton.myminicity.com/

Comment

• That's easily fixed - Miller Park does something similar with its clock, but they use the primary logo (so it has a solid background) and outline the bats in neon.

Comment

• Originally posted by nymdan View Post
        I'm sure it'll be like Philly, with the visitor's bullpen closest to the fans.
        Yes! It took one exhibition game before the Phils pitchers decided they "couldn't see the scoreboard" from the top bullpen and moved to the lower one......riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. They also moved the railing back a few feet from the edge of the top bullpen after the first year of the park, and there's always 10 security guards out there.

I've stood out there a few times, some of the ribbing is good natured and visting pitchers will play along and interact with the fans. However, when someone like Billy Wags warms up it's a different story (a few choice words to be sure).

Comment

• Originally posted by btown12 View Post
          Yes! It took one exhibition game before the Phils pitchers decided they "couldn't see the scoreboard" from the top bullpen and moved to the lower one......riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. They also moved the railing back a few feet from the edge of the top bullpen after the first year of the park, and there's always 10 security guards out there.

I've stood out there a few times, some of the ribbing is good natured and visting pitchers will play along and interact with the fans. However, when someone like Billy Wags warms up it's a different story (a few choice words to be sure).
          They said that about the scoreboard? I remember reading that Wagner and the other relievers said flat out it would be too distracting to be right there with the fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by xtimx View Post
            very informative article about "green roofs" that i read the other day. check it out.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24056306/
            I never figured that a green roof would be practical on a dinky concession stand.

I'm for it though, looks better than tar or gravel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoda View Post
              I never figured that a green roof would be practical on a dinky concession stand.

I'm for it though, looks better than tar or gravel.
              i guess every little bit helps. i applaud their effort.

Comment

From Flickr... The cherry blossoms bloomed:
                Tying this into the discussion earlier in this thread...I find it ironic that the cherry blossoms are meant to be one of the signature visual elements of the stadium (sure, only for a few days in April, but still), yet because of the height of the camera angle, TV viewers never see them from the oft-used home plate camera.

Comment

• I still think that they should go with the name of Walgreen's Field.. It would be just, so... Fitting. Compliments of the internet..

"...So the winning run is on second base, with two outs, three and two to Mookie Wilson.

Little roller up along first; BEHIND THE BAG! It gets through Buckner!

Here comes Knight and the Mets win it!"

- Vin Scully, Announcer

Comment

• Made my second trip to Nationals Park today (a friend had an extra ticket).
                    Sat in upper deck Section 419 (just past first base), second row. Those seats are high enough that the Plexiglas's "railing" in front of the front row is not an issue. Had a good view of the field, left side ribbon boards, both bullpens and the scoreboards.
                    Now, I am totally, utterly and completely spoiled by my field level seats at Camden Yards, so take the fact that I felt somewhat "distant" from the game for what it's worth. (I also would have to work hard to care less about the Nationals or Pirates.)
                    Concessions on the 400 level are...disappointing. All the DC-centric eateries are downstairs. Upstairs you get your generic stuff. The Papa John's pepperoni pizza ($8) was grossly undercooked, and basically inedible. My soda, however was fresh and properly balanced (not flat, not too sweet, not too carbonated). The hot dog I had later in the game was much smaller than the ones you get from the vendors at Camden Yards, kind of overcooked and dry.
                    That's it for now.
                    4 5 (7) 8 20 22 33 42 (44)

Comment

• Bigtime, is there a Giffords Ice Cream on the Gallery Level? When I was there I wanted to try it and when I waited on line I thought I was waiting for Giffords, but it ended up being regular old Edys.

Comment

• Great before and after gallery on JDland comparing the view from on the field to what was there before
                        http://www.jdland.com/dc/photobrowse...lfo&toward=all

Comment

Great before and after gallery on JDland comparing the view from on the field to what was there before
                          http://www.jdland.com/dc/photobrowse...lfo&toward=all
                          Interesting. Did D.C. use eminant domain to get the land for the Nats?
                          -Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by reh303 View Post
                            Interesting. Did D.C. use eminant domain to get the land for the Nats?
                            Combination of accepted offers and those who held out were subject to eminant domain. A follow-up suit resulted with DC winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smirkman View Post
                              Combination of accepted offers and those who held out were subject to eminant domain. A follow-up suit resulted with DC winning.
                              Big surprise. So, the government gave hundreds of millions of dollars to a private corporation, and then aided in stealing land from its rightful owners (who are also taxpayers). And then, as if that's not enough, the private corporation sued the government because of cost overruns.

There is something seriously wrong with this country.
                              http://www.virtualfenway.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean O View Post
                                Big surprise. So, the government gave hundreds of millions of dollars to a private corporation, and then aided in stealing land from its rightful owners (who are also taxpayers). And then, as if that's not enough, the private corporation sued the government because of cost overruns.

There is something seriously wrong with this country.
                                Blame the Supreme Court, they ruled that it was perfectly legal for them to do it in the first place not long before they actually took the land(separate case, but same impact).
                                Best posts ever:
                                Originally posted by nymdan
                                Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                                Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                                I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X