X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PeteU
    replied
    Originally posted by nymdan View Post
    In the area with the red seats, it looks like the front section is regular seats. What's behind that, where it's more spaced out. Are those picnic tables are something along those lines?
    More or less, I think. I think they are seats with a table in front of them to eat and watch the game.

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    In the area with the red seats, it looks like the front section is regular seats. What's behind that, where it's more spaced out. Are those picnic tables are something along those lines?

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    Originally posted by tfc3rid View Post
    I'm simply impressed that they are calling it Nationals Park... Did they not want or not get any takers on putting a name on it...

I think it looks great and will enjoy visiting when my Mets are in Washington.
    They couldn't get any good offers for this year. They'll have a corporate sponsor in 2009.

Leave a comment:

• tfc3rid
    replied
    I'm simply impressed that they are calling it Nationals Park... Did they not want or not get any takers on putting a name on it...

I think it looks great and will enjoy visiting when my Mets are in Washington.

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    Originally posted by thechefs2003 View Post
    I like those cherry trees in left field, I hope they keep those in the plans.
    I believe they are going in next month.

Unfortunately, the cherry trees are only in bloom a short time (early to mid spring), so for most of the season it will probably just look like regular trees.

Still, a pretty cool touch.

Leave a comment:

• thechefs2003
    replied
    I like those cherry trees in left field, I hope they keep those in the plans.

Leave a comment:

• machpost
    replied
    Originally posted by nymdan View Post
    I wonder if they're still planning on putting a baseball on top of the left center field restaurant.
    Last I heard, that has been scrapped.

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    I wonder if they're still planning on putting a baseball on top of the left center field restaurant.

Leave a comment:

• FearlessFreep
    replied
    Originally posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    I'm still trying to give this ballpark a chance, but man, that scoreboard is really nice. Even with the ads.
    It is a dominant presence in person. Really, really big. Massive is the word I used when I first saw it. The webcam doesn't do it justice.

Leave a comment:

• Lafferty Daniel
    replied
    I'm still trying to give this ballpark a chance, but man, that scoreboard is really nice. Even with the ads.

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    The first advertisement has appeared.

Leave a comment:

• FearlessFreep
    replied
    I went down to the stadium and walked around. I was able to get in on the concourse ever-so-briefly to take a look from the inside. Didn't have a camera and would probably been chased away anyhow.

My first impressions are that the construction webcams are great, but don't do justice as to the feel you get when actually there. The webcams are wide angle and capture a lot of territory, but tend to make things look out of whack.

Everything looks a lot bigger in person. The scoreboard, the stadium, the Capitol Dome and the field. Those complaining that the upper deck is too far away are mistaken. The views will be very good from the upper deck IMO.

OTOH, the stadium does have a small-ish feel to it, which I think is good. It is different than Turner field - in a good way. One thing that gets lost is the fact that the field is actually dug out below street level. You walk in on the main concourse and then down to the field. This makes a huge difference.

The architecture and design does fit in very well with the surrounding neighborhood. In short, it is classic DC. It's certainly not your cookie-cutter red-brick park, and despite being a fan of the retro look, I think this design works very well IMHO. It wouldn't fit in NY or Boston, but for DC it works.

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied
    I think most of the rest of the section signs are up around the stadium. I remember seeing some in the nats320.blogspot.com pictures. But this is different since there is no concourse ceiling to hang the signage from in this area.

I wonder if the out of town scoreboard in RF is at its final size. In the rendering, it's the length of the entire wall there, but they've had it installed for a while now and haven't added to it.

Leave a comment:

• bigworm_122
    replied
    i don't know if anyone noticed but on camera 2, they started putting up the section number signage. they have section 101 up, and the poles are up for the others

Leave a comment:

• Smirkman
    replied
    The surface lets light in and keeps frost off the grass. The Nats were concerned that the roots wouldn't be deep enough after sod installation if the winter was extremely cold. Other than a few days, we have had moderate temps and little snow. BTW - the surface will be removed in early March.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X