X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimmyjimjimz
    replied
    Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
    What is on the field ? Plastic sheeting ?
    I'm guessing it's something to help the grass grow, because there's not much more time till they finally open the place. I'm not really sure what it is, that's just a guess.

Leave a comment:

• whoisonit
    replied
    Originally posted by alpineinc View Post
    Pointed back towards center today, and the red seats can now be seen clearly.
    What is on the field ? Plastic sheeting ?

Leave a comment:

• alpineinc
    replied
    Originally posted by nymdan9 View Post
    Hmm. I think they started installing the red seats in center field, but the press box webcam is now pointed so much towards the right that it's pretty much impossible to see from either webcam.
    Pointed back towards center today, and the red seats can now be seen clearly.

Leave a comment:

• FearlessFreep
    replied
    Scoreboard lettering proclaiming Nationals Park going up today:

http://clarkconstruction.oxblue.com/clarkhuntsmoot/

Leave a comment:

• Wahhmbulance
    replied
    Originally posted by nymdan9 View Post
    Hmm. I think they started installing the red seats in center field, but the press box webcam is now pointed so much towards the right that it's pretty much impossible to see from either webcam.

i really wish the New York teams building stadiums would do something like this, how great would it be to watch citi and nys be built in real time?

Leave a comment:

• nymdan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wahhmbulance
    replied
    Originally posted by Knick9 View Post
    I'm not sweating any bullets, I'm just telling you what I really think about it. A guy's got a right to his own opinion, no matter how many times that opinion is bashed. Seriously, what's up with the arrogance? Do you even care about what you are typing?

Please calm down, man. With all due respect, you are the one who is blowing a valve.

I believe in the following:

- The large lower level seating is a no-no. It is bad. It sends a message that the upper deck seating means absolutely nothing anymore. I happen to say "not so fast." If planned right and actually done right, improved upper deck seating would improve the overall quality of the new HOK ballparks. It is a fact that the quality of the upper deck seating in the new HOK ballparks have been sacrificed in order to improve the suite seats and the press box seats. The Nats new ballpark is textbook of this if you look at the pictures. So many things are sacrificed in order to have better suites and better press boxes, and the upper deck is almost non-existent and irrelevant.

- The structure couldn't have been any more dull. I still say, to this day, that the outside looks like a glorified post office and conventional center hybrid. Nothing sticks out. Nothing looks revolutionary. It looks bland. Period. I even saw in one picture that the ticket office looked like the outside of an old-school style jail. Pretty heartwarming and welcoming, don't you think?

Am I concerned about it? Yeah, you bet. Am I stomping-my-feet-and-jump-up-and-down-tearing-my-hair-out angry? No.

After this post is made, I promise Sean and the moderators that I am done with this thread, so listen up. It's not worth it to argue with someone who is biased because this ballpark happens to be for his hometown team and he refuses to have a professional and toned-down conversation with me about it, and reaches for insults and personal attacks. I suggest you push your biasedness aside, read between the lines of what I post, and get out more often, because "blowing a valve" and "bursting an artery" takes a Hell of alot more than what you see now.

Nothing deeply personal, I'm just saying.

Signed,
    Knick9

Chill out, Sport. That essay you just wrote kind of proves my point that you're taking things a little too seriously. Have fun not enjoying the ballpark, and by the way...I'm not a Nationals fan, and I'm not from DC. But i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, we wouldn't want you seizing up with all this frustration over such unbelievably important topics like upper decks in Stadiums of below .500 teams and all. The internet is serious business you know. /sarcasm

Signed,
    Dr. Wahhmbulance, Esq.

Leave a comment:

• Knick9
    replied
    Originally posted by Wahhmbulance View Post
    7 days later...you ok there, Chief? Thought you might have blown a valve over an upper deck in a baseball stadium. Super important stuff. I can't speak for the Nationals front office, but i think they'll do alright without your 20 dollars. Not so sure how softly they'd say it though, DC is a rough place sometimes.
    I'm not sweating any bullets, I'm just telling you what I really think about it. A guy's got a right to his own opinion, no matter how many times that opinion is bashed. Seriously, what's up with the arrogance? Do you even care about what you are typing?

Please calm down, man. With all due respect, you are the one who is blowing a valve.

I believe in the following:

- The large lower level seating is a no-no. It is bad. It sends a message that the upper deck seating means absolutely nothing anymore. I happen to say "not so fast." If planned right and actually done right, improved upper deck seating would improve the overall quality of the new HOK ballparks. It is a fact that the quality of the upper deck seating in the new HOK ballparks have been sacrificed in order to improve the suite seats and the press box seats. The Nats new ballpark is textbook of this if you look at the pictures. So many things are sacrificed in order to have better suites and better press boxes, and the upper deck is almost non-existent and irrelevant.

- The structure couldn't have been any more dull. I still say, to this day, that the outside looks like a glorified post office and conventional center hybrid. Nothing sticks out. Nothing looks revolutionary. It looks bland. Period. I even saw in one picture that the ticket office looked like the outside of an old-school style jail. Pretty heartwarming and welcoming, don't you think?

Am I concerned about it? Yeah, you bet. Am I stomping-my-feet-and-jump-up-and-down-tearing-my-hair-out angry? No.

After this post is made, I promise Sean and the moderators that I am done with this thread, so listen up. It's not worth it to argue with someone who is biased because this ballpark happens to be for his hometown team and he refuses to have a professional and toned-down conversation with me about it, and reaches for insults and personal attacks. I suggest you push your biasedness aside, read between the lines of what I post, and get out more often, because "blowing a valve" and "bursting an artery" takes a Hell of alot more than what you see now.

Signed,
    Knick9
    Last edited by Knick9; 02-13-2008, 05:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    Originally posted by bigtime39 View Post
    Here's a not-so-positive indicator for the Nationals: the high roller seats behind home plate were not snapped up by season-ticket purchasers, and will be available for single game sales.
    This may be bad news for the Nationals front office, but it's good news for the average fan - okay, the average fan that can afford to spend that kind of money for one game, but at least they have a chance to experience a game from seats like that without having to have connections or that sort of thing.

Leave a comment:

• bigtime39
    replied
    Here's a not-so-positive indicator for the Nationals: the high roller seats behind home plate were not snapped up by season-ticket purchasers, and will be available for single game sales.
    I'm sure sphincters are snapping shut in Nationalsland right about now.

LINK

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    Originally posted by PeteU View Post
    You're actually going to forgo visiting a ballpark because you don't like the situation of the upper deck? That's a little bit petty, don't you think?
    Petty or not, it's his opinion, and he's entitled to it.

Look at it this way - at least you won't have to worry about competing with him for seats!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    Originally posted by Knick9 View Post

Here's what I'm getting to. They didn't have to do this, but they wanted to do this. There's no real presence of the upper deck at all here. I softly say "no thanks" to visiting this ballpark.
    You're actually going to forgo visiting a ballpark because you don't like the situation of the upper deck? That's a little bit petty, don't you think?

I mean, I think the New Yankee Stadium is horribly disappointing, plus I never much cared for that New York American League franchise being an O's fan and all, but if I had the opportunity to watch a game in the new ballpark, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by PeteU; 02-12-2008, 08:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sean O
    replied
    Originally posted by spark240 View Post
    Is this how low we have sunk?

"Signage" is an eyesore, and I can't imagine how any amount of it could improve the appearance of a parking garage.
    Welcome to television in lieu of architecture. Rather than build a functional, spatially pleasing set of buildings, we're settling for less and less until we hit rock bottom with something like the Nationals Park. The best thing about it is nobody will even notice the parking garages (big, colorful ugly drapings or not) after having to negotiate the horrible mess that is the park in the first place.

The park is already a depression factory from the moment it's first glimpsed, so the parking garages are the least of its worries now.

Leave a comment:

• Pere
    replied
    Originally posted by FearlessFreep View Post
    A WaPost article sums it up well...
    That does not sum it up well. The height limitation has nothing to do with the architectural quality of Washington DC.

The problem is a lack of real architects, among most of the modern constructions. Certain older parts of the city do indeed have style and beauty, work well as urban neighborhoods, and not coincidentally have exceptionally high market values. The failure of most newer parts of the city to match this standard is the result of the modern degeneration of the practice of architecture.

Some of the most beautiful and vibrant cities in the world are largely within the WDC height limitation.
    Last edited by Pere; 02-11-2008, 10:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pere
    replied
    Originally posted by machpost View Post
    The Nationals still plan on wrapping the garages with signage, so hopefully they won't be too much of an eyesore.
    Is this how low we have sunk?

"Signage" is an eyesore, and I can't imagine how any amount of it could improve the appearance of a parking garage.
    Last edited by Pere; 02-11-2008, 10:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X