X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Will people be able to walk in from off the street and watch the games from the car park (parking garage) for free?

Leave a comment:

• CitiFieldIsNoShea
    replied
    I haven't paid much attention to the construction/design of this ballpark so don't fire me down, but how in the world did architects really find it to be a great idea that a parking garage works into the skyline beyond the outfield wall?

A gray sterile building kills whatever buzz the cherry trees perched right underneath will give the ballpark...a shame.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Ryan
    replied
    So who is going to be the first hitter to hit the parking garage?

and please tell me that is a bullpen down the right field line.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Ryan
    replied
    Originally posted by reh303 View Post
    This may sound out there, but the exterior kind of reminds me of a modernized Tiger Stadium.
    I can see it...

Leave a comment:

• reh303
    replied
    Originally posted by brewerfan386 View Post
    Inside
    This may sound out there, but the exterior kind of reminds me of a modernized Tiger Stadium.

Leave a comment:

• alpineinc
    replied
    It is a bit - utilitarian, but some of the interiors look interesting. Love the Diamond Club motif celebrating the Senators only crown, winning it in the 12th inning...

Leave a comment:

• FearlessFreep
    replied
    I think the stadium is fine. I am a retro park fan and would have loved a park of that nature, but I think the current design is unique itself. As one who works in downtown DC, I can say that this look is very DC. They obviously took a lot of cues from the East Gallery and Air and Space Museum architecture. Not everyone's cup 'o tea, but it does fit DC. Which I think is more than you can say for some recent stadiums.

Leave a comment:

• Seattle1
    replied
    My favorite National Park is Olympic National Park.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    Originally posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    That's not fair. Plenty of hardcore baseball fans love watching guys like Morneau, Mauer, Liriano, Delmon Young, Joe Nathan & Pat Neshek. We're probably not making the playoffs in '08...but I know there are many fans like me who go to the ballpark to watch players from every team.
    Don't forget, there are also fans who just like to spend a day at the ballpark and couldn't care less if the team is in contention, as long as they have a good time.

It's great that the Mets are a contending team, but as recently as 2004 I was able to get a pair of field level box seats, maybe 8 or 10 rows from the field, in one of the sections where they have cupholders and waiter service, for $25! That's right, two $65-face Field Level boxes for $25! Alas, those days are gone forever...

Leave a comment:

• Lafferty Daniel
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    HA! Who fills up the ballpark when the Yankees come to town? It sure as hell isn't the product the Twins put on the field.
    That's not fair. Plenty of hardcore baseball fans love watching guys like Morneau, Mauer, Liriano, Delmon Young, Joe Nathan & Pat Neshek. We're probably not making the playoffs in '08...but I know there are many fans like me who go to the ballpark to watch players from every team.

Back to the Nats park. I bet it gets remodeled sooner than Citi, YSII, & Twins.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X