Nationals Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BaseballinDC View Post
    (even the bathrooms have the radio broadcast piped in).
    Most if not all ballparks have the radio audio broadcast in restrooms and concourses. Nationals Park really needs to change the color of the OF fence. Blue seats and a green fence doesn't work. Switch the fence to blue. It's even worse when the team has red in their uniform. Red and green looks like tacky Christmas decal.

Comment

• Some really nice panoramas of Nationals Park and its surroundings have recently been posted on the official Web site:

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/..._panoramas.jsp

Comment

• Has anyone picked up the sponsorship of Nats Park yet? I wonder who will, now in light of all the controversy going on with Citi Field et al.

Personally I think National/Nationals Park sounds great as is.

Comment

• Maybe the people who publish the Superman and Batman comic books can purchase the naming rights.

You may have heard of them... DC Comics.
          X

Comment

• BillNY08 - did the Nats win the game you went to in the bottom of the 9th. I think you may have gone to the same game as i did. Now that i'm lookin at my work calendar it was May 25th, a sunday game. They were up like 5-0 and then blew the lead but won in the bottom of the 9th on a wild pitch.

I could see the Capitol building from many of the seats i was in, i moved around. I have heard that with continuing construction, you will soon not be able to which has many people mad since i think this was a promised feature of the park. It was a nice park, not a lot to make it stand out and make you remember it, but a nice, clean new park. I would rate it like a 6 or 7 out of 10, nothing to get crazy about but a good place to chill and watch a game for sure!

G Rizzle

Comment

• It's a boring ballpark that will likely lead the pack of new ballparks in being demolished in 20-30 years.

Comment

• Yup May 25th!! I was sitting next to the left field foul pole in the front row. The sun was brutal! I'm not a Nats or brewers fan really but I wanted to fly down from Albany and check out that park and Baltimore. The one thing that suprised me is that outside the stadium there is vertually NOTHING to do! It's built in an area where there are alot of government office buildings and older building I beleive are being knocked down... Ive been to about 10 MLB stadiums and this is by far the worst experience for things to do close to the park.

Comment

• I agree that there is nothing going on near the Nats Park. It was hard to get a cab even after the game. I was there in August for the Amazin Getaway. It was a nice park but the media they had during the games was annoying. I do confess that I love the racing Presidents.

RichieA13 here is one of the original old DC ballpark seats from one of their previous incarnations. It is in the President's Club. JFK is throwing out 1st pitch so it is early 1960's.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Mary Ellen; 12-11-2008, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Nats park was a good ballpark.
                    I enjoyed the transportation service from RFK to the ballpark.
                    I loved the open concourse behind centerfield.
                    The hotels in that navy yard area were not complete and in this market i doubt anyone will buy it.
                    I did enjoyed the playstation room where you could play MLB the show.
                    I give it a B- as my grade. They need to improve then wait times at the upper deck concessions.
                    Lastly, the scoreboard in RF is amazing.
                    Enjoy my pics
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by BillNY08 View Post
                      Yup May 25th!! I was sitting next to the left field foul pole in the front row. The sun was brutal! I'm not a Nats or brewers fan really but I wanted to fly down from Albany and check out that park and Baltimore. The one thing that suprised me is that outside the stadium there is vertually NOTHING to do! It's built in an area where there are alot of government office buildings and older building I beleive are being knocked down... Ive been to about 10 MLB stadiums and this is by far the worst experience for things to do close to the park.
                      I love a good hot sun and a cold beer. I think they were limited with the places they could put the park, since this is DC and avilable land was scarce. Anyways, give it time, if they can build around the ballpark then this could be a successful product. Nothing having a lot of clutter around the park isnt necessarily a bad thing anways, i mean its DC, there is plenty to do. We walked from the park all the way across town and loved the walk just as much as the game.

G Rizzle

Comment

• I thought they said they would have a naming rights deal in place by now. I guess the economy is to blame. Bad for the country--good for tradition.
                        I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                        - Walt Whitman

Comment

• That is a NICE ballpark!

I'm happy for DC fans that they have something that they can be proud of (the stadium, anyway.) Damn shame that a city so richly deserving ever had to wait 34 years for baseball to return. Inexcusible.

Comment

• My own feeling is that the uppermost level is like the uppermost level at Comerica--just too far away. You may have a good "sight line," in some sections anyway, but the game will be a game of ants far below. I don't feel engaged with the game from way up there.

As for the scoreboard/screen, I find it way too dominating if I'm in a seat which faces directly toward it. I don't really like any of the sections in the home plate to third base arc for this reason.

Comment

• It's a really nice/new stadium with good amenities. The only problem is the team that plays there! They're painful to watch. Make for to go when there's a team worth watching playing.
                              HE DROPPED THE BALL! HE DROPPED THE BALL!
                              http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5026043

Damon's Double Steal
                              http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?c...pic_id=7223232

Comment

• It's a shame that the team with the newest ballpark in baseball (for now anyways) is also the team with the worst record... they better hope Tiexera takes thier offer and signs with them... sign one big star and more will surely follow... i.e. the Tigers a few years ago.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X