Nationals Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nymdan View Post
    Because I can't stand seeing the guy with a Mets hat and shirt during Mets BP, then switching to a Braves, Yankees, or Phillies hat when that team takes BP... knocking over women and children to get balls, etc
    I absolutley cant stand him whatsoever. Ive seen plenty of stupid fans in ballparks everywhere, but never anyone with the blatant disrespect for every other fan in the park that he has. Switching the caps and whatnot is pathetic, but it doesnt bother anyone else, but he continually positions himself in a way where he intentionally blocks out little kids from being able to get balls thrown to them, and when he fails at doing this, he simply steps in front of them to catch a ball that a major leaguer threw to them. Never once realizing that the average person wont spend an entire season trying to get a ballplayer to throw a ball to them, and the ONE ball that the kid would get would be the memory of a lifetime.Then during the game, running around, standing in front of sections that arent where his seats are, blocking the view of everyone, only so he can sprint around every time a foul ball is hit. Once again never thinking about how some kids life would be affected if he just stepped aside and let the kid catch the ball coming right to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlushingFan102 View Post
      I absolutley cant stand him whatsoever. Ive seen plenty of stupid fans in ballparks everywhere, but never anyone with the blatant disrespect for every other fan in the park that he has. Switching the caps and whatnot is pathetic, but it doesnt bother anyone else, but he continually positions himself in a way where he intentionally blocks out little kids from being able to get balls thrown to them, and when he fails at doing this, he simply steps in front of them to catch a ball that a major leaguer threw to them. Never once realizing that the average person wont spend an entire season trying to get a ballplayer to throw a ball to them, and the ONE ball that the kid would get would be the memory of a lifetime.Then during the game, running around, standing in front of sections that arent where his seats are, blocking the view of everyone, only so he can sprint around every time a foul ball is hit. Once again never thinking about how some kids life would be affected if he just stepped aside and let the kid catch the ball coming right to him.

Has he ever knocked over a little kid or something, and then have the kid's father light into him?

Comment

• Ive only seen him a handful of times, as I dont really go to watch BP all that much, but he doesnt really physically knock anyone over, he just likes to stand in front of them, or put them in a position where if a ballplayer threw a ball into the stands they wouldnt be able to get past him to get it. Almost like he was boxing them out, which was unfortunatley very easy to do at shea with metal bars every 4 seats, if he was in front of you there was no way to get out until he caught his precious baseball.

Comment

• I was watching the Cubs/Nationals game last night. On TV, this isn't a bad looking park.

What I don't get is that opening next to the batters eye? It looks like maybe it's used for storage or something. It really looks terrible. Couldn't they have some type of roofing that would expand the grassy area?

At first I thought is was a bullpen, but it's not.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdseverin View Post
            I was watching the Cubs/Nationals game last night. On TV, this isn't a bad looking park.

What I don't get is that opening next to the batters eye? It looks like maybe it's used for storage or something. It really looks terrible. Couldn't they have some type of roofing that would expand the grassy area?

At first I thought is was a bullpen, but it's not.

I'm not sure what it is used for on an everyday basis, but I believe that at the first game (when president bush threw out the first pitch) that is where the secret service parked their SUVs.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdseverin View Post
              I was watching the Cubs/Nationals game last night. On TV, this isn't a bad looking park.

It's a service tunnel for maintenance and such. Under the bleacher to the right are pens for gravel, soil, maintenance vehicles etc. The racing presidents enter the park from there in the middle of the 4th inning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Entrada View Post
                It's a service tunnel for maintenance and such. Under the bleacher to the right are pens for gravel, soil, maintenance vehicles etc. The racing presidents enter the park from there in the middle of the 4th inning.
                Can't they put some kind of roof over it to make it blend into the park. I've never seen anything like that. That was the one thing that stood out to me while watching the game.

Comment

• Love the new ballpark, Nats fans. Looks great. Exterior, interior...I am planning to visit there one day...

Comment

• I attended a game at Nats Park in May 2009 for the O's/Nats Interleague matchup.

I loved the place! The food was great, the PNC club was excellent!!

The seats in the field level were amazing, wide and very comfy

took the ballpark tour earlier in the day, one of the best I have been on and i have taken quite a few.
                    The NY Mets - We do have a pretty good history!

World Champions 1969 & 1986
                    NL Champions 1969, 1973, 1986, 2000
                    NL East Champions 1969, 1973, 1986, 1988, 2006
                    NL Wild Card Winner 1999 & 2000

Quest to see them all: The Trop, Sun Life, Metrodome, Fenway, The Ted, Camden Yards, The Vet, Citizens Bank, New Yankee, Minute Maid, SkyDome, Nats Park, The Jake, PNC, Old Yankee, Shea, Comerica, Great American

Comment

• How long until the naming rights are sold?
                      Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by UnderPressure View Post
                        How long until the naming rights are sold?
                        In this economy, I'm sure companies are very hesitant to do naming rights deals.

Comment

• Originally posted by nymdan View Post
                          In this economy, I'm sure companies are very hesitant to do naming rights deals.
                          I personally hope they stick with what they got . . . in 50 years, the Washingtonians may very well appreciate the foresight . . . even if it was done under the guise of economics.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiggerODell View Post
                            I personally hope they stick with what they got . . . in 50 years, the Washingtonians may very well appreciate the foresight . . . even if it was done under the guise of economics.
                            I think you have it backwards. If anyone was willing to cough up the money to name the place, I'm sure they would have taken it. I don't think it was some noble gesture to preserve the traditions of baseball
                            1997 2003
                            Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

Comment

• Originally posted by marlins739 View Post
                              I think you have it backwards. If anyone was willing to cough up the money to name the place, I'm sure they would have taken it. I don't think it was some noble gesture to preserve the traditions of baseball
                              Aahhh? Could be . . . thats why they have me making a living as far away from Wall Street as possible . . . but I beg pardon for making it sound such a nobel cause . . . for, that was not me intention. I merely meant to exclaim how it might be perceived. Perception and reality so oft . . . are confused.

Comment

• Looks like the nats are playing an exhibition on 4/3 against the red sox at home, interesting for a team that far north that isn't opening a new park. Are any other teams having exhibitions at home this year before the season starts?

I'm heading down to the Nat's new park for the first time for opening day, anyone have any tips? particularly when it comes to parking?

And heres a few cool pictures I've found of the place, which is one of my favorite ballparks:
                                Great shot from the other side of the river I've never seen before:

View from the press box:

Park Entrance:

Locker Room:

Press Room (I always thought they should have done a set up like the government press rooms, with the blue curtain, and the oval with the picture of the park. I thought it would be a nice touch)

Bar:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X