Nationals Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hofflalu View Post
    Seeing footage from Nationals Park today, I see the text "NATIONALS PARK" on the stone backstop behind home plate. Is this a new addition for 2010?
    Yes. I really don't care for it. The backstop was unique itself.

Comment

• I don't like that Nationals Park sign either. It's probably to prep us for the eventual corporate name Ted Lerner peddles to replace "Nationals Park". Assuming he can ever sell the name. Until then, I love for it to stay Nats Park forever, but I'm not stupid.

I'm glad they painted the 200 level concession stands in RF limey green instead of the blurry white from last year.

Though I've never really liked the limey green in NP, I'm glad it's not the forrest green of OPCY and many others around MLB.

Comment

• At the Nats/Red Sox exhibition game here at Nats Park last Sat. they were playing by AL rules using the DH.

The reason I bring this up is bc there was nothing on any of the scoreboards about the pitchers.

I recognized Tim Wakefield by his motion, but I couldn't ID the Nats pitcher. I thought I was losing my mind when I couldn't find any info about the pitchers on any of the boards, but everyone I asked said they couldn't either.

Finally, I was told by a staffer that the software OS for the scoreboard at Nats Park is set up for NL roster alignment only. There was no room for pitcher info w/ the extra man in the hitting line. Sounds crazy w/ all of our digital technology today. It was probably just a tech glitch where someone hadn't done their homework, but then again it was the first time they've played under AL rules at Nats Park.
        Last edited by RfkFedEx; 04-06-2010, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RfkFedEx View Post
          At the Nats/Red Sox exhibition game here at Nats Park last Sat. they were playing by AL rules using the DH.

The reason I bring this up is bc there was nothing on any of the scoreboards about the pitchers.

I recognized Tim Wakefield by his motion, but I couldn't ID the Nats pitcher. I thought I was losing my mind when I couldn't find any info about the pitchers on any of the boards, but everyone I asked said they couldn't either.

Finally, I was told by a staffer that the software OS for the scoreboard at Nats Park is set up an NL roster alignment only. There was no room for pitcher info w/ the extra man in the hitting line. Sounds crazy w/ all of our digital technology today. It was probably just a tech glitch where someone hadn't done their homework, but then again it was the first time they've played under AL rules at Nats Park.
          Interesting stuff. It's amazing how inept HOK is at building sports stadiums. If they were around in the 1920's, not one major league owner would choose them to build their park. Osborn was the KING of beatuiful baseball stadium architecture.
          sigpic

Comment

At the Nats/Red Sox exhibition game here at Nats Park last Sat. they were playing by AL rules using the DH.
            Why were they playing under American League rules in a National League park?
            X

Comment

• probaly because it was an exibition game and they dident want to put risk injuring the pitcher on the bases. esp the red sox who typicaly use a dh. remember what happend to wang in houston in 2008? and that was a regualr season game.

Comment

• More proof that the DH is better if a hosting NL club prefers it in their own house. The DH simply makes the game more interesting to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by locke40 View Post
                  Interesting stuff. It's amazing how inept HOK is at building sports stadiums. If they were around in the 1920's, not one major league owner would choose them to build their park. Osborn was the KING of beatuiful baseball stadium architecture.
                  1. Osborn isn't the KING anymore. I would love if they were, but HOK (Populous) is the KING. And they build pretty nice stadiums. Not nearly as nice as Osborn, but still nice, nicer than the 60s and 70s stadiums.

2. You can't honestly think that HOK does the scoreboard OS do you? HOK designs the stadium. Another company builds it. Another company does the wiring and scoreboard OS. At Yankee Stadium it was HOK with the design, Turner with the building, and Cisco with the wirirng and scoreboard OS. I don't know about Nats Park.
                  sigpic

Comment

• I'd like to know who does the OS's, for the A/V in our new stadiums today. It's probably local contractors in each town and not a national firm like HOK. I seriously doubt HOK has anything to do w/ the OS of the score and video boards at Nats Park.

Comment

• I don't know who does the OSs but most of the scoreboards being built today are done by Daktronics. They seem to have a monopoly on big-stadium projects.
                      "Shake it off. That's part of the game, you know. Baseball, hotdogs, apple pie and a shot in the mask." - Bob Uecker.

Comment

• Went to the game Weds night and we sat in CF. The scoreboards I could see were the LED boards along the front rail of the club level on the 1st & 3rd base lines.

Any time an out was made or a ball was put into play, the scoreboards disappeared. The score frames were replaced with Washington Nationals logos. In between innings they showed other crap like ads and more of the Nats logo.
                        Seems like the only time the boards were showing vital game info was when the pitcher was on the mound w/ ball in hand and a batter in the box. Exactly when I'm not looking at the score boards.

Comment

Went to the game Weds night and we sat in CF. The scoreboards I could see were the LED boards along the front rail of the club level on the 1st & 3rd base lines.

Any time an out was made or a ball was put into play, the scoreboards disappeared. The score frames were replaced with Washington Nationals logos. In between innings they showed other crap like ads and more of the Nats logo.
                          Seems like the only time the boards were showing vital game info was when the pitcher was on the mound w/ ball in hand and a batter in the box. Exactly when I'm not looking at the score boards.
                          Exactly my problem. I had to pull out my iphone between innings to find out what was going on at other ballparks on OD. I think scoreboards were at their best when the diamondvision scoreboards were first installed. The regular scoreboards were still used and informative and the diamondvision was for highlights and not ads. I really hate being inundated with commercials during the game and no longer care about the size of the hd screen since it is usless without quality programming.

Comment

• Does anyone know how many seats are in each row of section 311? And how easy is it to move sections here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
                              Does anyone know how many seats are in each row of section 311? And how easy is it to move sections here?
                              Mosts sections have 20-24 seats per row. Not exactly sure about sec 311.

Nationals park provides more bang for the buck than any MLB venue. A $5 ticket allows one to plant 15 rows behind the dugout if you know how to act. Wait till the inning break after the first. Walk to the vacant seats of your choice. Do not stop at the top of the section or make eye contact w/ the usher. Act like you belong and its unlikely anyone will question your ticket status. If for some reason you happen to sit in some else's seat; get up immediately and find another vacancy near you.

You can get so close to the action in that place, I think any MLB fan should really enjoy it.

Comment

• Went last night, and aside from the terrible game, it was awesome. Taking RfkFedEx's advice, I was able to sit 10 rows off the field eight next to first without any hassle at all. Also, I'm just throwing this out there, but the Nationals may be better to their fans, better than any other team. Not only did I get the free hat, but they gave out programs for free (which shocked me, to put it lightly), and free amp energy drinks. I had a great time overall. Pics coming soon.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X