No announcement yet.

Nationals Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else watch the Strasburg game on MLB Network? Nationals Park looks AMAZING when filled with people. They did a great job of having unbroken lines of fans all throughout the lower grandstand,. Even in the "Legend's Seats" the seats aren't as high as in some of the other newer parks, and it makes a huge difference. To be honest, I am a little jealous that my hometown team doesn't have a similar seating setup.
    Last edited by locke40; 06-08-2010, 07:09 PM. Reason: Nationals Park = A-Okay!
    sigpic

Comment

• Strasburg Debut Screenshots

I tried to get tickets but tonight's game sold out within hours (I was willing to drive 5 hours). However, here are some screenshots. Strasburg shined......2ER, 14K's in 7 innings, and left with a 4-2 lead. The crowd was electric from what I could tell. He earned his bonus already with the buzz he has created. It is a new day for the Nationals.

Hopefully someone here got tickets and can post some clearer pics soon.

Comment

• I have tickets for next Fridays White Sox game which should be his turn in the rotation.

Comment

• That game should be a sell-out as well, given Strasburg and it's a Friday game. I wish I could go.
          sigpic

Comment

• I have a feeling that all the rest of his starts will be sellouts. Reminds me of Gooden in '84.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock View Post
              I have a feeling that all the rest of his starts will be sellouts. Reminds me of Gooden in '84.
              14k's in just 7 innings....and NO walks. WOW. Just what that franchise needed.

Comment

• Just got home. No pics so I'm totally worthless in this thread. Thx Mario for the TV shots.

What a night! best moment in Washington baseball since the opener in 2005.

Just heard that Sunday is already Cleveland's best selling ticket this year with Strasburg in the rotation for start #2.

Comment

• Originally posted by RfkFedEx View Post
                  Thx Mario for the TV shots.
                  What he said.

Do you have a screenshot of the first pitch?

And does anyone have screenshots from MLB Network's broadcast? Curious to see how their graphics appeared during the first pitch, and if there was a crawl or ticker or whatever at the bottom of the screen.
                  X

Comment

• All the players looked genuinely happy and excited after the win. They, as well as the fans, could almost feel that the future is bright in Washington. It's really good to see.
                    Last edited by locke40; 06-09-2010, 06:56 AM. Reason: Harper / Strasburg / Zimmerman
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by locke40 View Post
                      All the players looked genuinely happy and excited after the win. They, as well as the fans, could almost feel that the future is bright in Washington. It's really good to see.
                      The future will be short term possibly. If Strasburg remains as dominant as he is through the next 3 years, he may get the usual big player greed which the Nationals may not be able to afford and he may jump to the Yankees Red Sox, and the other big money teams. So through 2013( Strasburg's contract is 3 years I believe), the Nationals have a running shot of being a threatening presence in the NL East. But once these big prospects hit free agency, will they remain loyal and take less money( a good thing) or will they get the greed syndrome and go somewhere else?

Comment

• Originally posted by quagmire View Post
                        The future will be short term possibly. If Strasburg remains as dominant as he is through the next 3 years, he may get the usual big player greed which the Nationals may not be able to afford and he may jump to the Yankees Red Sox, and the other big money teams. So through 2013( Strasburg's contract is 3 years I believe), the Nationals have a running shot of being a threatening presence in the NL East. But once these big prospects hit free agency, will they remain loyal and take less money( a good thing) or will they get the greed syndrome and go somewhere else?
                        since Strasburg wasn't called-up until June 2010, he is under the control of the Nats thru the 2016 season when he will be age 28, still very young. His current contract will either be extended for a small fortune or he will be offered salary arbitration. If he is good as advertised there is no chance the Nats will let him go before the end of the 2016 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by locke40 View Post
                          All the players looked genuinely happy and excited after the win. They, as well as the fans, could almost feel that the future is bright in Washington. It's really good to see.
                          and it's only gonna get better when Bryce Harper gets the call-up.

Comment

• I wouldn't call Strasburg greedy if he leaves for the Yankees or Sox in three years. In fact, I'm braced for it bc I have a realistic perception of baseball's economic climate. I know how the game works.

Surely I'll be disappointed if he goes, but why shouldn't he deserve the big payday and excitement of playing for a contender (Yanks, Sox, Cubs or Maybe the Mets) if the Nats aren't relevant in three years? I feel the same way about Labron in Cleveland.

I love the Nats and baseball in Washington, but I'm also not wearing a Strasburg blindfold bc of last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by quagmire View Post
                              MLB players need 6 years of service time to become Free Agents. He wont be a free agent until after the 2016 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tullydew View Post
                                MLB players need 6 years of service time to become Free Agents. He wont be a free agent until after the 2016 season.
                                Cool. Either way, hope the nationals become relevant and a threat in the NL East or Strasburg may be moving for the 2017 season.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X