Nationals Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nymdan9 View Post
    Interesting point. Once the Nats, Mets, Yankees, Twins, A's, and Marlins get new parks, it theoretically could be another 10 or 20 years before we see a new park.

Assuming there is no team movement, that leves Wrigley, Fenway, Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium, and Kauffman as the only remaining pre-1989 ballparks. I wonder which will be the first to go.
    My Bets are on Fenway... The Red Sox's ownership group recently toured the Citi Field construction site with the Wilpons.

Comment

i just took a peek at the webcam, it looks like they are putting in the home plate circle & pitching mound today

Comment

Originally posted by bigworm_122 View Post
        i just took a peek at the webcam, it looks like they are putting in the home plate circle & pitching mound today
        Wow, that's exciting.

The turf is scheduled to be installed on or about 10/31.

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis View Post
          According to this:

The Twins park's second deck is a 100% cantilever, however, it looks to be set back a bit. It seems they theoretically could've moved it forward about 10 feet. Also, the upper deck's first row is pretty much in line with the last row of the lower deck, but, the lower bowl is not that deep, so it's excusable in order to keep the rake tolerable.

Busch III's second deck is also a 100% cantilever, as is the lower tier of the upper deck.

-

the Yankees new stadium and the Nat's feature second decks with virtually no cantilever at all, but, the "wing" sections are more cantilvered in Washington.

-
          Nationals Park's 2nd deck is 100% cantilevered with the exception of the area above the suites behind home plate. The degree of lower level overlap depends on the relationship between the straight lines and edges of the lower deck in relation to that of the 2nd level. A drawing of the lower bowl shows the location of the support posts from which the cantilevered section extends over the lower bowl.

Comment

Well, it may be a 100% cantilevered deck, BUT, the important thing is that it's not cantilevered over the lower bowl. What's the point of that? Why have all that space between the supporting posts and the last row of seats?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Elvis; 10-24-2007, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Interesting point. Once the Nats, Mets, Yankees, Twins, A's, and Marlins get new parks, it theoretically could be another 10 or 20 years before we see a new park.

Assuming there is no team movement, that leves Wrigley, Fenway, Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium, and Kauffman as the only remaining pre-1989 ballparks. I wonder which will be the first to go.
              Fenway and Wrigley will go before Dodger, Angel, and Kauffman go. Dodger and Kauffman are undergoing renovations now, and Angel was just recently renovated back from a multi-purpose place to a baseball-only facility.
              Follow me on Facebook, or Twitter.

sigpic If you love your freedom, thank a vet...and this 10-year U.S. Army vet says, "You're welcome.".

Comment

HoK Statement from 2005

This statement regarding the Nats Ballparks cracked me up.

"We didn't hold anything back," said Carrie Plummer, a spokeswoman for Hellmuth, Obata and Kassabaum Sport, which has designed 10 of the 14 newest baseball stadiums, including San Francisco's SBC Park and Pittsburgh's PNC Park. "We put together the best design team. This is a dream project because of its iconic potential."

Carrie, your team is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
                  This statement regarding the Nats Ballparks cracked me up.

"We didn't hold anything back," said Carrie Plummer, a spokeswoman for Hellmuth, Obata and Kassabaum Sport, which has designed 10 of the 14 newest baseball stadiums, including San Francisco's SBC Park and Pittsburgh's PNC Park. "We put together the best design team. This is a dream project because of its iconic potential."

Carrie, your team is garbage.
                  I read a quote somewhere from the Nats ownership themselves saying that they would have done some things differently if they had owned the team when the stadium was being designed.

Comment

I read a quote somewhere from the Nats ownership themselves saying that they would have done some things differently if they had owned the team when the stadium was being designed.
                    So we should expect renovations in five years?

Looks like the Nats Park is the new U.S. Cellular Field.

Comment

• One thing I'll really miss about ol' RFK Stadium is how good those upper deck seats were, because they were so close to the field. A pretty big chunk of the field-level seats were beneath the upper deck. And even though RFK is much more fondly remembered as the home of the Redskins, the seating bowl, even the upper deck, was designed to favor baseball from the beginning...
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by machpost View Post
                        One thing I'll really miss about ol' RFK Stadium is how good those upper deck seats were, because they were so close to the field. A pretty big chunk of the field-level seats were beneath the upper deck. And even though RFK is much more fondly remembered as the home of the Redskins, the seating bowl, even the upper deck, was designed to favor baseball from the beginning...
                        I would say the upper deck along the foul lines favored baseball, but the upper deck in the outfield didn't favor baseball at all--with no lower deck below but the deck push up virtually against the fence, you'd miss a good chunk of the outfield below you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
                          So we should expect renovations in five years?

Looks like the Nats Park is the new U.S. Cellular Field.
                          All at the D.C. taxpayers' expense.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by PeteU View Post
                            I would say the upper deck along the foul lines favored baseball, but the upper deck in the outfield didn't favor baseball at all--with no lower deck below but the deck push up virtually against the fence, you'd miss a good chunk of the outfield below you.
                            Oh definitely, those upper deck seats in the outfield were not good for keeping track of fly balls out there. And some of the seats in right center way up near the top were obstructed by the scoreboard. And the last rows of the field-level seats behind home plate suffered a bit from the loge level's overhang. You couldn't see the scoreboard at all from some of those seats, not to mention any balls in play that didn't stay close to the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichardK View Post
                              My Bets are on Fenway... The Red Sox's ownership group recently toured the Citi Field construction site with the Wilpons.
                              Really? I hadn't heard about that. Is there an article someplace that mentions that?

Comment

• Originally posted by exposhistory View Post
                                All at the D.C. taxpayers' expense.
                                MYTH

It is a tax on the largest businesses and the federal government. The businesses supported the tax BTW. No funds come directly from city residents. Of course some if not all of the tax will be passed on to the customers, but those customers are regional and nation in nature so the tax is spread to include non-residents indirectly.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X