No announcement yet.

Nationals Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, I'll be going to the Nationals-White Sox game next Sunday the 19th. It's a 1:30 start, and I'd love to be in the shade. Does anybody know which sections are good places to stay in the shade the whole game? Thanks in advance
    1997 2003
    Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

Comment

• Originally posted by marlins739 View Post
      Hey guys, I'll be going to the Nationals-White Sox game next Sunday the 19th. It's a 1:30 start, and I'd love to be in the shade. Does anybody know which sections are good places to stay in the shade the whole game? Thanks in advance
      I'm a shade lover and I don't do sun at my ballgames.

The third base side provides the most cover. Stay in the high rows of the lower level. There are usually plenty of vacant seats you can claim if you know how to act. Those are my favorite seats in the park, day or night game. I normally have little trouble sitting in them w/ my $5 dollar tix.

The 200 level (3rd base side) is almost entirely in the shade for the duration of a day game.

The high rows of the upper deck are also in the shade, but those seats are god awful IMO bc they are as high new Comiskey or any HOK park's UL.

Don't over pay for tix at Nats Park (unless you know the Strasmonster is on the mound that day).

Comment

• A few more from Wednesday (courtesy of Tony DeFilippo/Flickr)

First pitch

Baseball, hotdogs, cream pie and Elvis hats....

Comment

• So we have tickets for tomorrow night against the White Sox and by pure luck, we managed to pick tickets that ended up being Strasburg's 3rd start( perfect game? nah hoping for too much ). While I have been to Nationals Park plenty of times, I was always ignorant of the food places at the stadium. And uhh... after experiencing the great food at NYS this past Sunday, I would say it has raised my standards a bit on stadium food. Haha While I don't expect to have Lobel steak sandwich level of food, what do you guys recommend? I read that Teddy's BBQ is a good quality place to get decent food. Anyone been to the Healthy Plate, Triple Play Grill, or Steak of the Union to say how decent their food is?

Comment

• Just got back from the game.

And guess who was there? Obama. And here thinking it would be a sell out game because Strasburg was pitching didn't want to bring my camera to risk damage to it so I couldn't take a picture of him. Argh!

What made me even angrier though is the fan reaction. The section where he was stood up and clapped out of respect. But, the fans in my section didn't go, " Oh Cool!" and take pictures. They went, " Why is he at a baseball game when there is an oil spill continuing in the gulf?" Not to make this too political, but my god. It's a cool experience to know the president, first lady, and their kids are in the same building as you are. But, instead you criticize him for taking his kids to a baseball game....... This country is way too partisan.....
            Last edited by quagmire; 06-18-2010, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by quagmire View Post
              Just got back from the game.
              I just got back from NYS. Had a blast!

We were scoreboard watching the Strats all night. Of course we had the game on our phones, but it was cool to keep an eye on the board in CF, just as they would have done 80 years ago when other MLB games mattered.

Comment

• Here are some videos recorded using my iPhone 4 in HD.

Comment

• Went down to DC for the 7/3 (Strasburg) game and 7/4 game. Here's a link to my photo album (some pics are not directly related to Nationals Park):

http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/u...n%20DC%202010/

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                    I don't think it's right that the Nationals should have pennants commemorating the Senators' World Series victories as if they were their own. Those pennants belong in Arlington, where the Senators relocated in 1972. It's okay for them to celebrate the city's great moments in baseball elsewhere in the ballpark, but the Washington Nationals are not the same franchise and in a sport where the goal is to "win the pennant," to display pennants for a victory your team did not earn is wrong.
                    Agreed.

What Nationals Park *should* have, IMHO, is a decent commemoration of their former incarnation - the Expos. There isn't a stitch of Expos material in that park, is there? (It's been a couple of years since I've been there) That's a damned shame, since the Nats wouldn't even exist if not for the Expos. The Nats should have a tribute of some kind to the team they used to be.
                    Last edited by Mr. Laser Beam; 09-30-2010, 09:46 PM.
                    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

• The Montreal Expos never played at Citi Field, but they're not forgotten on its scoreboard...

(Photo taken May 27, 2009. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)
                      X

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
                        Agreed.

What Nationals Park *should* have, IMHO, is a decent commemoration of their former incarnation - the Expos. There isn't a stitch of Expos material in that park, is there? (It's been a couple of years since I've been there) That's a damned shame, since the Nats wouldn't even exist if not for the Expos. The Nats should have a tribute of some kind to the team they used to be.
                        don't hold your breath, you might turn BLUE...

if you go there and have this, wear it...
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Paul W; 09-30-2010, 11:33 PM.
                        the turd in the punchbowl
                        reality really sucks.
                        enjoy the game more...

Comment

Agreed.

Would Montreal really want a commemoration in DC? I know Baltimore football fans want Indianapolis to have absolutely zero to do with Baltimore Colts history. Orioles fans don't care about the St. Louis Browns. I can't see Washington baseball fans caring about the Twins or Rangers commemorating the old Senators. And so on and so forth.

When it comes to a sports teams history, that belongs to the place where the fans witnessed it. So I would argue it belongs more to the city than the franchise.

Take it like this--do you want your wife or girlfriend to continue to carry around pictures of her with her old boyfriend? Or the converse, if your ex still bothered to keep pictures of you but has no interest in continuing a relationship, does it really matter to you?
                          Last edited by PeteU; 10-01-2010, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• At the Edward Jones Dome, the Rams have a Ring of Fame that displays the names and numbers of Rams and football Cardinals. It's not that uncommon to have a teams previous team celebrated at the new team's home.
                            sigpic

Comment

Agreed.

Is there any tribute to the John McGraw Era Baltimore Orioles at Yankee Stadium?

Comment

Agreed.

What Nationals Park *should* have, IMHO, is a decent commemoration of their former incarnation - the Expos. There isn't a stitch of Expos material in that park, is there? (It's been a couple of years since I've been there).
                                They just added it this year w/ Andre Dawson's HOF induction. The Nats honored Andre Dawson and Gary Carter on a few different occasions in 2010. Both men have name plates on the newly installed wall of honor behind home plate.

I wasn't real happy about it bc I saw it as little more than a ploy to sell throw back Expos jerseys at Nats Park this summer. Each man was
                                honored when the Cubs and Met were in town to take advantage of those fans in the Park.

I'm 33 y/o but I'll always think of Dawson as a Cub and Carter as a Met. I also think Dawson only got into the HOF this year bc 1.) There was no one else available not suspected of PED abuse, 2.) Played for the big market Cubs 3.) There will be very few African American players entering the HOF over the next 15 years
                                Last edited by RfkFedEx; 10-01-2010, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X