No announcement yet.

Nationals Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does that lower deck have the most rows of any ballpark?
    If you sit in the front row I hope you don’t have a weak bladder.
    Last edited by chip; 06-21-2012, 02:25 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• I wish it had a bigger roof…………..

Do you think we will ever see this again?
      Last edited by chip; 06-21-2012, 02:23 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by chip View Post
        I wish it had a bigger roof…………..

Do you think we will ever see this again?
        God, I hope not. This is the 21st century. You don't need columns anymore for a large roof.

6978744476_30ca7b906e_b.jpg
        I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
        - Walt Whitman

Comment

• Nobody outside of Seattle is going to build a roof that large today. Sadly there's just not enough immediate return on the investment. The Euros take a different approach when considering the long term value of fan comfort and functioning architecture. Don't get me wrong, I like most of our designs better, but the loss of roofs is a bummer to those who like shade. People like me.

Comment

• One need only travel a mile north of Nationals Park to RFK Stadium to see a substantial roof over the upper deck totally without poles.

Comment

• My photos of Nationals Park
              http://www.pbase.com/trut_maluglist/nationals_park
              Holding a pitcher accountable for how many runs his team scores is like holding the designated hitter accountable for how many runs his team allows.

An individual statistic is meaningful only if it is based strictly on what the player does and not on what the other players on his team do.

Contrary to what most baseball fans claim, a pitched ball which is hit into play is not a strike.

Comment

• Originally posted by DN4L View Post
                Why thank you, 7thinstretch..
                I second that. Outstanding job.
                :cap: Everything from parking to peanuts at the ballgame...check out www.BallparkEGuides.com! :cap:

Comment

• Originally posted by DN4L View Post
                  Do the Nationals erect temporary netting along the stands down the lines?

Do you see the two poles on the edge of the stands along the third base 'bump out'? Looks like temporary poles to hold screens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
                    Do the Nationals erect temporary netting along the stands down the lines?

Do you see the two poles on the edge of the stands along the third base 'bump out'? Looks like temporary poles to hold screens.
                    They put up temporary netting to protect spectators during batting practice, and then take it down before the start of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by RfkFedEx View Post
                      Firday night was about 50/50, the highest ratio of Nats to Phils I've ever seen here in DC. It's usually about 70/30 Phils over Nats. Saturday was 60/40 during the Caps home playoff game. Sunday night looked to be the normal 70/30.

Regardless, Washington will never be a baseball town. I have this debate with friends all the time. Even if the Nats start winning 100 games a year and make the playoffs year in and year out, there will rarely be more than 15k at the park on typical week nights.
                      So far this season, attendance has been up 28%. Weeknight games are much better attended than in the past, and most of the weekend series games have sold out or have come very close.

I think we can look at the Capitals' success as an indicator of what the Nationals can expect if the team stays good. A decade ago, the Verizon Center was often 2/3 empty for an average Caps game, but now that they've been consistently good, not only is it pretty hard to get a ticket, but the fans are REALLY into the game. I think we're starting to see this happen with the Nats. The fans at Nationals Park are a LOT louder than they were a few years ago.

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...8hnV_blog.html

Comment

• Of the "new" parks I've visited, I like Nats park the best. Just taking the park itself into consideration, ignoring the surrounding neighborhood. Visited it with friends a couple of years ago and just loved the place, hope to be back again in the next few years.
                        "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

• When did they paint the pressbox blue?
                          I just noticed that its not red anymore.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by chip View Post
                            When did they paint the pressbox blue?
                            I just noticed that its not red anymore.
                            August 2010

Comment

• The Nats start a series at home tomorrow (July 3). There's nothing on their website about a postponement, so can we assume that Nats Park has electricity? A lot of people in the DC area don't, because of the storms.
                              It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

• I was in attendance for the first two games of that home stand, and I didn't notice any ill effects from the storm on the ballpark.

And with game time temps of well over 100 degrees, the Nationals did a commendable job of making lots of misting fans, cooling stations and ice water available.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X