Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RfkFedEx
    replied
    For Bryce Harper's home debut last Tues, the park was at its usual 15,000. Maybe it was up 2-3000 from a typical Tues night. Harper is only the most highly anticipated prospect to come out of the pipeline since like forever, yet this town barely noticed.

I don't care what attendance numbers the team reports bc they BS every game, with about 25% fluff above the actual number of people to pass through the turnstiles. If the team reports 16,000 seats sold = 12,000 in the park.

Ya ya, I know... the National league counts tickets sold while the American counts turnstile revolutions, either way I don't buy what the Nats report. Same goes for the Redskins.
    Last edited by RfkFedEx; 05-07-2012, 01:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• quagmire
    replied
    Even I will admit that I am still mad over how the Nationals handled the move from RFK to Nationals Park. We had seats 3 rows behind the 1st baseline dugout at RFK. They moved us towards right field when they moved to Nationals Park. Only after complaining, etc did we get within what? 17 rows of the dugout......

Leave a comment:

• DrBear
    replied
    The first year the Nationals were in DC, they had a good run early in the season and there was a lot of enthusiasm. That faded and there was a lot of off-field ownership sniping (and let's face it, RFK wasn't a lure) so that faded. Again, a bit of a spark when Nationals Park opened, but I think the high ticket prices turned some people off (and the resident population of DC is not made up of fat-cat politicians). I can't say it's a failure yet - the team has improved, but it takes some time for the attendance to catch up to that fact in any city. Remember, Washington hasn't had a winner since 1924, and there has never been the excitement of past seasons to keep things going. A few years ago, Milwaukee was starting to seem like a lost cause despite Miller Park; now, it outdraws some of the larger markets. If Washington ever gets a winner, then we can judge.

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Originally posted by RfkFedEx View Post
    Firday night was about 50/50, the highest ratio of Nats to Phils I've ever seen here in DC. It's usually about 70/30 Phils over Nats. Saturday was 60/40 during the Caps home playoff game. Sunday night looked to be the normal 70/30.

Regardless, Washington will never be a baseball town. I have this debate with friends all the time. Even if the Nats start winning 100 games a year and make the playoffs year in and year out, there will rarely be more than 15k at the park on typical week nights.
    Is this something we need to wait and see if they get fans or should we just say it didn't work for the senators, so why the nationals?

Leave a comment:

• quagmire
    replied
    Is Shake Shack open yet? I don't see it listed under concessions at the Nationals homepage....

Leave a comment:

• RfkFedEx
    replied
    Firday night was about 50/50, the highest ratio of Nats to Phils I've ever seen here in DC. It's usually about 70/30 Phils over Nats. Saturday was 60/40 during the Caps home playoff game. Sunday night looked to be the normal 70/30.

Regardless, Washington will never be a baseball town. I have this debate with friends all the time. Even if the Nats start winning 100 games a year and make the playoffs year in and year out, there will rarely be more than 15k at the park on typical week nights.

Leave a comment:

• Blue387
    replied
    Nationals Fail to Halt Invasion of Phillies Fans - NYTimes.com
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/07/sp...lies-fans.html

Leave a comment:

• RfkFedEx
    replied
    No damage. The tax payers are safe.

The game last night was delayed by only 20 minutes as the park opened at 6:25 instead of the normal 2 hours before a first pitch.

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    Anyone know if today's quake did any damage to Nationals Park? My hopes are that the park was unaffected, but, after feeling it in New York, one can't help but wonder about DC.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    Originally posted by AussieYank View Post
    You don’t………live near any ballparks………because the North Pole is a long way awaaaaaaaay

[ATTACH]100267[/ATTACH]
    This would . . . be my favorite image, if I drank "Coca-Cola." But I don't . . .so? . . .

Leave a comment:

• AussieYank
    replied
    Originally posted by DiggerODell View Post
    This would . . . be my favorite ballpark, if I lived there. But I don't . . .so? . . .
    You don’t………live near any ballparks………because the North Pole is a long way awaaaaaaaay

santa-claus-arrived.jpg

Leave a comment:

• DiggerODell
    replied
    This would . . . be my favorite ballpark, if I lived there. But I don't . . .so? . . .

Leave a comment:

• cdove72
    replied
    Went to Nat's Park for the first time today, coming from Winchester, VA definitely feel Metro is the way to go. Navy Yard station dumps you off right there at the stadium though the ride sure is crowded on the way back. After having been to Camden Yards a couple weeks ago its amazing the difference between these two parks a mere stretch of road apart. I do agree with some who say that the brick look probably wouldnt have worked with DC, but the park feels very utilitarian to me, you dont get that deep baseball feeling there. That being said I found the fans to be friendly though perhaps not as into the game as I feel they are at Camden, crowd was pretty small being a Marlins-Nats game. THis is not a loud stadium though I get a feeling as the product gets better that may change. Overall a very pleasant experience at the ballpark today with some friends.....only true complaint, the scoreboard, that has to be the busiest scoreboard ever.

Leave a comment:

• RfkFedEx
    replied
    The batter's eye in CF has gone from grass to carpet this year. A knowledgeable usher told me the change was bc of incocsistancies in the color patterns of the grass.

Leave a comment:

• Seattle1
    replied
    Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
    Do we know for sure when it was painted?
    WikiPedia says it was repainted during the All-Star Game break 2010.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X