X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anubis2051
    replied
    Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
    These pictures are from the last home game of the season last year. I was in D.C. on business, and was able to get away to go to the game, though I did get there late. Phillies won 7-1.
    Are my eyes playing tricks on me or was the press box blue in those photos as well? Do we know for sure when it was painted?

Leave a comment:

• Seattle1
    replied
    These pictures are from the last home game of the season last year. I was in D.C. on business, and was able to get away to go to the game, though I did get there late. Phillies won 7-1.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• drdg
    replied
    Originally posted by UnderPressure View Post
    Does an American-born person that has black features whose parents are from the Dominican Republic or Cuba count as an African American?

Example: Charlie Villanueva, NBA player.
    the answer to your question was and still is YES
    victor pellot aka VIC POWER is in the Hall of Fame museum NOT for his numbers but for his legacy

he is an american-born player (Puerto Rico)
    with black features that played in the major's from 1954-65
    He is best remember for going into a resturant that served only white people in the southern-us,
    upon ordering he was told that they did not serve (N-word) or negroes,
    he replied that he did not eat (n-word) negroes,that he just wanted some rice and beans

and yes even today in the south
    black hispanic-american (born in u.s) are still refer to as
    african-american or the n-word and mullatto (mixed) in some parts

Leave a comment:

• DrBear
    replied
    I didn't know they had named the press box for Shirley Povich. Highly appropriate and welcome.

And Thank God they spelled his name right.

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    I really like this park, the main seating is very basic and they didn't try too hard to make it "modern" or funky. This is one stadium, where the cut in the middle of the seats doesn't bother me.

Leave a comment:

• RfkFedEx
    replied
    Originally posted by UnderPressure View Post
    Does an American-born person that has black features whose parents are from the Dominican Republic or Cuba count as an African American?

I don't write the guidelines, just basing it upon the census questions.

Leave a comment:

• UnderPressure
    replied
    Originally posted by RfkFedEx View Post
    Edited it. It's a US born, non Latino, black person.

Leave a comment:

• li7039
    replied
    Press Box is now Blue

Leave a comment:

• Entrada
    replied
    It wouldn't be a complete trip to Nats Park without the bumbling at the concessions stands.

Leave a comment:

• RfkFedEx
    replied
    Just got back from fan fest. About half of the outfield concession stands will be closed tommorrow due to construction. The new food vendors must have inked at the eleventh hour if they're not going to be open till June.

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Does it come with it's own skyline too? Nyc or dc doesn't matter to me.

Leave a comment:

• Entrada
    replied
    Announced today, Shake Shack is coming to Nats Park.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...er2B_blog.html

Leave a comment:

• RfkFedEx
    replied
    Originally posted by stlfan View Post
    What's an Arfican American?
    Edited it. It's a US born, non Latino, black person.

Leave a comment:

• stlfan
    replied
    What's an Arfican American?

*dang, he edited it*
    Last edited by stlfan; 10-01-2010, 07:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RfkFedEx
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    Agreed.

What Nationals Park *should* have, IMHO, is a decent commemoration of their former incarnation - the Expos. There isn't a stitch of Expos material in that park, is there? (It's been a couple of years since I've been there).
    They just added it this year w/ Andre Dawson's HOF induction. The Nats honored Andre Dawson and Gary Carter on a few different occasions in 2010. Both men have name plates on the newly installed wall of honor behind home plate.

I wasn't real happy about it bc I saw it as little more than a ploy to sell throw back Expos jerseys at Nats Park this summer. Each man was
    honored when the Cubs and Met were in town to take advantage of those fans in the Park.

I'm 33 y/o but I'll always think of Dawson as a Cub and Carter as a Met. I also think Dawson only got into the HOF this year bc 1.) There was no one else available not suspected of PED abuse, 2.) Played for the big market Cubs 3.) There will be very few African American players entering the HOF over the next 15 years
    Last edited by RfkFedEx; 10-01-2010, 07:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X