Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greekchampion04
    • Mar 2008

Here is one of the cooler parts of the stadium, somthing some of you may not know about:

pictures from jdland.com

The Playstation Pavilion:

Gran Turismo 5, with seats, wheels, ect.

MLB 08 "The Show"

Sing Star (Karaoke)

Rockband/Guitar Hero (I didn't get close enough to tell)

---------

Best part about all of these is that they run off of the PS3 and are free to play.
    http://www.jdland.com/dc/images/othe...n-200802-1.jpg

Comment

• greekchampion04
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by bigworm_122 View Post
      yeah i was thinking the same thing, the camera behind home plate makes the outfield seem gigantic, when they show a fly ball.

Heres why:

The cameras are in the higher tier of press boxes.

Comment

• Chevy114
        • Feb 2008

I think it was cool that at least they nationals got to have the first hit and first run scored in their stadium! I felt like the stadium wasn't built for tv cameras because those shots from behind home weren't that great, but Im sure the fans had great views! All in all looks like a great place to watch a game and I hope they can keep attendence up!
        The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• FearlessFreep
          • Feb 2008

The game was indeed a sellout, but actual attendance was reported, not tickets sold.

As for the seats behind home plate being vacant, I looked up into the Diamond Club areas and those were packed. Being that it was 32 degrees with a slight breeze I probably would've done the same. It was cold by the bottom of the 9th.

Oh, and I forgot to mention - if this park isn't GEICO field or something next year, I'll be shocked. The only way Geico could've had MORE presence would've been to put their name on the stadium. And being a local company, I wouldn't be shocked if that happened.

Comment

• Gary Dunaier
            Thumbs Down Guy/Moderator
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by FearlessFreep View Post
            if this park isn't GEICO field or something next year, I'll be shocked. The only way Geico could've had MORE presence would've been to put their name on the stadium. And being a local company, I wouldn't be shocked if that happened.
            Sounds reasonable... I already knew GEICO is an acronym for Government Employees Insurance Company, but when I checked their website to verify it I learned the name goes back to GEICO's first customers in 1936, who were government employees and Military personnel. Since DC is a government city, having the naming rights bought by a company whose original customers were government employees seems most appropriate.
            My GIF has been viewed more than 377 million times!
            https://giphy.com/gifs/mlb-yankees-t...wH6yMO7ED5xc7S

Comment

• FearlessFreep
              • Feb 2008

Best GEICO hook last night - when the grounds crew came out to water the field before the game, one of the "Cavemen" was on the crew made up in full Caveman makeup and shown on the ridiculously large HD scoreboard with GEICO signage. I think he was spotted behind home plate during the game as well.

Comment

• greekchampion04
                • Mar 2008

and he ran in the presidents race!

Comment

• Lafferty Daniel
                  Goodbye Teflon Sky
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by greekchampion04 View Post
                  Here is one of the cooler parts of the stadium, somthing some of you may not know about:

pictures from jdland.com

The Playstation Pavilion:

Gran Turismo 5, with seats, wheels, ect.

MLB 08 "The Show"

Sing Star (Karaoke)

Rockband/Guitar Hero (I didn't get close enough to tell)

---------

Best part about all of these is that they run off of the PS3 and are free to play.
                  Is this the first ballpark to have a video game arcade in it?

Comment

• GordonGecko
                    On the Inside
                    • Feb 2008

Home Opener

Back in New York today from DC, was a great game at Nationals Park last night. Secret service was everywhere, snipers on the roof and all that, and George Bush flew in by chopper and threw out the first pitch to a flyover of F-16's and fireworks. The baseball game turned out great and the park was very nice. Here are some of my pictures (Snipers in last two):
                    Attached Files

Comment

• GordonGecko
                      On the Inside
                      • Feb 2008

more pics

Two more pictures:
                      Attached Files

Comment

• NYaDiO
                        • Nov 2007

Hey Gordon those are some nice pictures. I like the sniper at top of the huge screen. I was wondering how loud did the place get? It seem'd pretty loud on tv. But the park is pretty open and I was wondering did it affect the noise level.

Comment

• FearlessFreep
                          • Feb 2008

I thought it was not that loud. I was surprised when I replayed the game on TV and the crowd noise was high. I think as you've suggested, the openness of the stadium allows a lot of the sound to escape. I've been at a lot of loud venues - this didn't seem to be one of them.

Comment

• NYBase
                            • Jan 2008

This ballpark looks great with people in it, when I was just seeing empty stands it wasnt too impressive.
                            Twenty Seven

Comment

• StadiumPage
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by greekchampion04 View Post
                              Heres why:

The cameras are in the higher tier of press boxes.

I actually think that was an ESPN thing. I was watching the Astros/Padres game from Petco on ESPN2 last night and noticed the same camera angle.

I've seen games from Petco on TV before and that wasn't the case.
                              StadiumPage.com
                              Stadium Google Map

Comment

• stlfan
                                • May 2007

As far as the camera angle from ESPN from center field, it's like that no matter which ballpark THEY cover a game. I don't know why they insist on using that high angle. As said, ESPN dictates that angle in their broadcasts. If you watch a game by your local TV station or FOX, the angle is lower.
                                sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X