No announcement yet.

Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum / McAfee C / Network Associates C / UMAX C

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more photos of Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum after the 1996 Renovation
    some more from 2004
    Attached Files

Comment

More photos of Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum after the 1996 Renovation
      from 2004-2005
      Attached Files

Comment

Some photos of Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum from 2006
        Attached Files

Comment

More photos of Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum from 2006 from getty
          Attached Files

Comment

i can't believe they were permitted to tarp over the upper deck for the ALDS.

Comment

Why do the Raiders end zones look like they are still paint with 1970's techniques? This is the NFL, not high school!

Comment

Originally posted by Vikeologist View Post
                Wow I had not realized what a nice looking ballpark this was before the renovation. Maybe its just me, but it had a pre-renovation Kauffman feel in the outfield.

I could picture a nice big new scoreboard up there in centerfield. Man this would be a very nice stadium now, had they not put that huge deck in centerfield.
                I agree 1000% Vikeologist, OAC was a beautiful ballpark to attend as a young man. I think knocking down that monstrosity would be excellent once the "Oakland Roving Raiders" or "Oakland Traitors" (whichever you prefer) move elsewhere, probably LA again, fitting. Both bay area ballparks were ruined (talking the "Stick & OAC") with additions made to boost their capacity.

Originally posted by Milwaukee County Stadium View Post
                Some more photos of Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum after the 1996 Renovation
                from 2001
                Excellent photos as usual MCS . . . although as noted in the above post, I agree with Vikeologist and the general ballpark assertion that the OAC was much more beautiful and pleasing to the eye . . . and obviously more a baseball park without the monstrosity built for the Traitors . . . ruined it for baseball. I was surprised how much visiting even renovated Kauffman reminded me of the old days at the OAC when I visited KC couple weeks back. Different for reasons obvious, but the atmosphere & feel was very similar to the 70's at OAC (short 3 WS wins of course ;-))

Comment

This was on the LoHud Yankees Blog:

Does anyone have anymore pictures of the Baseball diamond with the football markings, or the football field with the baseball dirt still down?

Comment

Comment

Here are some pictures of mine when I was there in April.

Parks I've been to- RYS, NYS, Shea, Citi, CBP, Fenway,Dodger, At&T, Oakland, Nationals, Wrigley, US Cellular and Target Field.

Comment

I hope oakland ends up like san diego where the baseball team gets a new stadium and the fooball team that made a monstrosity of the stadium with large upgrades gets stuck in an multipurpose stadium!

Not to get off topic, but I still feel bad for the 49ers though.
                        The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

Oakland Coliseum 1994

source

Comment

Why wouldn't they wash away the football markings when the A's play there? Looks very unprofessional.
                            Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

What a dump. A's need that new dig in Fremont.

Comment

Originally posted by baseballman1243 View Post
                                Why wouldn't they wash away the football markings when the A's play there? Looks very unprofessional.
                                It looks like they're in the process of cleaning up after a football game. They probably paint them green like they do at LandShark Stadium after Dolphins games. You can still see them clearly, but it's not as bad
                                1997 2003
                                Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X