Globe Life Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Globe Life Field

The Texas Rangers have announced that there new Retractable Roof Ballpark, to open in 2020, will be called Globe Life Field.

ARLINGTON -- The Rangers have taken the next step in preparing for the 2020 opening of their new ballpark, Globe Life Field, by unveiling updated renderings, illustrations and models on Thursday. Rangers team officials and representatives from HKS Inc. -- the architect in charge of the park's design -- presented and explained the elements and features behind it, saying it will be the first “next-generation“ ballpark.
    Texas Rangers: Estabalished 1972 (Arlington, Texas)

Games played at The Ballpark In Arlington (est. 1994)

World Series Titles: 0 (Damn you David Freese, DAMN YOU!)

American League Pennants: 2 (2010, 2011)

American League West Division Titles: 7 (1996, 1998, 1999, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2016)

American League Wild Card Berths: 1 (2012) (grumble)

It will always be The Ballpark In Arlington to me

Renderings

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

American League West Division Titles: 7 (1996, 1998, 1999, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2016)

Comment

I understand the need for sun/heat protection in TX...but dammit...what the hell is with with erector set look to the ceiling?

Very reminiscent of the Mall of America
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Baseball park Lifespans are getting shorter and shorter. If the new park is completed on schedule the current Rangers park will have only lasted 26 years (since 1994) and the Atlanta Braves just replaced their old stadium this year after only 21 years. Compare that with the new Detroit Red Wings hockey arena that's opening in a couple of weeks. The outgoing, Joe Louis Arena had been in business since December 1979 which is about 37 1/2 seasons.

Comment

The original renderings showed the retractable roof made with ETFE. Looks like they've moved away from that.

Comment

It does indeed. Disappointing. Value engineering no doubt. I remember the original renderings for Sun Trust Park showed a much more substantial canopy over the upper deck than what was actually built.

Comment

Tomorrow, September 28, 2017, at 1P.M. Central will be the Official Ground-Breaking Ceremony.

Comment

Today, October 3rd, Excavation work began on Globe Life Field.

Comment

Wow, at first I thought this was an April Fool's joke, but it's actually happening. The current ballpark opened in, what, 1995 or 1997? And it's a nice ballpark too, I've been there.

Stadiums just don't last like they used to. Here in Atlanta we just opened up a new ballpark after playing only 20 years in Turner Field. In addition we have a new football stadium, after only 20 years in the Georgia Dome. Most of the stadiums from my childhood seemed like they'd been around forever.

So Arlington is now on my cities to re-visit list. Need to get to Oakland before the Coliseum goes away.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeStadium4ever View Post
                    Wow, at first I thought this was an April Fool's joke, but it's actually happening. The current ballpark opened in, what, 1995 or 1997? And it's a nice ballpark too, I've been there.

Stadiums just don't last like they used to. Here in Atlanta we just opened up a new ballpark after playing only 20 years in Turner Field. In addition we have a new football stadium, after only 20 years in the Georgia Dome. Most of the stadiums from my childhood seemed like they'd been around forever.

So Arlington is now on my cities to re-visit list. Need to get to Oakland before the Coliseum goes away.
                    The stadiums last fine. The stadiums would last 100 years if properly maintained (see Wrigley, Fenway). It's the billionaire owners holding taxpayers hostage for multi-billion stadium construction costs and unbelievable giveaway lease deals to divert more money into their pockets.

Comment

Just a sickening and obscene waste of money. Spending $ to replace a 20-yr old structure is the height fiscal IRRESPONSIBILITY. Why not use that hotel/car rental tax to improve the current stadium and improve the educational standing (Arlingotn ranks 72 out of 99).

What a crap-show of priorities by this county. Fools.
                      :lightbulb:Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
                      Thanks Sandy Alderson.

Comment

Rangers Ownership is considering using fake grass at the new Ballpark, This just gets worse and worse. More and more of a Boondoggle.

#KeepTheBallparkInArlington #NoNewBallpark

The Rangers aren’t saying it just yet but it’s beginning to look and feel like their new stadium will feature synthetic grass.

Comment

Some construction photos of Globe Life Park

This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerRed View Post
                            Rangers Ownership is considering using fake grass at the new Ballpark, This just gets worse and worse. More and more of a Boondoggle.

"Science has bred a chicken to look like a dinosaur and is actively working on humanless home pizza delivery - and a flying taxi - but growing grass 50 feet below grade is just too much to ask.

This is what the (owners of the) Texas Rangers want us to believe."

giphy.gif

Comment

Originally posted by RangerRed View Post

Perhaps if the team had decided to build a roof made with ETFE (as earlier renderings had shown) then they wouldn't have this problem.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X