Stadiums you really want to go to but never have

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stadiums you really want to go to but never have

Places you either really want to go to, or are planning to, but haven't yet. And if you HAVE been to a stadium someone else lists, give suggestions, encourage or dissuade, etc. I'll start:

1) PNC Park - this is the big one. Looks like a lovely stadium, and intimate enough that there seems to be good views from everywhere. Plus that beautiful bridge. Plus Pittsburgh is a nice city and I haven't been there for years.
    2) Chase Field - It's so close, I should go. Just not between June and September.
    3) All the other California League stadiums - I've been to 3 of the 8.
    4) A Texas League stadium - still never seen a AA game.

And of course all the MLB stadiums I've never been to - at least a dozen - but these come first.
    Found in a fortune cookie On Thursday, August 18th, 2005: "Hard words break no bones, Kind words butter no parsnips."

1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988 2017?

Fenway Park - They tore down Yankee Stadium, and ruined Wrigley Field; I'd like to see a game at Fenway before something happens to it.
    Camden Yards
    PNC Park
    What ever they call the SF Giants park these days.
    They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Give me the death row stadiums before they go.

Tampa
      Montreal
      Atlanta

Comment

Anyone considering "Whatever It's Called" in San Francisco (indeed the naming rights have changed multiple times), I say GO! You won't be sorry. It's a beautiful stadium. Go on public transportation, though. The parking is stupid expensive and the Muni leaves you off pretty close. I think one time I parked somewhere in the city for free, then took the Muni the rest of the way. $1 (at that time, might be 2 or 3 now) instead of $25 to park.
        Found in a fortune cookie On Thursday, August 18th, 2005: "Hard words break no bones, Kind words butter no parsnips."

Comment

Originally posted by toomanyhatz View Post
          2) Chase Field - It's so close, I should go. Just not between June and September.
          Regardless of the fact that they'll play indoors between those months?

I can assist anyone on this. The only stadium that I would need to attend is SunTrust Park. I've been to Turner Field, but not to the new ballpark. I am certainly interested if anyone has some tips as to what to do or see around the area. Not sure when I can make it down to Atlanta for a Braves game; hopefully within 2-3 years.

Comment

I have been to 20 major league stadiums (including the old and new for the Mets/Yankees/Nats and Padres) and the one stadium I need to see more than the others is Wrigley. We had a trip planned to see Wrigley and Miller Park a few years back and had the tickets but the plans fell through.
            I am really interested to see how Wrigley compares to Fenway.
            As for stadiums I have been to, here are some awards:
            Best Stadium PNC Park and Coors Field
            Worst Stadium Tampa Bay
            Disappointing Stadium Dodger Stadium (tough to explore and feels old, although the view from the seats is nice)
            Gaudiest stadium (but they can get away with it) NYS
            Stadium with the most obnoxious fans Citizens Bank Park (doesn't help being a Met fan going to a Met/Philly game)
            Older Stadium that I liked Anaheim Stadium

Comment

Fenway and Wrigley. My Dad and I always talked about going to see a game at those parks together, but we never did it and now it's too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Great One View Post

Regardless of the fact that they'll play indoors between those months?

I can assist anyone on this.
                Well, yes - in that it requires being in Phoenix during those months! Although I suppose I could stay indoors the whole time. And I suppose I could fly there rather than drive through the desert. (I do love the Phoenix Airport - it at least used to have a very sensible layout and decent shops and restaurants.)

Not that I'm likely to get there this year, but are there nearby hotels that are not too pricy? That's always my favorite thing to do is stay within walking distance. Came in REALLY handy in OKC...

Comment

Originally posted by toomanyhatz View Post

Well, yes - in that it requires being in Phoenix during those months! Although I suppose I could stay indoors the whole time. And I suppose I could fly there rather than drive through the desert. (I do love the Phoenix Airport - it at least used to have a very sensible layout and decent shops and restaurants.)

Not that I'm likely to get there this year, but are there nearby hotels that are not too pricy? That's always my favorite thing to do is stay within walking distance. Came in REALLY handy in OKC...
                  Some hotels are about a quarter of a mile away from Chase Field. Depending on your price range, availability, & preferences, they can be anywhere from $80-$140/night.

Comment

Here's my bucket list. I'll list by home team;

Red Sox
                    Pirates
                    Giants
                    Cardinals
                    Dodgers (hard to believe it's now the 3rd oldest ballpark)
                    Angels
                    Padres
                    Braves (I'll eventually get there being that it's only 2 1/2 hours away)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X