Danbury Mint Stadiums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danbury Mint Stadiums

People started talking about the Danbury Mint stadium models in the NYS thread so I figured that I would create a thread specifically devoted to these models. What models do you have and show pics if you got em.

I can't post photos yet but I will name off which Danbury Mint stadium models I have:

Sportsmans Park
    Busch Stadium II
    Fenway Park
    Polo Gounds
    sigpic

Shea Stadium
    Polo Grounds
    Ebbets Field
    Old Yankee Stadium
    Renovated Yankee Stadium
    RFK Stadium (Redskins)
    FedEx Field

I also have a few other replica stadiums (non-Danbury Mint):

Keyspan Park (Brooklyn Cyclones)
    Citibank Park (Long Island Ducks)
    Shea Stadium (1964 version - Mets giveaway)
    Not Mommy, not Daddy.....METSIE, METSIE, METSIE.

Comment

I have two Shea Stadiums - one I ordered direct from DM, the other I got second-hand on Ebay - and Giants Stadium (football). I'd like to get the 1976-2008 Yankee Stadium (not the 1923-1973 version), and Madison Square Garden (preferably in hockey configuration).

I've found, although this is mainly by looking at the pictures, that not all of the Danbury Mint stadiums are of equal quality. Some of the stadiums look like they're out of proportion somewhat.

Non-Danbury stadiums I have are the 1964 Shea Stadium model given away by the Mets in 2004; for what it is, it's a nice replica. I also have a KeySpan Park replica given away by the Brooklyn Cyclones a few years ago. There's a major design error in that one; it depicts the last row of seats as being above the concourse, whereas in reality the last row is flush with it.

Actually, one of the best series of ballpark replicas to come out was Kenner's Starting Lineup "Stadium Stars" series; these had a large figure of a ballplayer standing over a miniature plastic replica of their ballpark. I bought many of these and got rid of the player just to have the stadium!

I can only imagine what McFarlane Toys would do with ballparks... :bowdown:
      X

Comment

I have the original 12 "old" stadiums DM came out with before they realized how popular they would become.

Old Yankee Stadium
        Tiger Stadium
        Comiskey Park
        Wrigley Field
        Polo Grounds
        Ebbets Field
        Sportsman Park
        Crosley Field
        Griffith Stadium
        Fenway Park
        Forbes Field
        Shibe Park

I added "New" Yankee Stadium.
        I guess I started around 1996 getting one a month for around $37 or $38. I think they are all close facsimiles except for Old Yankee Stadium. I thought they could have done a better job with it considering they did such a good job on the others. "New" Yankee Stadium is a very accurate rendition in my opinion.

Comment

Just like I said in the New Yankee Stadium thread, here's what I have:

OLD Yankee Stadium (pre-renovation)
          Ebbett's Field
          ugly Fenway Park
          Wrigley Field
          a stadium the Pirates played in with a house that was like right next to home plate

That's all I can remember

Comment

The New Comiskey Park model is absolutley awful. It's like they didn't even try. They need to redo it, especially since it has been renovated.

Comment

Originally posted by soxnut67 View Post
              The New Comiskey Park model is absolutley awful. It's like they didn't even try. They need to redo it, especially since it has been renovated.
              I just looked at the latest version, and it looks better than what I've seen before, unless what I saw before wasn't a danbury?

It still isn't current though.
              Last edited by soxnut67; 12-08-2007, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Crosley Field, Cincinnati
                Riverfront Stadium, Cincinnati
                Great American Ball Park, Cincinnati
                Durham Bulls Athletic Park, Durham, NC

Comment

i only collect stadiums i have been to, so i have:

PNC Park
                  Skydome
                  Citizen's Bank Park
                  Yankee Stadium
                  Original Yankee Stadium
                  Modern Wrigley Field
                  Miller Park
                  Modern Angel Stadium
                  Oriole Park
                  Turner Field
                  Jacob's Field

hopefully, i will be getting some more for christmas, i am missing 9 stadiums i have been to

Comment

I've got Shea and a mile long wish list!

Comment

I've got Shea Stadium and Dolphin Stadium (football). They don't make a baseball version of Dolphin Stadium. They currently are sold out of Yankee Stadium (1976-P) so I'm on back order for that. Yankee Stadium (1923-73) looks nothing like the stadium and resembles one of those cheaper ones you see on fansedge.com for sale.

What I really want is the Lighted Yankee Stadium-II that comes complete with the elevated #4 train tracks. If anybody has one already, do the windows of the subway train light up also? That one is pricey ($199) and also they don't make it anymore (I don't know why) so I'll have to get if off of eBay.

http://www.danburymint.com/sports/pr...ingle-_-go-btn

Not baseball, but I also have the Rose Bowl that came specially designed with the field markings for the 2002 game between Miami and Nebraska. I bring this up for one reason. For the college football stadiums, all the models are very large scale but all the pro football and MLB stadiums the models are small scale. Why is that? My Rose Bowl is almost 3 x the size of the Shea Stadium model. I would love for the pro stadiums to be available in that same size.

That being said, I would love to have one of each MLB + NFL stadium, but that would...lets say cost a lot of money... and I would definitely need to have a den of some sort to have all 62 stadiums displayed. The lovely wife would not take lightly to the living room resembling a sports bar.
                      Obladi, Oblada...

July 30, 1978 @ Yankee Stadium (DH vs. Minnesota) My childhood introduction in-person to the greatest game ever.

Comment

Onle the Stadium lights work.

I've got the lighted Yankee Stadium. (A very beautiful piece.)
                        Only the Stadium lights work.

Comment

I have a couple of dozen Danburys. Of course the one I wanted to be the best-old Yankee Stadium-is the worst. I also have the deluxe size modern Yankee Stadium, and it is a beauty. Terrific scale and detail. The only one I ever sent back was the Marlins stadium. It's not a baseball park so I don't want it. Is Danbury still making these pieces? I haven't received one in a couple of years.
                          Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

Originally posted by sflnyc View Post
                            They don't make a baseball version of Dolphin Stadium . . . What I really want is the Lighted Yankee Stadium-II that comes complete with the elevated #4 train tracks.
                            There is, indeed, a baseball version of Dolphin Stadium... it's probably called Joe Robbie or Pro Player if you're looking for it on Ebay, but it does exist.

Piece of trivia: the lighted version of the 1976-2008 Yankee Stadium was the first version of that stadium Danbury Mint made, the "normal" version came afterwards.
                            X

Comment

I have the following stadiums from the Danbury Mint...

Astrodome
                              Minute Maid Park
                              Ballpark In Arlington
                              Old Yankee Stadium
                              Deluxe New Yankee Stadium (the one that lights up...very awesome)

Others I have but not from the Danbury Mint...
                              Dodger Stadium
                              Fenway Park
                              Wrigley Field
                              Tiger Stadium
                              Ebbets Field
                              Polo Grounds
                              Colt Stadium
                              Astrodome
                              Minute Maid Park
                              Yankee Stadium
                              Dell Diamond
                              Whataburger Field